Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Clap for the NHS last time was an absolute fucking minter with the aforementioned Facebook maws giving weekly reports of which of their neighbouring streets weren't loud enough. Absolute pish. Most of the fat c***s were posting "Whaur's MY £500?" last month. Get this utter shite fired into the fucking sun. 

Edited by Day of the Lords

Just over 2k cases in Scotland and 10% positivity. 

All the Christmas cases should be through by now and some of the new year should be filtering in by now as well. 

If the numbers stay stable between 2 & 2.5k for the next week or so we should be in a good position to avoid the English and Welsh f**k up. 

1 hour ago, greendot said:

Solve it with a gunshot in the face for the covidiots.

A list to begin with0

Margaret Ferrier (covid trip)

How did ye no add Charlie Windsor, his second wife and their entourage when they flew from London to Balmoral and caused the Grampian Health Board to divert a covid task force to Birkhill to test the selfish sods.

You could also have added his son and his daughter-in-law who hired a train (at taxpayers expense) and travelled from England to Waverley Station in Edinburgh (against SG advice) then onwards to Wales (also against Welsh Government advice)

Boris Johnston (shake everyones hand)

Dominic Cummings (eyetest drive)

Kyle Walker (Covid Party)

Celtic FC (Dubia trip)

Zara Holloway (Barbados trip / covid ignore)

the Palace / West Hams boys (covid party)

etc

Edited by Wee Willie

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Clap for Carers is great if you stay seated in the house on the Xbox and imagine they’re applauding your Dark Souls abilities

I was out a run during it in the summer and it felt like I was doing the last 500m of the London Marathon.

23 hours ago, superbigal said:

Good Afternoon. 1 day after yesterdays dismal figures

Overall cases per 100K  for 7 days  in period 27th Dec to 2nd January was 279.7

From 28th Dec to 3rd Jan a small jump to 290.8 which is up just over 3%,so hopefully that replicates tomorrow.

Let us just take a look at the councils and see who is to blame.  (Took the piss at Xmas)

Only councils with jump over 10% in one day are low down the charts which is good news.  Also no major jumps of any significance.

Falkirk    269.7 to 300.2   

Shetland Islands  240.0 to 274.9

Perth & Kinross  219.2 to 254.0

Highlands  186.2 to 212.9

Argyll & Bute  85.0 to 95.5

Orkney Islands 0.0 to 4.5

Edited by superbigal

3 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

I’ve heard this a few times, are people contagious whilst in the undetected incubation stage? In any case this is something test makers need to catch up on. I mean i know science is w bit busy the now but by the time someone is actually sick the you’re already playing a massive game of catch up . Thos as much as a vaccine will get us out of this pish

People are most contagious in the first five days of any symptoms showing, so if the first day you've just got mild aches & pains or a bit of a cough, you are already contagious. And the problem with testing is that you can test negative one day, and a day or two later, test positive. So a combination of having a negative test result from a few days before you travel, then being kept in quarantine or self-isolating at home is the only way to properly control your borders. It beggars belief that it's taken nearly a year for our government to look at this.

2 hours ago, madwullie said:

I didn't clap first time round mainly because I'm a miserable cyclical old p***k, but surely to f**k, after how poorly the nhs staff have been treated over the past 12 months, even the most ardent supporter can see this is an awful, empty gesture that would more likely enrage nhs staff across the country. 

Some will be enraged, but there were certainly some NHS staff who felt it was a bit of morale support for them and liked it. No doubt it'll be the same again. I suppose if it makes some staff feel good, then where is the harm? But as appreciative as I am of the NHS staff dealing with Covid patients, I won't be joining in, a wee cash bonus I'm sure would make them feel better than people clapping them, especially when tossers in the Tory cabinet will no doubt be pictured amongst them.

Edited by s_dog

40 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Just over 2k cases in Scotland and 10% positivity. 

All the Christmas cases should be through by now and some of the new year should be filtering in by now as well. 

If the numbers stay stable between 2 & 2.5k for the next week or so we should be in a good position to avoid the English and Welsh f**k up. 

Hope you are correct.

Latest Scotland Covid number for ICU is 95. Total hospital number 1384. (Confirmed cases).

Direct comparison of the highest numbers from April is 208 in ICU and 1520 for hospital numbers. Again that was confirmed cases.

At that time suspected cases were also being counted which gave ICU peak total at 221 and hospital numbers peak at 1866. 

I was out a run during it in the summer and it felt like I was doing the last 500m of the London Marathon.

Who was that French guy on YouTube that used to do weird pranks? I mind of one where they assembled a crowd to cheer and celebrate passing cyclists like they were winning the Tour de France.

If Clap for Carers makes a comeback I shall be timing by evening run so that I'm coming up the home straight bang on 8pm. It'll be just like Rocky.

19 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

What's the difference in the funding currently being provided to councils vs the Everyone In scheme? This is from the article on that tweet:

The Government said it will continue its commitment to the £15m Protect Programme, an initiative launched in November to provide help to areas that need additional support most during the restrictions and throughout winter. This will be on top of the £91.5m allocated to 274 councils in September to fund their individual plans for rough sleepers over the coming months, as well as the £10m Cold Weather Fund, which is used to provide homeless shelters with support during the winter months.

Is this just chicken feed compared to the original scheme? I suppose it must be or homeless charities wouldn't be kicking off.

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

If Clap for Carers makes a comeback I shall be timing by evening run so that I'm coming up the home straight bang on 8pm. It'll be just like Rocky.

Think I’ll phone a takeaway for an 8 o’clock delivery. Give the driver a bit of a morale boost. 

9 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Hope you are correct.

Latest Scotland Covid number for ICU is 95. Total hospital number 1384. (Confirmed cases).

Direct comparison of the highest numbers from April is 208 in ICU and 1520 for hospital numbers. Again that was confirmed cases.

At that time suspected cases were also being counted which gave ICU peak total at 221 and hospital numbers peak at 1866. 

Those numbers so at least suggest that treatment is more effective now, with a smaller proportion of those in hospital ending up in ICU.

7 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Who was that French guy on YouTube that used to do weird pranks? I mind of one where they assembled a crowd to cheer and celebrate passing cyclists like they were winning the Tour de France.

Remi Gaillard.

Bollocks to Clap for Yersel Night and bollocks to Annemarie Plas.