Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:

A few junior sides have "gone into abeyance" over the years. Obviously far, far smaller operations though. Forfar West End, one of my local sides did so a few years back after running into severe financial difficulties, and were in abeyance for a season or so. At that level of course they lost all their players and management team. The massive difference I suppose will be that senior sides such as Queens etc will have a few employed members of staff, whereas West End and most Junior clubs are run by committee. I'd expect a senior side doing something similar would need a massive cash grant to start up again. Even in "Hibernation" any club in the senior would likely need a skeleton staff to to the admin such as deal with utility bills, groundsman to keep the pitch in some semblance of order and general maintenance of the ground and buildings. 

We are running with no staff for now. I think you might be surprised how much work at smaller senior clubs is also done by volunteers.

I deal with the admin and pay the bills. I'm not an employee. Our pitch is artificial and not in use. It will cope without anyone touching it. There shouldnt really need to be any maintenance when the place is locked up. 

The bigger sides will have some sort of skeleton staff working though.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

We are running with no staff for now. I think you might be surprised how much work at smaller senior clubs is also done by volunteers.
I deal with the admin and pay the bills. I'm not an employee. Our pitch is artificial and not in use. It will cope without anyone touching it. There shouldnt really need to be any maintenance when the place is locked up. 
The bigger sides will have some sort of skeleton staff working though.

So your club didn’t need any money but you still voted yes ?

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

She’s definitely not the sharpest tool in the box.

You don't build up a successful business without some acumen but like many of her ilk who've who've moved into football she seems not to realize that the "bull in a china shop" approach can be counterproductive.

Edited by btb

28 minutes ago, btb said:

You don't build up a successful business without some acumen but like many of her ilk who've who've moved into football she seems not to realize that the "bull in a china shop" approach can be counterproductive.

Lots of successful business people cannot transition their business acumen into owning or running a football club.

The list of such folk is as long as a charge sheet for a typical Sevco supporter.

57 minutes ago, Speroni*1 said:

Speaking in the Courier, he said:

“When I fell out with Brown, he certainly wasn’t concerned about the welfare of Rab Douglas."

*makes w****r gesture*