Sevco and their fans suffer humiliating dossier defeat

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The Spfl claimed there was only one method to give clubs prize money, we later found out that there are another two methods. 

Not how I want those running the game to behave.

Except when they reinvented the rulebook to shoehorn the the rangers into the SPFL instead of dealing with them in the same way as Gretna and each other club which transgressed.

Selective memories when convenient and it concerns your club/company/new entity.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Take it up with the Accountants that signed off the numbers 12 years ago. Not a hope in hell and to define something like that as if Doncaster was sitting in a room on his own with a spreadsheet making up his own loans and advances columns will go nowhere.

Amateur hour dramatics.

Ever read Bleak House and the case of Jarndyce v Jarndyce? That's where it is heading. Have fun when all the money runs out.

Not Deloitte by any chance?

Edited by Pet Jeden

5 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Turns out there's a transcript of Doncaster's interview up on the BBC site so I didn't have to listen back. I think I've conflated my interpretation with what he actually said:

I took it that there could have been an alternative allocation if there was a change in articles and I kind of extrapolated from that. He didn't specifically say that about actioning advances though.

Interesting.

Not sure an equal split across all 42 clubs would be a great option anyway, although I'd challenge the idea that they could only change the articles to an equal split. I suppose you could argue that anything other than an equal split would open a can of worms in terms of arguments between clubs, which again given the timeline wouldn't have been practical.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

The Spfl claimed there was only one method to give clubs prize money, we later found out that there are another two methods. 

Not how I want those running the game to behave.

One of those methods is making loans, which is not a way of paying prize money. It is a totally different thing. 

The other point, that articles could have been changed, is a completely fair one. Although as the articles stood the league was telling the truth. I agree though, it would be better if the authorities could be transparent and above reproach. 

6 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Except when they reinvented the rulebook to shoehorn the the rangers into the SPFL instead of dealing with them in the same way as Gretna and each other club which transgressed.

Selective memories when convenient and it concerns your club/company/new entity.

Whataboutery. 

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Kpmg, equally as reputable. 

50 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is probably bollocks but here's hoping!

I've no been paying attention: In what way are they going to take the whole of Scottish football with them?

(Appologies if I've missed something obvious in my ignorance)

2 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I've no been paying attention: In what way are they going to take the whole of Scottish football with them?

Because we all need the "blue pound"? 

18 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

No one was shoehorned into either the spfl or the sfl. 

54 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

This is probably bollocks but here's hoping!

Wee Rogers weekly Sevco haven't long left tweet.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

No one was shoehorned into either the spfl or the sfl. 

Wee Rogers weekly Sevco haven't long left tweet.

Rangers were liquidated and Sevco were shoehorned into the league system. HTH Vicky..

11 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Armageddon 

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Time will tell if they could have gone down the route of amending the articles of association but I still think it's a reasonable judgement for a board to make under the circumstances. It certainly wouldn't suggest any gross negligence that a certain club would have you believe.

You are dealing in semantics not bullying or coercion, he also mentioned Celtic giving up 300k to two clubs because they missed out on fixtures.
Also two clubs asked for loans but then withdrew knowing they would get their dosh once the lower leagues were called.
It seems there was a need to end the lower leagues more than the top flight and the majority ruled.
Don Neilcaster clearly doesn't like doing the clubs dirty laundry in public because it just gives more people more questions. 

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Celtic did not "give up" any money. They agreed to have one of their payments deferred so that two other clubs could get an advance.

Celtic were due the dosh but two other clubs got it an act of kindness for a small period.

16 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

You are dealing in semantics not bullying or coercion, he also mentioned Celtic giving up 300k to two clubs because they missed out on fixtures.
Also two clubs asked for loans but then withdrew knowing they would get their dosh once the lower leagues were called.
It seems there was a need to end the lower leagues more than the top flight and the majority ruled.
Don Neilcaster clearly doesn't like doing the clubs dirty laundry in public because it just gives more people more questions. 

If there was a point here, I missed it.

50 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Take your pick. There are about 4 auditors in the UK with big enough operations that handle large accounts. Deloitte, KPMG and so on. If you think Deloitte today is a smoking gun for a club liquidated 12 years ago, on you go. You will lose.  Chasing ghosts 

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Take your pick. There are about 4 auditors in the UK with big enough operations that handle large accounts. Deloitte, KPMG and so on. If you think Deloitte today is a smoking gun for a club liquidated 12 years ago, on you go. You will lose.  Chasing ghosts 

Just my wee joke. (Deloitte being the SPFL's go-to professionals to give a quick and independent all-clear on Dundee-gate). 

Well, it made me smile, if nobody else.

I reckon any one of us could go on Rangers Media and make the most ridiculous of staunch comments on there that would be taken as a clear parody anywhere else and they'd lap it up. Is FollowFollow as ridiculous a forum as Rangers Media? 

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic were due the dosh but two other clubs got it an act of kindness for a small period.

And then those two same clubs gave up their money to Celtic several months later as another act of kindness?