Coronavirus (COVID-19)

56 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Watching the news about covid restriction protests in Australia.

Should have been darting the fuckers with vaccine from helicopters imo.

4 hours ago, Damaged Radio said:

Huge leap in hospitals numbers. Deeply concerning. 

There are currently 320 people in hospital throughout Scotland who have recently tested positive for the virus. This is 8 more than yesterday, but 17 fewer than a week ago. 

From that 320 number, 32 are currently in ICU. This is 2fewer than yesterday, and 7 fewer than a week ago. 

Compared to July 21st the total was 529 with 51 in icu now 320 and 32.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't know about the rest of Scotland, Falkirk schools only went back on Wednesday. Cases were well ont he rise before that. Testing increasing prior to schools going back? I dont know, we just seem to be more prone to wild swingers here than other places

Where do I sign up ?

As much as the UK and Scottish Governments have made one fck up after another, at least we can say they're not Australia! Saw some official guy (not sure if he was a politician) giving a briefing on knicker wetting as maskless crowds watched a sunset 😂 Australia has lost their fcking mind over covid

Edited by Thereisalight..

Scotgov website says PCR test 3 days before flying in. If I am flying in on Saturday, I assume that means a test on Wednesday covers me? If I get tested on the Thursday there’s a small chance the result won’t be back before my flight.

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Scotgov website says PCR test 3 days before flying in. If I am flying in on Saturday, I assume that means a test on Wednesday covers me? If I get tested on the Thursday there’s a small chance the result won’t be back before my flight.

Antigen test is fine and much quicker, so I'd wait till Thursday or at the airport before your flight. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/testing-for-people-travelling-to-scotland/

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Antigen test is fine and much quicker, so I'd wait till Thursday or at the airport before your flight. 

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-international-travel-quarantine/pages/testing-for-people-travelling-to-scotland/

Traveling with the kid so don’t want to be arsing about at the airport any more than absolutely necessary. Spent half of Friday and some of yesterday trying to verify that the antigen test at the local hospital meets the specifications for the Scot Gov, no one would give an answer. Have booked the PCR test as late on Wednesday as I could get away with.

4 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Traveling with the kid so don’t want to be arsing about at the airport any more than absolutely necessary. Spent half of Friday and some of yesterday trying to verify that the antigen test at the local hospital meets the specifications for the Scot Gov, no one would give an answer. Have booked the PCR test as late on Wednesday as I could get away with.

Sure you'll be fine on Wednesday. They used to narrow it down to 72 hours before your flight so I guess they're being more flexible by calling it 3 days.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sure you'll be fine on Wednesday. They used to narrow it down to 72 hours before your flight so I guess they're being more flexible by calling it 3 days.

Took the calculated risk and went for the 72 hours before the flight option, just to be on the safe side.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't know about the rest of Scotland, Falkirk schools only went back on Wednesday. Cases were well ont he rise before that. Testing increasing prior to schools going back? I dont know, we just seem to be more prone to wild swings here than other places

We need to just ignore cases. Noone has a a scooby what is driving infections , particularly now everything is open. The time for paying attention to case numbers passed long ago, especially as the definition of a case has essentially changed multiple times.

11 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Telegraph reporting on the pandemic response has been miles ahead of every other paper.

The Tories are laughing all the way to the polling station as the groups they continually f**k keep voting for them in glorious obedience.

Also the telegraph are so close to the government can't help but feel news slips out when other things are in the press.