Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Leitch makes a c**t of himself literally everytime he opens his mouth. He'll be desperate for the pandemic to only be halfway through as it'll let him keep his slot on Off The Ball as well as making shite adverts telling folk how to live their lives.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I got a load of FFP2 masks in Portugal, 1.45 euros for ten. Here they cost £9.99 for 5 at Boots. I keep one with me if I think I might I end up on a really busy train or something

Not sure if I got all the dots for that for pointing out that good masks in this country are sold at ripoff prices, or that I have the effrontery of still being wary of catching Covid. I have several reasons for being extra cautious but also think it's time for the SG to drop mandatory mask wearing for the vast majority of people who don't need to be, and all remaining restrictions.

13 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure if I got all the dots for that for pointing out that good masks in this country are sold at ripoff prices, or that I have the effrontery of still being wary of catching Covid. I have several reasons for being extra cautious but also think it's time for the SG to drop mandatory mask wearing for the vast majority of people who don't need to be, and all remaining restrictions.

Sounds reasonable to me. Your reasons for being extra cautious are your own business. To have a pack of snarling pit bulls red-dotting you without knowing your circumstances is a bit pathetic really. 

3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Was planing on putting up today's article with Leitch claiming the pandemic isn't over once Omicron ends, this would include a photo of said drivelmeister.

Decided not to on the deep concern of the likelihood that your phones and laptop screens being broken either by being punched or thrown at the cat, or both.

^^^ Kurt Zouma found.

7 minutes ago, Snafu said:

Was planing on putting up today's article with Leitch claiming the pandemic isn't over once Omicron ends, this would include a photo of said drivelmeister.

Decided not to on the deep concern of the likelihood that your phones and laptop screens being broken either by being punched or thrown at the cat, or both.

Leitch is too thick to realise the context of the WHO statement he happily parroted to get himself in the news again.

WHO will be looking at the vaccination status of the planet to make that statement.  They weren’t talking about fully vaxxed little old Scotland.

He’s a fucking moron.

Don't get me wrong, I'd be as delighted as the next man to see all restrictions binned into the sea, but surely everyone realises this is a last Hail Mary by the PM to save his job?

Unfortunately, It'll probably work as well.

1 minute ago, Gaz said:

Don't get me wrong, I'd be as delighted as the next man to see all restrictions binned into the sea, but surely everyone realises this is a last Hail Mary by the PM to save his job?

Unfortunately, It'll probably work as well.

You are 100% correct in all of that but then it also just goes to show how shan the need for restrictions was in the first place if their dropping can be accelerated on the whim of one man.

Got a letter from my son's school to say exams are going ahead as normal this year. 

The worry for me a parent is that his very first ever exams will be his Highers. Quite an introduction. Necessary though, we cannot use teacher judgement forever. 

1 minute ago, scottsdad said:

Got a letter from my son's school to say exams are going ahead as normal this year. 

The worry for me a parent is that his very first ever exams will be his Highers. Quite an introduction. Necessary though, we cannot use teacher judgement forever. 

I have Advanced Highers this year who have never sat an exam.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

How many lies from Clownshoes in this article? Only half way through the pandemic, apparently. Imagine taking this loser seriously. The epidemic is definitively over in the UK and will be throughout Europe in the next couple of months. The mortality data are proving this with each passing week of 2022. A truly pitiful man.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-60315087

But he said Scotland would "get to a position when some of the remaining restrictions will be able to be eased".

He said: "This pandemic won't end in February. We are getting close to the end of Omicron - we're not close to 'after the pandemic'.

"The World Health Organisation think we are halfway through."

He needs removed from his role. 

9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Complaining about red dots is a mandatory red-dot offence I'm afraid.

God I wish I could let it slide but sadly it's the law. 🤣

Fair enough. The guy can speak for himself if he wants. I just thought it was a kind of knee-jerk reaction to what looked like an innocent enough post. 

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I got a load of FFP2 masks in Portugal, 1.45 euros for ten. Here they cost £9.99 for 5 at Boots. I keep one with me if I think I might I end up on a really busy train or something

Could not find much research in Portugal but I did manage to track down pricing in Spain.

The ministry of health website in Spain suggests that the govt paid as much as 8.01 Euros per FFP2 mask in April for 3300 masks from a Spanish Supplier.

Some of the biggest contracts for 10s of millions averaged around 2-3 Euros per mask in April-June 2020. They were mainly from China.

The lowest recorded price on record in 2020 was negotiated at 0.25 Euros per mask for a huge framework agreement signed in December 2020 and supplied by this Spanish company who still profile them

http://www.prolimax.es/Vestuario Desechable.html.

0.145 Euros to Juan Bloggs seems a tad unlikely during a pandemic but fair play if they are genuine.

Edited by superbigal

17 minutes ago, superbigal said:

Could not find much research in Portugal but I did mind to track down pricing in Spain.

The ministry of health website in Spain suggests that the govt paid as much as 8.01 Euros per FFP2 mask in April for 3300 masks from a Spanish Supplier.

Some of the biggest contracts for 10s of millions averaged around 2-3 Euros per mask in April-June 2020. They were mainly from China.

The lowest recorded price on record in 2020 was negotiated at 0.25 Euros per mask for a huge framework agreement signed in December 2020 and supplied by this Spanish company who still profile them

http://www.prolimax.es/Vestuario Desechable.html.

0.145 Euros to Juan Bloggs seems a tad unlikely during a pandemic but fair play if they are genuine.

Bought mine in November 2021, no idea if they were on special offer or something. Anyway, they fit a lot better than the normal blue ones and I like the way they give you some space in front of the mouth. Made by Nanjing Bluer. Just googled them and this came up, bit more expensive but a lot cheaper than Boots. 10 for 3.39 euros.

https://www.fisaude.pt/mascarillas-ffp2-com-certificado-europeu-ce-com-eficacia-ffp3-certificada-pela-sgs-embolsadas-individualmente-caixa-10-unidades-p-50634.html

Edited by welshbairn

4 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

Financial statements for the Captain Tom Foundation revealed that £54,039 had been paid to two companies run by Captain Tom’s daughter, Hannah Ingram-Moore, and her husband, Colin.

Despite taking in more than £1million in donations during their first year, the statements also unveiled that £162,336 was spent on management costs – more than was actually donated to the charities.

https://www.indy100.com/viral/captain-tom-daughter-memes