Coronavirus and the Scottish Championship

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Ditto, if I can't get to a game I quite enjoy having option to watch via stream in the house with a few sherberts and will be doing just that on boxing day. 

And due to the standard of our stream you get the added bonus of not being able to see any of the game 

45 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That's fine, it's up to you. It doesn't make people who would rather watch the stream than watch a re-run of a Xmas movie or the latest episode of Eastenders "in need of professional help" though.

To think you were mocking someone else for being pedantic.

Shouldn’t you be working on a guest list of right-wing cranks for Hamilton game at New Year?

10 minutes ago, Hursty said:

And due to the standard of our stream you get the added bonus of not being able to see any of the game 

I should have been more honest. I've got my parents coming round for boxing day dinner, watching the stream should at least get me out having to help cook. 

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I know you are a troll, but this is pretty straightforward.

UEFA won’t move their deadline because of the nations league games.

The premiership then can’t overrun because of the UEFA deadline. 

Premiership clubs will then not allow the playoffs to be delayed, meaning that extending the season further down the pyramid is not an option. 

In what way can the Premiership not overrun? The fate of whoever finishes 11th in the Scottish top flight is utterly irrelevant to UEFA's competitions for the 22/23 campaign. 

The reason why Premiership clubs will not allow their bottom six campaign to be extended so that play-offs take place has got nothing to do with UEFA and everything to do with their own self-interest. And you're utterly naïve to think otherwise.

3 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Edited to add: Of course, extending the season further down the league IS an option it's just one that would have to be undertaken incorporating scrapping the promotion playoffs. I don't see anyone willingly agreeing to that.

There's absolutely no reason why promotion playoffs in the lower leagues cannot be moved to the end of a league campaign, whenever that is.  

Edited by vikingTON

1 hour ago, virginton said:

There's absolutely no reason why promotion playoffs in the lower leagues cannot be moved to the end of a league campaign, whenever that is.  

Nobody mentioned the lower leagues, just this one. You can't unilaterally extend the Championship season and have Promotion playoffs to the Premiership. It's really that simple.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Nobody mentioned the lower leagues, just this one. You can't unilaterally extend the Championship season and have Promotion playoffs to the Premiership. It's really that simple.

That's not what was being discussed though.

That the Premiership would not agree to extend its season to accommodate promotion playoffs is not down to a deadline imposed by big, bad UEFA as previously claimed. It is simply down to the narrow self-interest of Premiership clubs who have no incentive to shift from their original calendar. 

Meanwhile for every level below the Premiership, there is absolutely no practical reason why promotion playoffs cannot be held after a delayed end to the campaign. Once again, it is narrow self interest and not any practical obstacles that inform that decision. 

And it really is that straightforward. 

5 minutes ago, virginton said:

That's not what was being discussed though.

That the Premiership would not agree to extend its season to accommodate promotion playoffs is not down to a deadline imposed by big, bad UEFA as previously claimed. It is simply down to the narrow self-interest of Premiership clubs who have no incentive to shift from their original calendar. 

Meanwhile for every level below the Premiership, there is absolutely no practical reason why promotion playoffs cannot be held after a delayed end to the campaign. Once again, it is narrow self interest and not any practical obstacles that inform that decision. 

And it really is that straightforward. 

It's not remotely straightforward though, as well you know. Playoffs can only follow a season in the Scottish format where they include a team from the division above, if the two league finish at the same time (or within a week or so of it). As we saw last season when the bottom two divisions wanted to extend their season, the Championship clubs told them to go raffle themselves in terms of the 9th place team having to wait for a playoff to take place.

The lower leagues would effectively have to come to a joint decision to extend the season or not. If they do so on a division by division basis then playoffs won't happen. And the Championship cannot have a promotion playoff spot to the Premiership following an extended season if the Premiership does not extend also. Which it can't to meet UEFA deadlines (or because they have no incentive to do so, matters not what reason, fact is they won't) and therefore the Championship clubs won't vote for it either.

I’d guess Thistle would have voted to postpone. We’ve got three home games in this period - Ayr, Morton and Kilmarnock, which is three of the bigger travelling supports we would get at Firhill. That’s a fair whack of income being missed out on from these three games.

From a Raith point of view, we’ll have a decimated (presumably by covid, although that’s never been confirmed) squad for the Boxing Day game and lose our biggest attendance of the season on 2nd Jan if we carry on behind closed doors.

In 3/4 weeks time the covid cases will be back in training and Brad Spencer should be back from injury so I’d assume we’d vote for a break but I have no inside info.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Killie join the good guys.

Good Guys

Pars

Killie

Wanks

Unknown 

the other 8.

Only 2 more spots available to on good guys list,  looking forward to the bullshit the 6 will come out with.

Raith and Ayr (trying to find a new gaffer) will have wanted a break I reckon. 

QoTS are NAP to have voted against. 

10 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I’d guess Thistle would have voted to postpone. We’ve got three home games in this period - Ayr, Morton and Kilmarnock, which is three of the bigger travelling supports we would get at Firhill. That’s a fair whack of income being missed out on from these three games.

Unless they were burned from last year's "short" break?

Edited by true_rover

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Raith and Ayr (trying to find a new gaffer) will have wanted a break I reckon. 

QoTS are NAP to have voted against. 

Yeah from a self interest point of view we really should have voted for a delay. We need a new gaffer and about 5/6 new signings.