Coronavirus (COVID-19)

For anyone saying it's alright because they have the PDF version the Scottish government has said they will only remain valid for a short period of time. With any luck that short period of time will coincide with them sorting their dreadful app out.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-update-23-september-2021/

It's been said before no doubt, but Swinney really is a bumbling fool who should be punted to the backbenches as soon as possible. He is apparently a capable constituency MSP but is, and has nearly always been utterly hopeless in ministerial positions. The app being a pile of shite after he gleefully announced it must be right up there with bears defecating in woodland areas as surprises.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

That's our local firework display and Christmas Fayre just been cancelled due them falling under the definition of a "live" event and thus would require vaccine passport checks as both attract large crowds. Totally unticketed events in undefined large open spaces so impossible for organisers to go ahead as impossible for them to implement a system of checks. Total nonsense.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Is Scotland using a different app? You just use the NHS Covid App in England, register your details you have with the GP and 10 seconds later a QR code generates if you've had both doses.

Yes, it’s a completely different app despite the English NHS app being offered to Scotland on a free open source, so we’ve spent millions on a system that doesn’t work properly yet 😡

Is Scotland using a different app? You just use the NHS Covid App in England, register your details you have with the GP and 10 seconds later a QR code generates if you've had both doses.

Scot Gov doing something different to England just to be seen to be different. Nah can’t imagine that would ever happen.

Yes, it’s a completely different app despite the English NHS app being offered to Scotland on a free open source, so we’ve spent millions on a system that doesn’t work properly yet [emoji35]
Of course we have, it's the SNP way, they've wasted money instead of taking a freebie from England.

Bunch of small minded out of their depth councillors.

9 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Yes, it’s a completely different app despite the English NHS app being offered to Scotland on a free open source, so we’ve spent millions on a system that doesn’t work properly yet 😡

£600,000 apparently, maybe that's the problem, that and rushing it through. England already had a non covid related NHS app linking patients to GPs, the covid passport was added on to that platform, so not sure if it would have been as easy as you say to integrate their app.

I ordered a paper copy a few weeks ago. It's folded into very small squares in my wallet. It already looks like some parchment you'd find in a wee box on an arachelogical dig, but I like the idea of very slowly unfolding it in front of an expectant steward.

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

£600,000 apparently, maybe that's the problem, that and rushing it through. England already had a non covid related NHS app linking patients to GPs, the covid passport was added on to that platform, so not sure if it would have been as easy as you say to integrate their app.

Actually very easy to integrate according to my brother who was at the meeting when it was decided to go alone, he was one of the i.t. Companies reps at the meeting, as for £800,000 LOL nowhere near that amount, think of an order of magnitude above it minimum.

That's our local firework display and Christmas Fayre just been cancelled due them falling under the definition of a "live" event and thus would require vaccine passport checks as both attract large crowds. Totally unticketed events in undefined large open spaces so impossible for organisers to go ahead as impossible for them to implement a system of checks. Total nonsense.

The Scottish government's own site says that any unticketed events in large open spaces do not require vaccine passports.

They even used a firework display as a specific example of this.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-certification-scheme-businesses-event-organisers/pages/events/

c7dbe884aae088c34c1b95a1211068f5.jpg

a67a0e329f74bddeb1f8ea0041f1ebe9.jpg

4 minutes ago, budmiester1 said:

Actually very easy to integrate according to my brother who was at the meeting when it was decided to go alone, he was one of the i.t. Companies reps at the meeting, as for £800,000 LOL nowhere near that amount, think of an order of magnitude above it minimum.

I'm just going on what was widely reported.

A £600,000 contract has been awarded to a Danish firm to develop a vaccine passport similar to ones already in use elsewhere in the UK and Europe.

I can't even find the bloody thing, unless it's an upgrade of the previous T&T which I already downloaded ages ago?
I stick "NHS Scotland Covid Status app" into Playstore and get the following.

Screenshot_20211001-111829.thumb.png.c0905f27fe2e3305431a04f84972cc73.png
Screenshot_20211001-111848.thumb.png.3d4ce85b6eb689666ae48ee87ca01202.png

I followed a link on a newspaper website, couldn't get it to work and binned it. Shite.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk