Coronavirus (COVID-19)

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can't see how doing a Q&A and giving a statement is going to help him in any way.

It's going to be a health condition. It's the only situation I can think of in which it would have been inappropriate for BoJo to comment on.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can't see how doing a Q&A and giving a statement is going to help him in any way.

It's a bit weird. If he was resigning he'd just sneak out the back door, maybe leaving a written statement. Can't see him making a grovelling apology which would be the only thing that could help him.

16 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Anyone know what time this is meant to be at?

When Cummings decides, presumably.........

Ahead of Dominic Cummings’s public statement this afternoon, a number of people on Twitter are flagging the government’s code of conduct for special advisers which states they must not take “public part in political controversy”.

Point 14 states:

"Special advisers must not take public part in political controversy, through any form of statement whether in speeches or letters to the press, or in books, social media, articles or leaflets.

They must observe discretion and express comment with moderation, avoiding personal attacks, and would not normally speak in public for their minister or the department."

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

7 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

Ha, sky saying a SPAD isn't meant to do pressers or release political statements.

It's an old biplane tbf.

15 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Taking a leaf out of the spfl book of spin. By the end of the day it'll have been Sevco who was driving about the north of England.