Coronavirus (COVID-19)

58 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

549.78 kB · 0 downloads

549.78 kB · 0 downloads

549.78 kB · 0 downloads

Our aim is elimination there's and to that extent England's isnt. Ultimately eradication is an unattainable goal so elimination is the best we can hope for. No one knows who is right or wrong or even if there is a right or wrong. The problem with our current policy is maintaining the very good progress while loosening lockdown. I think the SG are being very naive if they think its feasible to maintain sub 10 new cases while opening pubs etc. They have to factor in a rise and not over react when it happens.

This is an interesting point.

Much was made of the desire to emulate NZ who were lauded as getting cases to zero.

NZ has as many cases now as it did back at the end of May. What do you do there? Do you accept the fact it's impossible to get to zero and keep it there, and that a low number of daily cases is an acceptable trade off for a functioning society? Or do you lock down again? 

I went into town earlier. First time since the 17th of March that I'd been there. 

It was a pretty weird experience - subdued and quiet which is to be expected. More than a few shoos/restaurants etc that were not reopen as it is presumably not yet viable for them to do so. 

What I thought was odd is that Next had all of their staff wearing plastic visors, but no mask. Seemed to me what whilst they meant well there, that the priority was probably the wrong way around. I only went in for a walk rather than for anything in particular, but the two stores I did go into both had one way systems in place. Some shops had people on the doors to presumably count numbers and others had queuing systems in place in anticipation. 

Overall it was a strange experience which I don't really have any immediate desire to repeat. 

2 hours ago, mizfit said:

IMG_5703.jpg

Slough is on the list of areas being watched due to a high case load. Hopefully this tips it over the edge and has it locked down, preferably permanently. 

An utter bin of a place. 

Edited by Michael W

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

I'd probably live in a tent immediately outside the door of a pub permanently if I had the misfortune to live in Slough, tbh.

I've always enjoyed the fact that in the name of their local athletics club, they try to hide it in the middle to make it less scummy. Windsor, Slough and Eton sounds significantly more classy than any of the alternatives.

Seriously thinking about changing tack and just blindly fawning over everything the SNP do and viciously attacking anyone who says a word against them just to cheer up D.A.F.C.

You're not really though you're just fishing for likes because you can't actually provide a thought out and reasoned response.

Today marked a welcome return to the postie handing me a package rather than throwing it at my door and sprinting out my driveway like he expected me to open fire on him.

Thank heavens for the glorious, can do no wrong SNP

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Watching telly this morning and hairdressers need to wear visors, but not masks to avoid spread via droplets. Surely the droplets will drop below the visor on to the customer.

Eta. In all the still pictures they are wearing masks, but they weren't earlier while on tv.

My mates wife owns a salon and what they’re doing is having the client wear a mask and the hairdresser is wearing a visor. When it’s time to wash hair the dresser will wear a mask and visor. No idea the reasoning behind it but it was to follow guidelines issued by the NHBF 

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:
1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Levels of gaslighting of which I’ve never seen before from your here. So much gaslighting.

At least you're not upset about it.

Given your numerous heads gone posts over the last few weeks (years really) about it, it’s pretty clear you are the one upset about it.

1 hour ago, D.A.F.C said:

You're not really though you're just fishing for likes because you can't actually provide a thought out and reasoned response.

A thought out and reasoned response, such as shouting “gaslighting” repeatedly?

On the receiving end of cuntish behaviour for the first time since the outbreak, walking to shop there. 

Passing by some absolute cretin, who chose that moment to exhale cigarette smoke in my face. 

Regretting now that I waited until reaching the shop before putting on my mask

Just now, Tynierose said:

This. There was something splendid about finishing a sets of nightshifts when in my mid twenties then nipping to the Penny Black for a few

Its cos you are tired I think, giddiness sets in early and you get a right good laugh. My post nightshift drinking career seemed to be spent buckled laughing at stuff that wouldnt otherwise be very funny. 

Farage has tweeted a photo of himself sinking a #pint in the pub.. Only thing is that he was in the USA less than two weeks ago and should (AFAIK) still be in quarantine for another couple of days.