Coronavirus (COVID-19)

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

In which case your post isn't really relevant.

It is, she gets calls from clients too. 

Call centre workers can work from home easily. They should all be closed just now. 

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

D.

Deep Purple. ‘Highway Star’, ‘Made in Japan’ live version. Roll on ZZ Top.

Saw Deep Purple in Dundee back in the 70’s.  Not one of my favourite bands of the time but a good live act.

The appropriate expression is "above and beyond the call of duty".  You were doing your duty (or job if you prefer) and yes it was important and valuable work and yes you might have been putting your life at risk at time.  Same could said about firemen, policemen, pilots and any number of other professions.
How the NHS staff are performing an essential service right now.  They could stay at home to avoid the risk of infection but they are not.  In a lot of cases they are not paid a lot but they still do it.
That is what they are being applauded for.
Can I get one for ordering n filling stock while you dont understand to keep your distance while reaching for the big roll ?
Can I just say that anyone who feels their life was at risk, or even that they were at risk of even the most minor injury at their work, and carried on and did the job anyway is a fucking rocket, and is part of a huge problem in the UK that allows employers to get away with all sorts of unscrupulous things.

This is not limited to oil and gas of course, but that sort of behaviour is rife. We all have tales to tell about so called "black ops" and we should all be embarrassed.

Shamefully took me far too long to get to this mindset, but there we are.
My life is at risk while customers keep coming in still panic buying. Thankfully numbers have reduced for customers coming into the store but say out of a thousand people I see on a normal day , I guess it just takes for one of them to spread it...
Do I feel safe ? Absolutely not.
Am I doing alright ? Aye teckle. So will carry on making sure the public get what they need ( lawn mowers and play stations are OOS this weekend )

1 minute ago, G_Man1985 said:
52 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
We've all got to pull together in these troubling times (fnar fnar). I'll step in for our fallen comrade.

46779138194_1d921bb71f_b.jpg&key=f839893d6b377fbe5d28d0421e357148edb21d3217d7d0a92f9dbd9224a79d04

I do love massive breasts

I think Babs would have disappointed.

10 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Genuinely having the opposite experience here.

I'm getting 15 minutes of exercise three times a day. I'm drinking nothing but water, black coffee, black tea, and I'm eating well because I use my supermarket trips to just buy healthy food. Once back home there's no opportunity to get junk in.

Ten days into lockdown I'm pretty sure I'm fitter than I started and am feeling the benefits of eating, drinking, and sleeping well.

I'd advise everybody to leave the bevvy and chocolate/crisps aisles at the supermarket alone. You'll feel a lot better for staying away from that shite through this. Worth keeping in mind that any weight you put on now will still be there when this is finished.

There is much we cannot control just now, but diet is something we can.

I'm pretty much the same. Not drank since lockdown. Thought I'd miss a pint or whatever, but genuinely don't.

4 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:
55 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
We've all got to pull together in these troubling times (fnar fnar). I'll step in for our fallen comrade.

46779138194_1d921bb71f_b.jpg&key=f839893d6b377fbe5d28d0421e357148edb21d3217d7d0a92f9dbd9224a79d04

I do love massive breasts

That's why you've found P&B

I got this from my Belarusian  cousin bigalski.   Basically it says take welshbairns advice with a pinch of salt when looking to back Minsk today.

прывітанне, таварышы па азартных гульнях. У Мінску абсалютны сабачы бруд, таму, калі ласка, не рабіце тое, што вабнае дзіця называе сваім дрымотам

Update

hello fellow gamblers. Minsk are absolute dog dirt so please do not do what welsh child is calling his nap

Edited by superbigal

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

How the NHS staff are performing an essential service right now.  They could stay at home to avoid the risk of infection but they are not.  In a lot of cases they are not paid a lot but they still do it.

That is what they are being applauded for.

Well no: if an NHS worker chose to stay at home while perfectly well to avoid the risk of infection then they’d be getting no pay at all and quite probably the sack. And there’s every chance that their colleagues would be calling them all the c***s in the world for leaving them short staffed as well.

They are of course doing a crucial job but let’s not pretend that they’re voluntarily charging to the hospital out of the sheer goodness of their hearts. It’s a profession that gives them the skills and training to handle this type of scenario.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

On a more positive note, poverty exploiting scumbags BrightHouse have gone tits up. 

Rent-to-own firm Brighthouse calls administrators https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52066303

Unfortunate for the staff but company really is the pits.

Wasn't it revealed the Queen had financial interests with these c***s? I'm sure she'll survive the financial loss.

Edit: Paradise papers claim it was only 10 million quid. Somebody let her know about FC Minsk.....

Edited by speckled tangerine
Info

I got this from my Belarusian  cousin bigalski.   Basically it says take welshbairns advice with a pinch of salt when looking to back Minsk today.

прывітанне, таварышы па азартных гульнях. У Мінску абсалютны сабачы бруд, таму, калі ласка, не рабіце тое, што вабнае дзіця называе сваім дрымотам

Update
hello fellow gamblers. Minsk are absolute dog dirt so please do not do what welsh child is calling his nap

не пагаворыце

My friend sent me this ^

4 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Update

:lol:

I found this quite convincing, from an English teacher in Wuhan who claimed he caught it in November.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8075633/First-British-victim-25-describes-coronavirus.html

That's the p***k that has been peddling that for months to anyone who would listen. How he beat it with whisky and honey. If I recall, it's already been stated by the hospital he was in and several other sources that he didn't have coronavirus.

Think it is pretty well accepted that it did not appear until early/mid December except for in Forfar, where it mutated from a Bridie back in July.

4 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Well I had a bit of a minter on here last night....

@Futureboy @MONKMAN @Bairnardo @Fullerene you guys are completely correct, comparing offshore workers to NHS staff was a terrible comparison and I have no idea where I was going with the Piper thing.

@The OP @woolf @pandarilla I am sorry for any offence caused it was never my intention.

I do not think I am generally a roaster, I am putting last night down to tiredness and stress.

I hope you and yours all stay safe.

You're doing this wrong. You're supposed to double down on it and then end up as an entry onto the heads gone thread, not be all conciliatory like. 🤬

I wouldn't really call myself an expat, I'm just an immigrant.

I've not really had much contact with our embassies, mainly because I assume they'll be useless so I don't bother.
I did get some very pleasant service from a local woman working at the UK embassy in Dushanbe last summer though, so perhaps I shouldn't be so quick to tar them all.

In general embassies are staffed by surly jobsworths who look down on the (non-minted) public at every opportunity. One notable exception was the Mongol consulate in Irkutsk which was basically someone's house. They sat me on the sofa and made me some tea. The Mongols, great bunch of lads.

I would agree with the term immigrant, but for a collective audience 'expat' is a simpler term.

Definitely there would be exceptions to every rule and maybe smaller embassies and consulates you might get lucky with an individual. By experience of circa 10+ embassies from Russia to Philippines for a variety of reasons, they have all been shit.

When I lived in Budapest many years ago, you could swan up to the embassy to renew your passport. Have a chat with a real person and even grab a pint in the club later. Passport went in the diplomatic bag and a new one back within the week.

Now it takes over a month. As said though, bring able to have two passports is in the plus column.

Yes, for sure. When I arrive in a country I do the registration and never contact them again. I'm 100% with your assumption.