Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

I hate to feed the Sevconians paranoia, but ...

There is an article in today's Private Eye entitled "Voting slip-up".  This claims that Murdoch McLennan "loathes" Rangers, and says that when he was managing director of the Daily Record in the 1980s he "made no secret of his antipathy to Rangers".

Edited by Stag Nation

5 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

There is an article in today's Private Eye entitled "Voting slip-up".  This claims that Murdoch McLennan "loathes" Rangers, and says that when he was managing director of the Daily Record in the 1980s he "made no secret of his antipathy to Rangers".

Good man

11 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Old news.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/threads/private-eye-latest-on-maclennan.37360/

22 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

Clearly his hatred of Rangers* has caused the SPFL to pursue a course of action that doesn’t negatively impact Rangers* in any way whatsoever.

7 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Clearly his hatred of Rangers* has caused the SPFL to pursue a course of action that doesn’t negatively impact Rangers* in any way whatsoever.

That's the thing, Rangers' interests and Celtic's are pretty well identical in negotiations with the SPFL and the other 40 clubs. This is all just pettiness to delay Celtic getting the title, asterisked or not. No idea what would happen to Rangers' European ambitions if the league was declared null and void.

Edited by welshbairn

That's just evidence of a functioning cerebral cortex.

All that seething mess about McLennan being a bigot because he allegedly hated the dead club. What’s that got to do with the newco and the present situation? Remember this a club who has replaced Jabba The H** with a card carrying bigot from Belfast. Deary me

6 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

All that seething mess about McLennan being a bigot because he allegedly hated the dead club. What’s that got to do with the newco and the present situation? Remember this a club who has replaced Jabba The H** with a card carrying bigot from Belfast. Deary me

Maclennan is meant to be impartial in his role as chairman. 

He is also employed by two celtic shareholders,  I wonder how that affects his impartiality....

1 hour ago, Ned Nederlander said:

You were also convinced it was Rangers :P

(Tee-hee etc, whatever happened to the Bralt ?)

It died a slow death, a Sevcorection was tried but it never worked. 

20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's the thing, Rangers' interests and Celtic's are pretty well identical in negotiations with the SPFL and the other 40 clubs. This is all just pettiness to delay Celtic getting the title, asterisked or not. No idea what would happen to Rangers' European ambitions if the league was declared null and void.

No change. SPFL would have to nominate teams based on sporting merit. Shite argument against null & void but one that Doncaster no doubt believed as McLennan worked him from behind.

25 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It’s a fair point about their coinciding interests. And I can appreciate it must be hard to get somebody with a live if football and a business brain to take on such a thankless task. But no matter how understandable it was for a man of his generation to loathe what Rangers were, to appoint him Chairman given his apparent conflict of interest was a disgrace. 

7 minutes ago, bennett said:

Maclennan is meant to be impartial in his role as chairman. 

He is also employed by two celtic shareholders,  I wonder how that affects his impartiality....

Am I right in thinking he was voted into the role by Stewart Robertson, Rangers Managing Director?

6 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

It’s a fair point about their coinciding interests. And I can appreciate it must be hard to get somebody with a live if football and a business brain to take on such a thankless task. But no matter how understandable it was for a man of his generation to loathe what Rangers were, to appoint him Chairman given his apparent conflict of interest was a disgrace. 

Again, voted for by the Rangers MD. And Ann Budge btw.

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

How is loathing rangers a conflict of interest? I loathed rangers and now sevco but I do not support Celtic. 

2 minutes ago, flood said:

How is loathing rangers a conflict of interest? I loathed rangers and now sevco but I do not support Celtic. 

Exactly, why shouldn't be hat e Rangers. Isn't the mantra on both sides the hatred is just banter?

If he's a big Celtic supporter he'll be well informed of the mutual aims and ambitions both have.

10 minutes ago, flood said:

Surely it means he has a deep understanding of Scottish football, eminently qualified

It would appear that the full scale bbc/tom English/Brian McLaughlin/ Ewan Murray barrage on loans/advances from 2008 that has been going on since the bbc gave follow follow info on Friday evening is just a smokescreen that rangers have nothing on the SPFL. 

I really think the smoking gun was the select what’s apps from sevco fan at Inverness Scot Gardener, and the fake Dundee invoices. 

Edited by flood

43 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Am I right in thinking he was voted into the role by Stewart Robertson, Rangers Managing Director?

If I recall rightly questions regarding his links to celtic shareholders being fully disclosed have never been properly answered by Doncaster. 

“If the chief executive was notified, as he should have been, can he confirm why he did not notify the SPFL Board of this interest?

That's effectively what they did.  Every club had been given the minimum prize money (I think) and the cash people were waiting for was that balance.  
For some, that would be a figure not worth bothering about.  For some it was a pretty big figure indeed.  In Raith Rovers case, it was about £60k, and I think at the top end of the Championship was into the hundreds of thousands. 

that’s what Doncaster tried to say at the weekend