Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe I overestimated your ability to comprehend.

Enlighten me then, oh wise one. What about it makes you think it's clear?

Have noticed while going to work that quite a few people are treating the quiet roads and motorways like their own private le mans.

These people are idiots.
Yep. We are quite close to the a1 and during the night recently I've heard a lot of what sounded like boy racers motors.

Just now, Gaz said:

Enlighten me then, oh wise one. What about it makes you think it's clear?

I am not an educator.  I think it’s clear, I reckon most folk will understand it.  Maybe not all.

42 minutes ago, s_dog said:

Yep I get the first part of that, where death occurs there is sometimes as much as a 2-3 week period between someone first showing symptoms, then becoming really ill, and dying. Not always though, I was quite alarmed to read about a 20-something year old woman who lived on her own and her whole family appear to have been infected (think they'd all been on holiday in Turkey the week before). They were all keeping in contact by phone until one day they tried to phone their daughter and didn't get an answer. The next day the police came to inform them she'd died, apparently she'd become increasingly ill at the end of the first week, phoned an ambulance that night and left her door open for them, but had died before the ambulance came.

The UK government have also been talking about reaching the peak this weekend, whereas the Scottish Government have been saying they don't know when it will be reached and it could be longer. It's early stages yet but its starting to look like the Scottish figures are showing the lockdown is taking effect and slowing how quickly the numbers of infected are rising. They are still rising and we need them to slow a lot more though. And like you say, even then we're still a way off coming out of it. This was the whole idea though, flattening the curve to stop the NHS from becoming overwhelmed the way the health systems did in parts of Italy & Spain. 

I'm sure I've heard Nicola Sturgeon say they were starting to include care home deaths in the figures in Scotland and was under the impression that was part of the new process for counting deaths that they started with the National Records of Scotland? Looking at that site it doesn't specifically mention care homes, it just talks about the Governments previous figures only including deaths of people who had tested positive for Covid-19, whereas now they are including any deaths where Covid-19  is mentioned on the death certificate. And as all deaths have to be registered to get a death certificate, regardless of whether they happen in hospitals, care homes or at home, that must mean they are included?  

Edit: link to NRS   https://www.nrscotland.gov.uk/covid19stats

At the moment it is 2 separate figures with some overlap, as of 5th April, 220 from daily figure and 354 Inc the 220 from NRS announced weekly. 

The daily figures get pounded all over the media for both countries, no reason the lagged figures aren't included other than political expediency, they need to make more noise about them shortly if they want to start battering the "Chinese lied to us" drum as a divertionary tactic. 

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I am not an educator.  I think it’s clear, I reckon most folk will understand it.  Maybe not all.

Any advice that needs different interpretations is not clear advice.

What's the difference between exercise for exercise, and exercise for a hobby?

13 minutes ago, The DA said:

Why is today's briefing reporting 980 dead but https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries is showing 1038?

All 4 nations cease counting their daily totals at different times, can only assume that worldometer are totalling all 4 figures today and adding on to yesterday's adjusted figure. 

Edited by ayrmad

Just now, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

You're allowed to go for a run, but you better not enjoy it!

Not mountain biking though - that is for sure! Can I still use my road bike? Hybrid bike?

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Any advice that needs different interpretations is not clear advice.

What's the difference between exercise for exercise, and exercise for a hobby?

You can't do a jigsaw whilst jogging? 🤔

Just noticed this in the live section of the BBC news:

South Korean patients thought cured test positive again

South Korean health authorities say 91 people thought recovered after contracting coronavirus have tested positive for the disease again.
The Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (KCDC) said on Friday it was not clear why the patients had tested positive for a second time.
KCDC director Jeong Eun-kyeong told a news conference it was possible that the virus had “reactivated” in the patients, as opposed to them being re-infected.
Other health experts suggested the patients may have "relapsed” or been misdiagnosed by faulty tests.
The results will be of keen interest internationally, as health experts worldwide hope people infected by Covid-19 will develop immunity to the disease, allowing them to return to work.

Edited by s_dog