Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 hours ago, PWL said:

Yup. In-laws all struck down from Christmas day. 4 adults - though didn't test the 2 kids as not showing symptoms. 

Mrs more angry at me as I had long said they shouldn't have got together at Xmas anyway. Bro in law a key worker and parents in law didn't need to visit.  Whilst no underlying health issues as such, they are a family that doesn't say no when the dessert trolly passes so need to be careful. 

Obviously, I'm walking round the house like a dog with two dicks having been proved correct. 

With neither getting sucked cause the Mrs in huff you were right?!

13 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I agree on the football. A lot of construction work js outside so surely the risk is minimal if precautions are taken?

It's non-essential work so it is entirely defeating the purpose of 'lockdown' measures to have people swanning to and from their workplace and interacting all the way - even if their primary workspace is outdoors - and probably deciding that och I might jump into the shop for a roll and the papers while I'm out as well. Construction is simply  too large and professional football too ridiculously frivolous to grant special exemptions for. 

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

Absolutely love it when some photo of fake lassies gets posted on here and people fall over themselves to say they wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

Some of us have standards, the botox, silicon and lip filler pout look doesn't do it for me.

Edited by welshbairn

16 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I know I keep going on about it, but do this lot of celebrities in Dubai think the 'just got out of a car crash with cuts and scrapes' look is attractive?

Here come the girls: The reality stunner later hit the town with her co-star Sophie Kasaei (top, right) for dinner

Celebrites, who the fuk are they and I hope they haven't put them to close to a 3 bar fire.

Absolutely love it when some photo of fake lassies gets posted on here and people fall over themselves to say they wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole.

I see plenty of burds who i would pump going by their photos on social media. But i know for a fact they don’t look anything like that in real life

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Manufacturing isn't, im working without heating and folk are breaking rules left right and centre. Talk of overtime and more and more orders. I think theyre desperate to ship everything out before any more restrictions come.
I dont understand I received a letter saying operations are stopped but I'm a key worker. Theres other similar hands on engineers that have been working from home for months.
Hope they do the right thing and shut down all business apart from the genuine essential ones.

Don’t judge everywhere by your own self proclaimed shitehole of a workplace. 

21 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I know I keep going on about it, but do this lot of celebrities in Dubai think the 'just got out of a car crash with cuts and scrapes' look is attractive?

Here come the girls: The reality stunner later hit the town with her co-star Sophie Kasaei (top, right) for dinner

Yes well, it's what an algorithm tells them is popular and I guess that's all they are chasing. The one front right was probably a stunner before her lip filler and they clearly have shit chat seeing as the back left is on her phone chatting to someone else and the middle on has her phone on the table.

26 minutes ago, 101 said:

Yes well, it's what an algorithm tells them is popular and I guess that's all they are chasing. The one front right was probably a stunner before her lip filler and they clearly have shit chat seeing as the back left is on her phone chatting to someone else and the middle on has her phone on the table.

I've long been convinced that women who try too hard to be fashionable do it to impress their female friends rather than from any evidence that it might make them more attractive to men. When I was a teenager the Grangemouth fashion was tight black skirts about knee level and huge clodhopping shoes, when they walked they looked like they had excruciating piles, stairs were nearly impossible. My sister had a French exchange student who arrived in a light summer frock and Doc Martins. :wub: 

Edited by welshbairn

On 30/12/2020 at 12:00, welshbairn said:

Apparently UK capacity for the AZ vaccine production is 150,000 per day, 5 days a week. 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1375917/coronavirus-oxford-vaccine-rollout-latest

On 30/12/2020 at 12:33, Left Back said:

I agree they should be working weekends but are there not multiple doses in a vial?  Sure I read 5 for the Pfizer one.

if so this would equate to 3,750,000 per week.

I doubt we’d be able to stick that many folk is so.  We could send the excess to Europe in exchange for some fish.

On 30/12/2020 at 12:36, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No it says in the article its single dose vials. 

An old discussion but a vial was shown on the news as being 10 x 0.5ml doses.

Thats potentially 1.5m per day or 7.5m per week.  Still doubt we’ll be able to jag that many folk and it would likely move the bottleneck to the MHRA testing but we should still be knocking this stuff out 24x7.  Can’t have too much vaccine in stock.

1 hour ago, alta-pete said:

Caught this too. Is it because their remit had originally been UK wide but SG decided they wanted to run our own geography?  Or the Army are indeed doing whole UK but the brigadier is just a little Englander? 

No idea but it was pretty disheartening to hear.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

I've long been convinced that women who try too hard to be fashionable do it to impress their female friends rather than from any evidence that it might make them more attractive to men. When I was a teenager the Grangemouth fashion was tight black skirts about knee level and huge clodhopping shoes, when they walked they looked like they had excruciating piles, stairs were nearly impossible. My sister had a French exchange student who arrived in a light summer frock and boots. :wub: 

This new breed have to try and satisfy an algorithm to pump them up the recommended instas. Tbh if it's what they want to do with their life fair play but it's not a career because as soon as your old or irrelevant you'll be chucked on the scrap heap.

Just now, 101 said:

This new breed have to try and satisfy an algorithm to pump them up the recommended instas. Tbh if it's what they want to do with their life fair play but it's not a career because as soon as your old or irrelevant you'll be chucked on the scrap heap.

It's 4chan I think you're after 🤨

A quick vaccine and touch-up of your tattoo sir?

Patients have turned down the chance to have the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine because they want to "wait for the English one", a doctor has said.

St George Flag Tattoo