Coronavirus (COVID-19)

3 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:
6 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:
Sky News Breaking   @SkyNewsBreak · 18m   Head of the UK's vaccine taskforce Clive Dix has told Sky News every adult in the UK could receive both doses of a coronavirus vaccine by August or September "or maybe sooner if we need to"

That seems like good news but I'm starting to get to the point where I'm thinking "what fucking difference does it make?"

Can’t lift lockdown just in case!

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

So the thought process alot of people in here is well that's what we expected so you can't be annoyed, utterly wild.

It's not remotely "wild". 

I knew what to expect today by virtue of possessing a telly and a radio.  I can just about accept that the tone might have disappointed some today, but the content was never going to be much different and neither should it have been.  

The errors in the handling of this thus far, have not owed much to an excess of caution. 

I knew what to expect today by virtue of possessing a telly and a radio.  I can just about accept that the tone might have disappointed some today, but the content was never going to be much different and neither should it have been.  
The errors in the handling of this thus far, have not owed much to an excess of caution. 
So aslong as they leak it to the media first you're happy with the government doing whatever they want, pretty wild imo.

36 minutes ago, 101 said:

Anyone any idea why Labour voted against this, seems like one of the good things to come out of this will be properly run care homes and they vote against it.

The phrase 2 cheeks is often used on PnB, seems like it's not restricted to fitba.

3 minutes ago, Empty It said:
6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So aslong as they leak it to the media first you're happy with the government doing whatever they want, pretty wild imo.

No, which is why I said the content shouldn't have been different.

Read more carefully.

Read more carefully.
"The content shouldn't have been different" is entirely your opinion so people should be allowed to voice their anger if their opinion differs from yours.

1 minute ago, Empty It said:
9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Read more carefully.

"The content shouldn't have been different" is entirely your opinion so people should be allowed to voice their anger if their opinion differs from yours.

Well obviously.

Who's saying they're not entitled to a voice?

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Testing had its place. I dont see the need for it when the elderly and vulnerable are vaccinated. Let's be honest, testing people cant go on forever. Are we going to allow people who have been vaccinated twice the option of going for a test, just incase they're worried their vaccine hasnt worked? If so that just screams throwing away money for the sake of it 

I agree but I'm only going on whats worked in China without being against civil rights etc.

Closing borders and mass testing, in a month back to normal or potential tiers and lockdowns until mass vaccination.

From what the SG have said today we won't be back to normal this year. I'm saying there is a way to get there quicker. Vaccines and mass testing.

What is 10% of GDP? Less than what I'm proposing.

7 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Just think of your happy place and cut out the noise ❤️

Nice, so any further recommendations she makes can be filed firmly under 'bin' by her own admission given that she has no power and she's 'just a scientist'. 

Fantastic example of washing your hands of any responsibility when someone confronts the fact that your words carry weight when whispered in the right ears. 

20 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Because we're a bust tinpot country incapable of dealing with a crisis.

I mean uk btw

To be fair I haven't seen any country strictly keep all it's citizens at home for 6 weeks (other than Spain and we all know how well that worked).

The UK is not an outlier in that regard.

Mass testing doesn't work either as the turnaround is too slow.

Edited by Todd_is_God