Coronavirus (COVID-19)

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

You could meet up with more than 6 folk last summer could you not?

In England it was any 6 people from any household. In Scotland it was (at it's Liberal peak) 8 folk from 3 Houses, then 6 from 2. 

Just now, renton said:

In England it was any 6 people from any household. In Scotland it was (at it's Liberal peak) 8 folk from 3 Houses, then 6 from 2. 

Aye so if the SG road map is no more liberal the Englandshire this summer will be more restrictive than last.

I genuinely thought the Euros would give both Governments the kick up the arse to give the hospitality sector the shot in the arm it needs.

Actually the rule of 6 down here was brought in during September as a first attempt to steady the ship when cases started rising again. From early July to mid September the rule of 6 was guidance, but the legal limit on indoor gatherings was 30.

9 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

More leakages from the Tory rags

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuYcTASXAAEJ6R1?format=jpg&name=medium

Interesting concept of opening large hotels at Easter but keeping their restaurants/bars closed.

Do you have to bring a jeely piece and  a scotch egg to keep you going?

Edited by Burnieman

47 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
58 minutes ago, TheJTS98 said:

The fact the article merely focuses on pubs, restaurants and holidays says it all. People just want to see family, be allowed out their local area and have non essential retail and the livelihoods it supports back open but all the focus on is pubs and holidays. A total puff piece aimed at it's core readership, the majority of which are only worried about what they are going to spend the thousands this lockdown has saved them on !

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png

Speak for yourself and the other old biddies. The rest of the population want the above things and  the ability to have a cold, crisp pint and a holiday. It's called 'normality'.

The gaslighting that the media and government have gone to in portraying this as an either/or choice when all vulnerable groups will be vaccinated is completely ridiculous, but with gormless fools like yourself around it's not hard to see why it has worked.

Just now, Spider Rico said:

Captain Tom’s daughter making it to number 3 news item on the bbc news website today.

That the story of "he would have been upset" I hope the journalists asked "aye but he's dead so he's not" move on.

Anyone any idea why Labour voted against this, seems like one of the good things to come out of this will be properly run care homes and they vote against it.

Neil Findlay and Monica Lennon said they proposed an amendment including a £15 hourly rate for social care workers that SNP and Tories voted down.

Not in the pub I'm sure. 

Maybe dobbing in the pub I was at but the last (legal) gaff I was at there were 8 of us in the pub before.

Guest Bob Mahelp
1 hour ago, TheJTS98 said:

Couple of quick questions. If the First Minister frames this as 'one last push', what do you suggest she says if another push is needed later? Also, in that scenario, why would anybody listen to her?

Incredible. A Tory government leaks a bit of feel-good through a tory-friendly paper, and people lap it up. I'm not sure at what point of Tory lies and backtracking people will stop being prepared to believe them.

There is absolutely nothing whatsoever to suggest that this timetable should be taken seriously. And what's worse, many people will be extremely upset come July if things don't match it. 'But they TOLD US!'

I think there are a couple of obvious answers to these questions. Sturgeon being hyper-conservative will never commit to broad, sweeping statements that she may have to backdown from in a few months. We all know that, so it isn't going to happen.

Johnson on the other hand, doesn't give a shit. He's changed tack so many times over the last year people can't remember all the statements he's come out with. What he says today, will be retracted and changed tomorrow, and he doesn't care. 

He's a populist, and by nature he wants to be seen to make popular decisions. The fact that he'll backtrack later doesn't seem to be important....people want to believe him. 

10 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

I'm not convinced this advert will have the impact the SG think it will. If they really want to push the "AnYoNe cAn GeT iT" message, perhaps an otherwise healthy looking young person might be more effective. I have a sneaky suspision there may not be many examples of that, though. I wonder why.

Secondly "person becomes a bit unwell" is hardly good reason for extended restrictions. This particular example placed zero strain on the health service we must so desperately protect.

This surely is going to have the opposite effect to what they are hoping?

Literally the best example they can find of young people getting it is a walrus... who didn’t even get particularly ill with it! 

For all the Tories are being (correctly) panned for using their pals in the media to leak plans, see how they're received and then alter them accordingly, the Scottish Government are just as bad in relation to getting things out through the BBC and gauging public reaction. We see it all the time with Leitch. Swinney has this morning suggested that blended learning might have to happen when secondary schools go back. What's the odds on an outcry from heid the baws like McConnel and this being walked back?

I might be mistaken with my dates but most vulnerable people had their first dose around end of january? So three months after that they get their second dose which is end of april which is when the furlough ends. Does that not work out date wise whereby we can see some restrictions lifted?

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I might be mistaken with my dates but most vulnerable people had their first dose around end of january? So three months after that they get their second dose which is end of april which is when the furlough ends. Does that not work out date wise whereby we can see some restrictions lifted?

I think the issue with that is you won't see a lifting of all restrictions at the end of April so a group of people will essentially be abandoned (eg people working in spectator sports or at nightclubs/gig venues).

DB46B0A0-EBBD-4647-848D-4FBB216816F0.png.f06261953792899bb6bce53b6ac3a64c.png
Speak for yourself and the other old biddies. The rest of the population want the above things and  the ability to have a cold, crisp pint and a holiday. It's called 'normality'.
The gaslighting that the media and government have gone to in portraying this as an either/or choice when all vulnerable groups will be vaccinated is completely ridiculous, but with gormless fools like yourself around it's not hard to see why it has worked.

Im not really arsed about a holiday as such. It would be good to get a holiday within the UK but can forego a holiday abroad for this year. All i want is to be able to go the pub on a Saturday afternoon with my mates and stick a shite coupon on and watch it lose. Not have to worry about numbers. Id rather not have to wear a fucking mask but can accept this may need to happen for a while longer than i wish