Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Guest TheJTS98
17 minutes ago, yoda said:

Grandstanding over not wearing a mask once they're no longer mandatory is oddball, wee guy, behaviour.

Wear a mask. Don't wear a mask. Nobody cares. You're hardly Claudette Colvin for going into a shop without one.

This is quite evidently an enormously untrue statement.

Guest TheJTS98
7 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

That's a later relaxation, mid August announced.

WTF was Javid thinking about announcing modelling of 100k cases a day by end of this month, WTF ! It prompted the obvious question what's your modelling for hospital and deaths on those enormous numbers to which he idioticly replied they hadn't modelled for those yet. It's as clear as night following day that the first question that would prompt would be hospital admissions and deaths.

Absolutely no surprise though. This is a government with an almost religious dedication to 'growth'. The number of deaths and hospitalisations are neither here nor there to them, evidenced by them not even having bothered to fucking check.

2 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Main issue is lack of staffing due to so many having to isolate due to ridiculous regulations. Certainly in our health board missing so many staff due to kids isolating and knock on effect of this.

Plus all the secondary issues and backlogs you've highlighted before. This  was from a week ago.

Just now, Tynierose said:

Main issue is lack of staffing due to so many having to isolate due to ridiculous regulations. Certainly in our health board missing so many staff due to kids isolating and knock on effect of this.

In my work ( yes my work isn't everyone ) has had to bring in a lot of temps / agency. Been like this for a while. 

Hopefully now like you said , when kids don't need to self isolate things will become even better as more staff will be available. 

On 29/06/2021 at 12:14, Pie Of The Month said:

Looking forward to Sturgeon announcing they are bringing forward level 0 by a few days for Jade Anderson's wedding.

I actually know this girl, and this wouldn’t rank in the top 100 of the most stupid things she’s ever asked on twitter. 

Despite resistance to infection in Israel dropping by a third to Delta Varient it is still 95pct effective against hospitalisation and serious illness.
Think we will definitely be getting a 3rd dose.
But at 100k a day 5% serious enough for hospital is totally unsustainable surely. No way can cases get to anywhere near 100k without restrictions coming back into play. 5000 people a day getting Ill enough to need hospital is going to swamp the NHS it's 35000 admissions a week ffs.

They might have a model showing such numbers but making that public isn't going to help anything even if it is a worst case scenario.

11 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Not in line with England, I think.

Legal restrictions still in place.

Mask wearing still compulsory.

Not even sure what happens on August 9th.

Yeah but it's not as if the SG is doing/saying nothing as you said in your original post, they've responded by going to Level O within 24 hours and also like I said have gone1% beyond down south!

Feel free to change your argument with every post.

15 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Despite resistance to infection in Israel dropping by a third to Delta Varient it is still 95pct effective against hospitalisation and serious illness.

Think we will definitely be getting a 3rd dose.

Unless they're tweaking the boosters to try and fight variants (which seems to be the arguments for administering them) I'm not really seeing what the point is unless its evident that there is a  marked drop in immunity over time. 

Edited by Michael W

8 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

But at 100k a day 5% serious enough for hospital is totally unsustainable surely. No way can cases get to anywhere near 100k without restrictions coming back into play. 5000 people a day getting Ill enough to need hospital is going to swamp the NHS it's 35000 admissions a week ffs.

They might have a model showing such numbers but making that public isn't going to help anything even if it is a worst case scenario.

I think it’s now something like 1.5% that require hospital treatment, and that figure will be coming down all the time as more people are double jabbed.

People are also spending much less time in hospital, so the NHS should be able to cope.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Some of the responses to the announcement about easing that I've seen on social media are completely crazed.  This isn't just the attention seeking types that usually get posted in this thread - it's people I know, who seem to essentially think that Boris Johnson wants everyone to die.  Quite a bit of it is the misery-guts misanthropic leftist phenomenon that is pretty common on social media and a lot of it is also independence supporters who hate the Tories - I can only assume that Scotland following the lead on reopening a couple of weeks after England won't be seen as evidence of genocide.

Seeing as we are basically doing exactly the same as England in this country but a few weeks behind, I look forward to reading from the blue heart people on my Twitter who had a breakdown about Boris Johnson yesterday post about how Nicola Sturgeon wants to kill them.

13 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

The last I'd read was that the conversion from cases to hospital admissions was way down - to maybe 2-3%. But even if it was just 1% you'd be getting 1000 admissions a day at that rate. For comparison, there's only just under 2,000 in hospital in the whole of the UK just now. Personally I don't think they'll get as high as that and theoretically the hospitalisation rate should continue to drop as more people are double dosed.

I do wonder what the impact is going to be on travel restrictions etc though. If we're knocking on the door of 100k cases a day what chance is there of the US throwing open their doors to us any time soon, even with the huge success of the vaccines?

Edited by Jamie_Beatson

26 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Yep, I know for a fact there's staff at Raigmore having to isolate and they don't have covid.

15 minutes ago, btb said:

Yeah but it's not as if the SG is doing/saying nothing as you said in your original post, they've responded by going to Level O within 24 hours and also like I said have gone1% beyond down south!

Feel free to change your argument with every post.

Level 0 In Scotland  on 19th July is far more restrictive than what happens in England on the same date.

Just one example - night time entertainment.

36 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

The Highlands' largest hospital has been placed on "code black status" after reaching capacity amid increasing Covid cases https://t.co/Webff4z3vr

The article doesn't state whether this is the hospital's actual capacity, or just the nominated "covid capacity"

3 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Level 0 In Scotland  on 19th July is far more restrictive than what happens in England on the same date.

Just one example - night time entertainment.

Yeah but to repeat myself that's a different argument.

2,363 new cases of COVID-19 reported

25,123 new tests for COVID-19 that reported results

10.2% of these were positive

6 new reported death(s) of people who have tested positive 

32 people were in intensive care yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 30)

346 people were in hospital yesterday with recently confirmed COVID-19 (up from 338)

3,879,458 people have received the first dose of the Covid vaccination and 2,791,071 have received their second dose

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I caught the tail end of some music promoter on morning TV saying his gigs wont need people to wear masks, but they will require vaccine status or LFT. Really wish someone had pulled him up and said those 2 things are just as much theatre as a mask is. 

Once the laws are changed anyone asking me to wear a mask, take a test or prove vaccine status won't be getting my business.  There will be plenty other places to spend my money that won't have restrictions of any kind.