Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

2 hours ago, GiGi said:

80% is something is better than 100% of.. yada yada. If lower pay is the alternative to unemployment I'm sure it would still be appreciated if it was possible under the scheme rules.

Yes but the point is other clubs may be able and willing to pay without furlough and thereby raid other teams.

17 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

It's actually the Notre Dame Cathedral in France. Her brother has got the contract to rebuild it.

😳so he's the BudgeQuack of Notre Dame??? 🙄

It rings a bell; I’ve a hunch you could be right.

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

3 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Yes but the point is other clubs may be able and willing to pay without furlough and thereby raid other teams.

If there isnt a clear end in sight then its a brave club who takes on a 100% wage on a new player or players with no income coming in. I doubt many will do that.

It would, but football rules do not allow for continual month renewals so they would need changed for that to be workable.

Everything has changed. Let’s not be confined by what used to be.
I suppose it is times like this that you find out which rules just aren’t fit for the times you find yourself in.

To be fair to Nelms I think his actions have definitely increased the likelihood of league reconstruction significantly. Whether you think that is a good thing or not is another matter.

Also being fair to Budge it’s probably easier to push through reconstruction if you say it’s temporary and is being done to mitigate the effects of a global pandemic. It will be easier to keep whatever changes are made in place permanently once they are up and running. Especially now we know you only need 75% support if you’re not changing the divvy up of the dosh. I’d agree that almost everything she says makes you think f**k her and f**k Hearts however.

I agree with English that Doncaster phoning clubs to say ‘you’re no vote won’t count anymore because we already have enough yes votes’ is disgraceful. How do we know he was telling them the truth?

Finally, and it won’t happen now, if things were to stay as they are re the league set up we should be tossing coins for the play off spots.

2 minutes ago, Fifespud said:

To be fair to Nelms I think his actions have definitely increased the likelihood of league reconstruction significantly. Whether you think that is a good thing or not is another matter.

In theory, it's a good thing from our point of view, as it likely prevent Hearts from dropping into the Championship and United will be promoted, leaving us unlikely to face any opposition next year with a similar budget. Obviously, and as Dundee fans this barely needs saying, but:

• We will likely still be saddled with McPake
  • Even if we're not, Nelms will probably be hiring the next manager
  • We have a massive history of absolutely shiting almost any given potentially beneficial situation. It would be the most Dundee thing ever if our best chance of promotion for the next few years ended up with McPake leading the best squad in the Division to fucking 5th place or something. 

In any case, surely Budge isn't going to get this through? She's a clueless fucking idiot who after less than a couple of days "leading" this working group has already managed to piss off half the premier clubs. Hearts being relegated would be as funny as f**k. 

In theory, it's a good thing from our point of view, as it likely prevent Hearts from dropping into the Championship and United will be promoted, leaving us unlikely to face any opposition next year with a similar budget. Obviously, and as Dundee fans this barely needs saying, but:
  • We will likely still be saddled with McPake
  • Even if we're not, Nelms will probably be hiring the next manager
  • We have a massive history of absolutely shiting almost any given potentially beneficial situation. It would be the most Dundee thing ever if our best chance of promotion for the next few years ended up with McPake leading the best squad in the Division to fucking 5th place or something. 
In any case, surely Budge isn't going to get this through? She's a clueless fucking idiot who after less than a couple of days "leading" this working group has already managed to piss off half the premier clubs. Hearts being relegated would be as funny as f**k. 

I think it might get through despite her other than that I agree with everything you say - particularly about Hearts. Fucking hilarious.

16 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Shes also wanting temporary reconstruction, which presumably involves promoting Kelty/Brora just now, but then includes automatic relegation from League Two one season.

How many clubs down there are voting for that against the current set up? Especially considering the obscene amounts Kelty are spending.

1 minute ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Behind closed doors, would it be possible to show live games,stream etc so that fans could pay - then the income could be passed onto the clubs ? or does the current tv deal prohibit such things ?. Am sure fans would be happy to do so IF their clubs benefitted.

Think it's been discussed that this is a go'er. In normal times this would obviously not be allowed. I reckon this is the only we will see a regular start to the new season as I don't think we will be at a stage for mass gatherings being allowed until at least 2021.

I'm looking forward to some right shite angles.

5 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Behind closed doors, would it be possible to show live games,stream etc so that fans could pay - then the income could be passed onto the clubs ? or does the current tv deal prohibit such things ?. Am sure fans would be happy to do so IF their clubs benefitted.

Most top flight clubs already do this (although UK viewers have to use a VPN to watch games live)

No idea what the situation is as you go down the leagues, but presumably some would need help to fund it.

Has the 3pm blackout not been removed recently? This would allow for club screenings I presume. Club’s would need to adjust pricing though. Maybe make access attached to a season ticket and charge a higher price for individual games?

The bandwidth (?) needed would be much increased. Can't speak for anyone else, but DeeTV regularly crumbles when there's a few people watching it.

Imagine that's got to be the biggest obstacle.

49 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

But once you've sold your soul to SKY can you get it back?

Not saying this is in anyway feasible, but if we managed to get football back up and running in the lower leagues behind closed doors fairly quickly there's a chance the likes of Sky would throw an emergency TV deal out just so as they are covering some football I'd imagine.

Just need to look on here to see that Belarusian football has much more exposure since the lockdown. Guaranteed eyeballs.

9 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

No matter the reconstruction options, I'm sure we can all agree everyone has to vote for whatever one still relegates Hearts.

Even funnier if they are the only team who end up relegated across all the leagues.

Yes Ann, we fully support your 42 team league and wish you all the best in your attempts to get promoted into it.