The Feelgood Thread

1 hour ago, sjc said:

Good news fact: The North Sea and the North Atlantic Ocean completely restocked with fish (and then some!) during WW2.

I'm not sure how they can factually claim this tbh.... 

"Sometimes life on ze U boat could be very boring and the only thing to do was count fish".

Edited by Fullerene

41 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Having watched "War of the Worlds" this Coronavirus makes it even less likely that a Martian invasion will occur or if it is did that it would be successful.

After seeing human beings reaction to a crisis, I'd welcome our new Martian overlords!

1 hour ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

The chances of a Martian invasion being successful are about a million to one they say.

Okay but what about Venus?  Can easily see us looking the wrong way and being caught out completely.

3 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Having watched "War of the Worlds"...

... it's time for some feel-good disco.

Very 'Spy Who loved me-esque' to the point that I want to see Roger Moore necking with Fiona Fullerton...

Eta: ... in which case I would need to watch A View To A Kill as she's not in TSWLM.  ;)

Edited by Hedgecutter

Home schooling for two starts tomorrow. Daughter who is primary one rushes off and makes sign for the door to show it’s now a class and sets up a desk with pens, paper etc. and explains why I’m not allowed in. Half an hour of watching later my son who is at nursery pipes up “mum can I play football tomorrow when you and Lucy are playing schools?” Tears blinded me.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I recently decided to give Marmite a go as I've never tried it. It is delicious and my new favourite thing. At least I'll have a 50% chance of getting some when the shops get ransacked...

Folk who are banned from this thread:

19QOS19

I wouldn't call myself a big gambler but I have fave found myself gambling a lot less. As in zero, for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Looking forward to coming out of the other side of this and being a few quid a month better off as I'm not pissing it away on frivolous bets. 

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I wouldn't call myself a big gambler but I have fave found myself gambling a lot less. As in zero, for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Looking forward to coming out of the other side of this and being a few quid a month better off as I'm not pissing it away on frivolous bets. 

The lack of betting opportunities will leave @Div and @KnightswoodBear with f**k all to do.

10 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I opened a pack of bacon yesterday by pulling the flap of plastic film in the corner and the whole of the film came off in one piece. 

I'll be even more impressed if you - or anybody - can get the ring pull lid off a tin of chopped tomatoes without any of the contents spilling when you have to apply 'just too much pressure' to remove the lid. Just off to change my tshirt.

1 hour ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I'll be even more impressed if you - or anybody - can get the ring pull lid off a tin of chopped tomatoes without any of the contents spilling when you have to apply 'just too much pressure' to remove the lid. Just off to change my tshirt.

Pull it about three quarters of the way off, then "see-saw" it sideways rather than pulling straight.

You're welcome

(I've got a sneakin' suspicion some of the music gags are passing the youngsters by)