Coronavirus (COVID-19)

UK government set to scrap all travel rules for England

Government ministers are expected to agree to scrap all England's remaining international travel restrictions.

Currently, everyone travelling to the UK must complete a passenger locator form before they arrive.

Travellers who are not fully vaccinated have to take a Covid test before departure, fill in the form, and book and pay for a PCR test after arriving.

The date these requirements will end has not yet been confirmed.

2 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

1 hour ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

the beds getting shat isn't it...

I note that today, on the eve of one of the biggest announcements over the course of the pandemic, there is a data issue so no case data available... 🙄

9 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Did you take lessons at some point in your life to perfect this art of being a boring c**t or does it just come naturally? 

It always amuses me when posters say the exact same things they've seen others say as a means of calling someone else "boring".

It's an irony that always escapes the gormless, unthinking cretin making the post.

Thread about Hong Kong - they now have the record for daily deaths (per/million), seemingly due to low vaccination rates amongst the over 80s when compared to other "zero-Covid" countries now experiencing high case rates.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

What's the script with coming into Scotland from outside the UK these days? Do I still need a negative test and a passenger locator form?

Nothing after Friday apart from anything the Swiss demand. Looks that way anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

24 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing after Friday apart from anything the Swiss demand. Looks that way anyway.

Fucking typical.  just seen that on the news.

I fly home on Wednesday.  Last time I flew home was a couple of days before the testing requirements were dropped.

27 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Fucking typical.  just seen that on the news.

I fly home on Wednesday.  Last time I flew home was a couple of days before the testing requirements were dropped.

Yeah, got stung a few times with shifting traffic lights and test requirements. At least you've only got a form to fill.

43 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Good.

Probably won't affect you but the UK has stopped accepting EU or Swiss ID cards instead of passports. It's really dumb, they're just as secure now and only about half of Europeans bother getting a passport. How to help tourism and hospitality recover from Covid..

Edited by welshbairn

That Jillian Evans from NHS Grampian wanting masks to stay for now because they send a warning that we’re not out of the woods yet.

I’d have thought if that’s the road they want to go down then they need to work out how to get that messaging across without the need for masks etc.

Keeping masks to “send a warning” is an admission that nobody’s really listening to these gobshites anymore.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Probably won't affect you but the UK has stopped accepting EU or Swiss ID cards instead of passports. It's really dumb, they're just as secure now and only about half of Europeans bother getting a passport. How to help tourism and hospitality recover from Covid..

Yeah, the ID cards thing was last year IIRC. Doesn’t affect me as I still only have a UK passport, but my missus was annoyed as it meant she had to start taking her passport with her when we go back.

On that note, I need to see if I can make an appointment with the passport office for my next trip home, need to get the boy sorted with his second passport.

26 minutes ago, Ross. said:

Yeah, the ID cards thing was last year IIRC. Doesn’t affect me as I still only have a UK passport, but my missus was annoyed as it meant she had to start taking her passport with her when we go back.

On that note, I need to see if I can make an appointment with the passport office for my next trip home, need to get the boy sorted with his second passport.

I know someone that was looking at appointments recently for the one in Glasgow.  He said he was quoted 10 week lead time for an appointment.  

Disclaimer.  No idea if true or not.

38 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

That Jillian Evans from NHS Grampian wanting masks to stay for now because they send a warning that we’re not out of the woods yet.

I’d have thought if that’s the road they want to go down then they need to work out how to get that messaging across without the need for masks etc.

Keeping masks to “send a warning” is an admission that nobody’s really listening to these gobshites anymore.

Another one whose predictions should be fired straight into the sun.

She was demanding full lockdown at Christmas, saying that hospitals would be overwhelmed otherwise.