Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I presume the hubs will be open?
My issue i have is... I take unpaid leave and keep my kids away from the hubs like last time or I put them in it which I don't want to do. Unpaid leave is shit but just means I need to change hours or longer shifts or whatever.
Schools should be shut however its tough going. Keep my kids safe but work in and around the virus every day making sure I'm missing it.
No hubs as such but individual schools to provide schooling for children of essential workers until 18 January.

3 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Fraid not...1 week (Jan 11th-18th)

Well, no. They extended the holidays by a week to the 11th, then online earning only to the 18th  at least.

No way are they going to announce tomorrow that they are going back in on the 18th. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My uninformed opinion carries as much weight as any of the other chumps on here so here's how I would play it/what I think could be considered reasonable.

4 week lockdown starting tomorrow. Full on, stay in the house March style. Schools closed except for a tight keyworker criteria to avoid grandparents being needlessly exposed.

Vaccinate the living shit out of it. Nights, days, weekends, whatever is needed.

At the end of four weeks, back to the tier system. Ending of full lockdown in 4 weeks needs to be written in stone. Placed in tiers based on that actual numbers.

If we are not in a position to combine increased vaccination with increased measures, then Nicola Sturgeon is welcome to step down for me.

I'm getting bored of repeating this, but Nicola Sturgeon has not been CEO of AZ and Pfizer for the last year. Where are these vaccines going to come from to fuel a 24/7 vaccinating the shit out it for the next 4 weeks?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I'm getting bored of repeating this, but Nicola Sturgeon has not been CEO of AZ and Pfizer for the last year. Where are these vaccines going to come from to fuel a 24/7 vaccinating the shit out it for the next 4 weeks?

Well tbh, bored though you may be, unless you can demonstrate to me that supply is the bottleneck and makes increasing daily doses impossible, its a drum I am going to keep beating, and since the 12 week thing effectively doubled the doses on hand, I would also be expecting you to show me a doubling of injection rate before I pipe down.

Well tbh, bored though you may be, unless you can demonstrate to me that supply is the bottleneck and makes increasing daily doses impossible, its a drum I am going to keep beating, and since the 12 week thing effectively doubled the doses on hand, I would also be expecting you to show me a doubling of injection rate before I pipe down.
I thought there was a supply issue as Pfizer over-promised?

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
12 minutes ago, Jedi said:
Fraid not...1 week (Jan 11th-18th)

They were due to start back on the 5th, so that's 2 weeks.

Depends which authority you are talking about...some of course finished on the 18th of Dec, while others were the 23rd.

They will absolutely be back, full capacity, from the 18th. Other than that am expecting a 'full country in Tier 4' until at least the end of Jan announcement tomorrow.

Just now, Big Fifer said:

The line of "children's lives have been put on hold" has started getting me rattled, as if they're the only ones who's lives have been slightly modified in the past 10 months. 

Aye, they’ve got their whole lives ahead of them.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

They said on the news yesterday that the issue isn't at Pfizer's end.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-two-million-vaccine-doses-to-be-supplied-each-week-from-mid-january-report-12177151

Just now, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Perhaps someone knows the numbers of what has been delivered so far, what has been administered and what is scheduled to come in over the next four weeks. I don't mind saying I don't know those numbers. I also don't mind saying that I am basing my ideas on the assumption that we are not running out of vaccine then sitting waiting on the next delivery with no doses available. This assumption is based on government form over the course of the crsis

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Ive said countless times, the issue is with the health boards, they are not putting appropriate measures in place to get it rolled out faster. 

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Somebody's telling porkies, I heard a Pfizer spokesman on earlier in December say that they weren't going to manage to make their promised 10 million dose delivery by the end of 2020, I think it ended up closer to 1 million than 2 million.

In amongst the nonsense over schools this morning, Johnson also has diverted back to the hint hint about tightening restrictions - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-55521747

Just get on with it; we all fucking well know you're going to and Sturgeon is up tomorrow to do it as well so Johnson doesn't have to be bad cop first. In the meantime, update us on the vaccine rollout and tell us how much quicker we can get this rolled out with the changes to dosing periods. 

If there is an avoidable delay (Healthboards being useless etc) , bypass them. We can't have this held up when we've got vaccine ready to go.