Coronavirus (COVID-19)

2 minutes ago, Michael W said:

That picture perfectly sums up why I won't be in a pub for some time yet. Looks utterly grim. 

It wouldn't have looked any better back in February tbh.

While the UK government clearly deserves the bulk of the blame for this week's rolling airbridges/lifting foreign travel restrictions clusterfuck, the SG now pretending that it needs extra time to hum and haw over whether to accept travel from, say, Germany is pathetic in its own right. They should by all means consider different policies for some of the more questionable countries on England's list but there are dozens of countries that pose no serious risk at all and could be given the green light right now. The reason for not doing so is 100% political. 

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I feel that every time yon Todd_Is_Godd mentions 'the science', someone should be on hand to remind everyone else that Todd_Is_Godd is a climate change denier who thinks that climate change is entirely natural and does not believe that humanity is in any way responsible for the massively accelerated climate change that we are currently going through.

Nothing but respect to Todd banging the same drum since March and right as it looks like he's about to be vindicated moves on to climate change denial to stay ahead of the curve. 

Jimmy, an absolute legend

Imagine not having a pint for months and the first one you order is Carling. The c**t is definitely a Brexit voter and will have spent the last few weeks defending statues.

2 hours ago, Gaz said:

I feel that every time yon Todd_Is_Godd mentions 'the science', someone should be on hand to remind everyone else that Todd_Is_Godd is a climate change denier who thinks that climate change is entirely natural and does not believe that humanity is in any way responsible for the massively accelerated climate change that we are currently going through.

And he also disnae ken the difference between voluntarily and involuntarily.

25 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
1 hour ago, ICTChris said:
Jimmy, an absolute legend

Imagine not having a pint for months and the first one you order is Carling. The c**t is definitely a Brexit voter and will have spent the last few weeks defending statues.

Alternatively it's a guy just finished his work going to his local for a pint.  Carling wouldn't be my ideal preference but if it was that or Fosters on draft then it'll be Carling for me %100000.

The choice of wording upon his first sip is quite funny but there's more than a hint of classism in much of the reaction to people going to the boozer today.

I see Jennie Harries is now saying we should expect to see multiple waves of this virus.

Here’s hoping not, can’t be bothered seeing her talk down and make snidey comments anymore.

Alternatively it's a guy just finished his work going to his local for a pint.  Carling wouldn't be my ideal preference but if it was that or Fosters on draft then it'll be Carling for me %100000.
The choice of wording upon his first sip is quite funny but there's more than a hint of classism in much of the reaction to people going to the boozer today.

Jimmy is the modern day embodiment of the Stakhanovite ethic. Up all night tarmaccing roads, no sleep and off to the boozer to help our ailing locals. He is a hero.

I’d take a nation of Jimmy over a load of whiny man babies who have their mental health diagnosis and Harry Potter house in their Twitter bio any day.

22 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Jimmy is the modern day embodiment of the Stakhanovite ethic. Up all night tarmaccing roads, no sleep and off to the boozer to help our ailing locals. He is a hero.

I’d take a nation of Jimmy over a load of whiny man babies who have their mental health diagnosis and Harry Potter house in their Twitter bio any day.

Stopping just short of the s*******e word there Chris. Relax and float upstream

Edited by Angusfifer

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Once again pitching my "everyone gets one free murder a year" proposal to improve society

Not sure that would work as planned. I'd just end up being an utter c**t to people I didn't like in the hope they'd try to murder me and I'd get to kill them in self-defence.

Also, I've a horrible feeling that murder is a gateway drug to serial killing.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

I still maintain we should try it for say 3 years

You'd be better with a Purge, surely. Imagine the anticlimax of killing BoJo, only to realise you're going to need to wait another year for Farage.

...they'd be away in a bunker during a Purge, right enough.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

No c**t would behave themselves with a purge. No it's got to be like everyone walks about each day knowing one burst of incivility could make it their last.

I'm just envisioning myself ending up like a spoilt wean.

"...but mum, please, just one more!"