Conference Call

That's true to a degree but they were clearly looking for guidance from their dear leaders. They stated, overwhelmingly, they wanted to join the pyramid and were looking to do this as a unit which makes a lot sense. It's easy, in hindsight, to say they should have got rid of these charlatans running their game, but they were constantly fed lies and were of the belief that a mutually suitable option was always within reach. Remember the "done deal" for the East Region to come in alongside the EoSFL? 

For three years they got nothing in return. It was only when a few individual clubs got tired of this and made it clear they weren't waiting any longer than Ronney and the West Region managed to get some kind of action started in the West. Even now, with the West Region gone, the East Region decimated and non-existent below the Tay (bar a handful of West Lothian clubs) and the North Region looking likely to move into the pyramid in the near future has there been anything, at all, from the SJFA?

In these circumstances there isn't actually much the clubs can do that remain. The Tayside clubs will want a good deal when they, eventually, move into the pyramid one way or another and the North will want to move over on their own terms so they do need to stick together to a degree. Not everyone will be as accommodating as the EoSFL were during the first mass migration. Each time TAJ has fed them lies and placated them and many clubs will be kicking themselves for believing him. Now it's got to the timeframe where it no longer matters who's running the show in the Juniors as the grade is dead in the water. It's rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

I'm, genuinely, baffled by the complete lack of action from them. A bunch of self serving fools who did not care about their clubs, their fans, the players or the game in general and only wanted to keep the "grade" as a separate body for no reason other than wistful fancies about how special they are.

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

3 minutes ago, Marten said:

The SJFA is ultimately ruled by the clubs though. Clubs could force a different direction or force certain people out if they really wanted to.

But there comes a point where a membership organisation can become too unwieldy due to its size. Take something like the scrapping of replays in the Junior Cup.

North Region clubs have apparently been in favour and proposed that previously. You would also usually see a North Region club sit out the competition. Instead of seeing those as a sign of change being needed. It was shot down and the status quo remained. The SJFA could have been more proactive, heard the complaints and tried to suggest a compromise to keep everyone happy (such as scrapping replays in the early rounds). 

Same thing with reinstatement fees. Clubs are meant to have mentioned this before and the response was that they were needed to help fund the SJFA. Yet they probably could of found a way round that if they wanted to do, just like they may have now.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

But there comes a point where a membership organisation can become too unwieldy due to its size. Take something like the scrapping of replays in the Junior Cup.

North Region clubs have apparently been in favour and proposed that previously. You would also usually see a North Region club sit out the competition. Instead of seeing those as a sign of change being needed. It was shot down and the status quo remained. The SJFA could have been more proactive, heard the complaints and tried to suggest a compromise to keep everyone happy (such as scrapping replays in the early rounds). 

Same thing with reinstatement fees. Clubs are meant to have mentioned this before and the response was that they were needed to help fund the SJFA. Yet they probably could of found a way round that if they wanted to do, just like they may have now.

True, I know Tayside clubs agreed with the North region on both issues btw. At some point on both they tried to get changes through together but I've been told that they got shot down by more conservative clubs elsewhere, especially in the west. Ironically now those changes are going through because the west needs them.

Maryhill saying the Conference winners will all be promoted.

No word yet on how many relegated from tier 6, but George Fraser made clear on the LL catch up today that they'd be working their way down to a 16 team league and it may be over multiple years. Maybe 5 down next year to get us to 18?

Think the way things are going, maybe all leagues will come down to 16 teams, getting in 30  games Inc cup is getting harder with postponements these days. Will always be a case of clubs self interest taking priority over the bigger picture,hoping that in say 5 years time, things have settled down and a decent,workable pyramid is in place. Won't be betting on that though.

12 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

No word yet on how many relegated from tier 6, but George Fraser made clear on the LL catch up today that they'd be working their way down to a 16 team league and it may be over multiple years. Maybe 5 down next year to get us to 18?

There is obviously also a decent chance a WoSFL team will be promoted next season or the season after (a few of the bigger clubs won't need to do much to get to licensing and some have already effectively done work towards it), meaning there will only be 4 clubs getting relegated providing no WoSFL area club gets relegated from the LL.

On 13/05/2020 at 20:29, Marshmallo said:

From reading into the George Fraser podcast I'd suspect 3 conference winner promoted and 5 relegated and then following season top 3 promoted and another 5 relegated and then the top division would be down to 16

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

From reading into the George Fraser podcast I'd suspect 3 conference winner promoted and 5 relegated and then following season top 3 promoted and another 5 relegated and then the top division would be down to 16

It will of course depend if anyone moves into LL and if any LL come down to WoSFL.

Keep reading about the' big clubs' in tier 6 The change has happened at the right time for certain teams. A lot of established junior teams with a lot of history missing out with the way this has happened, I mean look at some of the famous junior teams in the conferences, compared to the likes of Rossvale who have a public park as a ground? I know they got promoted last year but more established junior teams deserve the place in tier 6

Edited by Krfc 10

2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is the impression that I got speaking to him. Seems to be the most common sense solution.

19 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Keep reading about the' big clubs' in tier 6 The change has happened at the right time for certain teams. A lot of established junior teams with a lot of history missing out with the way this has happened, I mean look at some of the famous junior teams in the conferences, compared to the likes of Rossvale who have a public park as a ground? I know they got promoted last year but more established junior teams deserve the place in tier 6

If they deserved it then they'd have been good enough to spend last season in the Premiership or finish in the top 3 of the Championship.

6 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

You're right that some clubs have peaked at the right time in many ways, but that's as far as it goes.

If a team had been good enough to be in the Premiership or the promotion places in the Championship they'd be in...any team that wasn't in those positions wasn't good enough at that point in time regardless of name recognition and how much history they could boast.

In terms of Rossvale, as you say they got promoted the previous season and were holding their own doing okay in the top division this season. Regardless of how long they've been going, how many they get through the gate  or the fact they groundshare at Benburb, that currently makes them a more successful and hence a "bigger" club than many whose names are probably more recognisable.

It's based on 2020 league positions as those are the only ones that are relevant, not the last time X or Y team had a decent finish.

Edited by Hillonearth

9 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

Even if the West Region had moved its structure en masse with the Premiership at Tier 6, as most people felt was reasonable when this was an option, these "big clubs" still wouldn't have been up there. It's about who was good enough on the park now, not last season, or thirty years ago.

10 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

It will of course depend if anyone moves into LL and if any LL come down to WoSFL.

Suppose that is up for debate
just spitballing here but in reality, whatever the past has been, 1 up to lowland via a tier 6 play off or 2 up etc..   The system may be changed due to a West tier 6 starting giving more teams fighting to get into the Lowland league from tier 6 and below so would it be best having two relegated no matter what and two promoted and if the lowland league champions win playoff to go to the SPFL then all three champions of the EOS, WOS and the SOS all go up with two relegated and that will decide the fate of the bottom teams in tier 7 of each association

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Suppose that is up for debate
just spitballing here but in reality, whatever the past has been, 1 up to lowland via a tier 6 play off or 2 up etc..   The system may be changed due to a West tier 6 starting giving more teams fighting to get into the Lowland league from tier 6 and below so would it be best having two relegated no matter what and two promoted and if the lowland league champions win playoff to go to the SPFL then all three champions of the EOS, WOS and the SOS all go up with two relegated and that will decide the fate of the bottom teams in tier 7 of each association

It's complicated by the need for a licence to play in the Lowland League. I think once the majority of clubs at Tier 6 are licenced, then there will be more slots. At the moment, I can see why there's only one, even though I think it should definitely be increased as soon as practicable.

Edited by Cyclizine

1 minute ago, Cyclizine said:

It's complicated by the need for a licence to play in the Lowland League. I think once the majority of clubs at Tier 6 are licenced, then there will be more slots. At the moment, I can see why there's only one, even though I think it shouldd definitely be increased as soon as practicable.

Yeah Cyclizine as you say and I've stated previously, once most of the WOS apply for a license and accepted which makes them fall in line with the amount of EOS teams and the SOS teams with a SFA license then relegation and promotion to the Lowland league will be a lot more earlier to organise.

12 hours ago, Krfc 10 said:

You my friend sum up the dinosaur attitude of Junior Fitba. Rossvale were not parachuted into the top league, they started in the bottom league, and through hard work and the appointment of good managers, and the aquisition of good players, achieved promotion after promotion to EARN a place in the Premier League, where they beat teams like Irvine Meddow, Hurlford, Glenafton, Troon, Largs and a few others.... Just because you were once a Big Team, and have a ground with a bar, does not give you entitlement to the top league. Points are won on the park.

Edited by DanMan

You my friend sum the dinosaur attitude of Junior Fitba. Rossvale were not parachuted into the top league, they started in the bottom league, and through hard work and the appointment of good managers, and the aquisition of good players, achieved promotion after promotion to EARN a place in the Premier League, where they beat teams like Irvine Meddow, Hurlford, Glenafton, Troon, Largs and a few others.... Just because you were once a Big Team, and have a ground with a bar, does not give you entitlement to the top league. Points are won on the park.

Rossvale are a brilliant club, what they have achieved is fantastic and some people will just never get their heads around that. Gartcairn the same.