Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Yesterday you were saying "it's no bother for the rest of us to keep wearing masks" but today it's "nutty"?

I was meaning essential services like public transport, not pubs and clubs.

Just now, Les Cabbage said:

This is the most confusing update ever.

Is the curfew away?

Are gigs allowed? Do they need to be all seated? 

What actually is the craic with clubs, she said they can open but will they allow dancefloors? Is seating required?

Is pub bar service allowed?

Yeah you could argue a lot of the questions I have above make it very clear that I’m probably below the average age of people on here and that they’re not the most important things but given how big a bloody deal they made about these mitigation’s being put in place it would be nice to find out what they actually fucking mean.

You're being over simplistic here.  I wouldn't dream of setting foot in a nightclub but family members would.  I also have family/friends working in the hospitality industry.  The above restrictions might not affect what I can or can't do but they affect others which is why I want them gone.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

March is the end of the act, difficult to see it getting voted through beyond that.

It will get voted through for as long as Sturgeon wants it, there is clearly enough support within Holyrood.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Any chat about removing the need to self isolate for vaccinated people?

Pretty sure you don't have to. Certainly not for 10 days.

1 minute ago, Frank Grimes said:

The football crowds is all I cared about and I am fucking raging councils have to approve anything over 5,000

I won’t be voting SNP for the foreseeable 

Dearie me.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Any chat about removing the need to self isolate for vaccinated people?

If you're identified as a close contact and fully-vaccinated, you'll need to return a negative PCR test. You'll need to self-isolate until you get the result.

The only positive I can take from that is the acknowledgement vaccine passports have various problematic aspects to it.

I didn't vote SNP on either constituency or list in May & I won't whenever the next council elections are. Fwiw my reason's aren't strictly covid related.

Will clubs have to apply for exemptions to crowds on a weekly basis? 

if the rationale is that it's designed to give civil authorities foresight on the mitigations put in place, surely a quarterly review or something would be enough?

Also, social distancing is gone but you still need a mask in pubs if your standing up? 

Just now, Elixir said:

It makes people feel safe!

You can shag any consenting adult in the country but if you're standing having a pish in the pub you need to wear a mask. 

I think it's time we remove these powers from government, beyond parody now. 

Just now, GNU_Linux said:

The only positive I can take from that is the acknowledgement vaccine passports have various problematic aspects to it.

I didn't vote SNP on either constituency or list in May & I won't whenever the next council elections are. Fwiw my reason's aren't strictly covid related.

Voting by Holyrood party policies in Council elections is daft anyway.