Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Full house tomorrow. No one testing. I honestly cannot believe it’s a thing that people are expecting family and close friends to test. 

It’s not a judgement on anyone, but fucking hell, let’s just get over this fear in a massively vaccinated population.

Edited by Abdul_Latif

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, there was a guy offering private Covid tests down one of the roads off Leith Walk so I gave it a try. It was really invasive and I honestly don’t know why it was so important for him to do the throat swab with his penis. He obviously wanted to do a good job as he insisted on filming it, I assume to watch back for performance review. I’ve been waiting a whole day for his text as well. Still, better safe than sorry for Christmas eh.

All I can say is that the test is inconclusive . Is it possible for you to come back on Boxing Day again ?

It’s our turn to do Christmas dinner tomorrow, and Hogmanay. The only conversation I’ve had with family members is ‘what time do you want us over’, and ‘do the kids want chicken nuggets again!?’. No-one in my immediate family circle would even think about mentioning test kits or facemasks. Not for one second. Of course, it will be a topic of conversation, but out of the kids earshot, the conversation will be along the lines of ‘what about these muppets in Holyrood / Westminster / Cardiff.’

It’s our turn to do Christmas dinner tomorrow, and Hogmanay. The only conversation I’ve had with family members is ‘what time do you want us over’, and ‘do the kids want chicken nuggets again!?’. No-one in my immediate family circle would even think about mentioning test kits or facemasks. Not for one second. Of course, it will be a topic of conversation, but out of the kids earshot, the conversation will be along the lines of ‘what about these muppets in Holyrood / Westminster / Cardiff.’

My mum needs to do weekly tests because of her work anyway, I was having to do LFT’s before going to the office so we both know we’ve tested negative this week and just aren’t going to go for it again. Why should we?

51 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I see theres vaccine centres open tomorrow.

Serious social media virtue points available for getting your booster on Xmas day tbf.

Went for a half dose of Moderna today - only day available when I booked it online a few weeks ago - was advised to take onboard plenty of fluids afterwards. Advice taken. Four pints of T in the local club and now an I&G before bed. (She did say water right enough).

16403857669227991737299727817133.jpg

12 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Some of the replies on there are a perfect summary of what I was saying yesterday about a steadfast refusal to accept any POV other than their own or even engage in where agitation or angst may be coming from as it's far easier to just dismiss as a Tory.

6 minutes ago, Scosha said:

My Mrs family are asking everyone to sit with masks on throughout the day but it’s ok to have them off when they’re all round the dinner table :lol: :lol: 

I'm pretty sure my mother would ask the same!

47 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

It's definitely people who take a minute to do a lateral flow test before visiting family members who are weirdos, not those posting hundreds of times a week about Covid on a football forum.

How many times did you take a daily antigen test for the flu, never mind a glorified cold, before visiting family members prior to January 1st 2020? Be specific. 

It's time to place your behaviour in a rational, long-term perspective again. If you can't do that then yes, you really are a weirdo tbh.

IMG_20211224_233305.jpg.f4552b3e4535feb93da107814c8cd874.jpg

Edited by vikingTON