Coronavirus (COVID-19)

41 minutes ago, Empty It said:
42 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Well obviously.
Who's saying they're not entitled to a voice?

Every single person moaning about people complaining because "that's what we expected"

That's just daft isn't it?  

People can disagree with you, without requiring you to be muzzled.

thumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&size=400w

Clearly this is the principle on which Nicola Sturgeon bases major political decisions; the urge to piss off a large part of the P&B demographic. Certainly, some on here seem to be taking things personally. Or maybe she is simply a pragmatic and cautious politician who is striving for the best outcome for her people.  I am strongly in favour of Scottish independence and would see her as the most likely achiever of that aim. 

Sturgeon comes over as both competent and empathetic in her response to Covid, moreso than any other major UK political figure. So I am surprised and disappointed that SNP voters are flagging up intentions to abstain or vote otherwise in the May election. I live in England and obviously have no say in the Scottish parliamentary election, but I would dearly love to be able to vote for a candidate of Sturgeon's calibre. I doubt many on here envy my own options of Johnson, Starmer or Davey.

Edited by Thane of Cawdor
jpeg rather than image

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Well, it does  as evidenced in places like Korea.  

Slow turnaround only happens when it’s done badly.   Can easily be done inside 20 minutes. 

The UK Gov can't tell the UK public that LFT is rubbish then use it as the tool to end the problem.

They trialled it in Liverpool, remember, and rubbished the results.

Edited by Todd_is_God

13 minutes ago, Thane of Cawdor said:

thumbnail?appid=aolwebmail&size=400w

Clearly this is the principle on which Nicola Sturgeon bases major political decisions; the urge to piss off a large part of the P&B demographic. Certainly, some on here seem to be taking things personally. Or maybe she is simply a pragmatic and cautious politician who is striving for the best outcome for her people.  I am strongly in favour of Scottish independence and would see her as the most likely achiever of that aim. 

Sturgeon comes over as both competent and empathetic in her response to Covid, moreso than any other major UK political figure. So I am surprised and disappointed that SNP voters are flagging up intentions to abstain or vote otherwise in the May election. I live in England and obviously have no say in the Scottish parliamentary election, but I would dearly love to be able to vote for a candidate of Sturgeon's calibre. I doubt many on here envy my own options of Johnson, Starmer or Davey.

Don’t worry, this thread has become an echo chamber for a small bunch of greeting faced wankers.  Their views are not a reflection of the wider electorate.

It will be fun watching their reactions after the May election.

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Nice, so any further recommendations she makes can be filed firmly under 'bin' by her own admission given that she has no power and she's 'just a scientist'. 

Fantastic example of washing your hands of any responsibility when someone confronts the fact that your words carry weight when whispered in the right ears. 

Not sure it is fair to blame non health outcomes on public health officials, the same way wouldn't attribute adverse health outcomes to economic advisers. The politicians have to balance health and the economy, that they are probably ill equipped to make such decisions isn't the fault of public health experts. 

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Don’t worry, this thread has become an echo chamber for a small bunch of greeting faced wankers.  Their views are not a reflection of the wider electorate.

It will be fun watching their reactions after the May election.

I'm pretty sure there is not a single poster in this thread who expects anything other than a thumping SNP victory in May.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

Not sure it is fair to blame non health outcomes on public health officials, the same way wouldn't attribute adverse health outcomes to economic advisers. The politicians have to balance health and the economy, that they are probably ill equipped to make such decisions isn't the fault of public health experts. 

It's not fair to blame an advisor who's advice heavily influences policy?

DS can't be advising the SG in private, tweeting her advice, and appearing on tv interviews also re-iterating her advice, then putting her hands up and say "don't blame me, blame the policy" when someone disagrees with her rather utopian outloook.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure there is not a single poster in this thread who expects anything other than a thumping SNP victory in May.

And I’m pretty sure there will be some who will be pissed off when that happens.

25 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It's absolutely fair as the public health recommendations are at the direct expense of all other non health outcomes currently and be damned the consequences. 

The advisors are driving policy with their recommendations and so should absolutely be held partly accountable. 

Edited by djchapsticks

5 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I have actually booked exactly the same holiday for May 2022 just in case,mind you we are flying from Manchester so not sure of the in's and out's of it.

The loophole of flying in to English airports will be closed by then so you’ll be in managed quarantine is the likely ins and outs of it.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
6 hours ago, Empty It said:
It really is going to get to a point when people will just say f**k it.

I'm there. Said they had until the end of the month but f**k this. Will be going to see some mates this week since I'm off work. Will try to organise a few beers with them whilst I am at it. If this is the way they are treating us then they can expect the same contempt back from myself.

It's entirely understandable to be concerned about the tone of the announcement today and failure to acknowledge that, even if done cautiously, increasing vaccinations should lead to decreasing restrictions over the coming months. While awaiting the route map appearing next week to get some proper detail on what the plan now is, it's entirely valid to be pissed off at any suggestion that we might end up with further lockdowns even when the vast majority of the population have been vaccinated.

However, if your response to that concern is to say that you're just going to sack off the restrictions immediately because you think there’s no need for them and start having house parties, that's not remotely a reasonable reaction arising from annoyance about a lack of clarity or optimism for the months ahead as vaccination progresses. That's effectively saying you think restrictions should all be going in the bin right now, and that would obviously be an insanely stupid position.