Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Absolutely disgraceful from Sturgeon, no reported deaths and she’s plunging us back into lockdown. Wave a bit of furlough money in front of her and she changes course completely. Of course it will suit the work shy and cement her popularity amongst them. 

Just now, Scosha said:

I voted no in the Independence referendum back in 2014, not because I don’t want us to be independent, but because I felt we wouldn’t have been able to manage on our own and wasn’t convinced about the SNP party leading us into the unknown. The past few years I’ve sometimes regretted the decision but this whole furlough fiasco is the final straw for me. Get us out this ‘Union’. What a fucking shambles.  

welcome captain GIF

Absolutely disgraceful from Sturgeon, no reported deaths and she’s plunging us back into lockdown. Wave a bit of furlough money in front of her and she changes course completely. Of course it will suit the work shy and cement her popularity amongst them. 
When did she announce this lockdown as she certainly hasn't on her tv address just now. That's in your head. She has just stated she will not be moving away from the new tier system.

In what way?

If you agree that a lockdown might be required at some point to reduce case numbers, and that there might be a need to do that in the next 3 months (say), then should you do it now when JRS is available or in December or January when it’s not?

Of course, if JRS was available when it was needed in Scotland, rather than when it is needed in England, then this isn’t a issue SG could make a decision based on local conditions.

Merkel admitting that German authorities can’t trace 75% of their infections. What percentage are we at?

Everything I've seen re track and trace suggests it's only effective if cases are suppressed to a low enough level to make it feasible. Very few European nations are in that position right now so it would seem that bar a proper working app downloaded by a large proportion of the population, traditional "manual" track and trace procedures may well be pointless as we stand.

When did she announce this lockdown as she certainly hasn't on her tv address just now. That's in your head. She has just stated she will not be moving away from the new tier system.
Yes, she said she was sticking with the tier system, but has also said that the whole country could be put in tier 4.Screenshot_20201102-133013_Facebook.jpg

Just now, Clockwork said:

NS seems pretty clear on the choice here.
‘Should we take the opportunity of more generous financial support’?

Should we take a one off chance to force down transmission while furlough payments are being offered nationwide because of England's lock down, or wait till after England decides it's not needed anymore and there's no money available. Tricky choice.

Should we take a one off chance to force down transmission while furlough payments are being offered nationwide because of England's lock down, or wait till after England decides it's not needed anymore and there's no money available. Tricky choice.

Yep, as posted just back up the thread (BJK), NS is between a rock and a hard place on this one.

Was it last week Fiona Hyslop was encouraging us to do our Christmas shopping early this year? And then this week the shops will be getting shut?

Was that at the point where the PM was saying no to a national lockdown and extension of theJRS?

Are you suggesting she should have predicted this weekends fiasco?