Coronavirus (COVID-19)

The SG have really cornered themselves in here. Either they remove the remaining restrictions with almost record high cases (which goes against the image they have tried to create for 2 years) or they keep them in place which would make Scotland a bit of an outlier. Of course, all this could have been prevented if they just removed the restrictions at the end of February.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Is this the start of the messaging that sees a delay to the 21st March lifting of legal restrictions?

I can already see the ‘it would in our judgement be grossly irresponsible to remove these vital public health protections at a time of rapidly increasing cases and hospitalisations. We will make no apologies for keeping people safe’ schtick being wheeled out.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

Is this the start of the messaging that sees a delay to the 21st March lifting of legal restrictions?

Don’t think they will reverse the decisions. 

Good luck expecting people to listen if they do though :lol: 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

The replies 🤣🤣🤣🙈

Hopefully not, though, else f**k knows when we'd get rid. A pity it has taken almost two years to show the utter futility of the SGs care more approach.

Absolute minter for the SG, though, if they finally remove masks with cases at a higher level than they were when they elected to undermine their vaccine passports and close entire sectors, setting fire to their chance of getting some much needed festive income in the process.

the public have had enough now, most people have either had it or know someone who has, naebody is feart from it anymore except those who need to be and a few vocal politicised shriekers 

I've managed to avoid covid this entire time. I haven't been tested or even thought about needing to once. Where I live barely anybody is bothering to wear a mask which is nice but in a bizarre twist of fate my mother is now ill with covid. She's worked in a care home and then a school for the duration of the pandemic and managed to avoid it for the past 2 years which is impressive! I am the type of person that doesn't watch popular TV shows until people stop talking about it so it feels fitting that my personal experience with covid is just at the point when it's unfashionable and nobody gives a f**k anymore. 

My personal highlight of warped logic was someone I know that worked in a local shop who wore a heavy duty mask and gloves at the start of everything  but then stopped wearing such "protections" when they became mandatory because of "muh asthma."...

A younger relative (jagged x3 and underlying conditions) has had it fairly bad and got one of the treatments as a result, seems as though it's triggered another bout of chronic fatigue syndrome. Refuses to put this down to long COVID, as it just seems as though this is the latest infection to trigger the CFS, just as other infections have in the past.

No demands for society to change for them - just accepts it for what it is and tries to get through it best they can. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

Still, I'm sure that Pagel, Gurdasani and the rest of the gang will take this scientific conclusion with their accustomed, timeless dignity. 

Hide contents

1432316645_giphy(3).gif.dec12cc8c6760a9f7421af9f53926531.gif

Can't wait for another made up number of the amount of people in the UK with long covid being produced off the Deepti calculator in a fifteen-tweet strop about this. 

On 08/03/2022 at 13:51, oaksoft said:

That guy is absolutely insane.

Here's a hilarious thread where he reckons covid is causing brain damage and unexplained fainting.

At first I actually thought it was a spoof account but I think the guy is deadly serious.

There is evidence of neurological and physical brain changes due to covid.

Scotgov will be wanking over current numbers.   14,387 cases today and 41 deaths.

5796 still positive via PCR tests.  Thought we had stopped doing those !!!  Who are these people ?

England is only running about 30,000 a day and Wales less than 1000

The doomsters will be out on the Air waves I suspect next few days.

Edited by superbigal

14 minutes ago, superbigal said:

5796 still positive via PCR tests.  Thought we had stopped doing those !!!  Who are these people ?

Gov advice is still to book a PCR test if you are symptomatic. 

There are other circumstances, such if you need to apply for a self isolation grant, where you require a PCR result.

24 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Gov advice is still to book a PCR test if you are symptomatic. 

There are other circumstances, such if you need to apply for a self isolation grant, where you require a PCR result.

This. Certain countries also need a proof of infection to skip the arrival PCR tests. Why I went for one. 

10 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Well no Dr Margaret, there's more pressing issues in the world at the moment than one of the many incurable respiratory viruses that humans can catch.

Just now, TheScarf said:

Well no Dr Margaret, there's more pressing issues in the world at the moment than one of the many incurable respiratory viruses that humans can catch.

It's actually quite curable, but circulation will never be eliminated.