Growing A Beard

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just catching up:

• I'd be delighted to be Brian Blessed. Sorry, I'D BE DELIGHTED TO BE BRIAN! BLESSED!!!
  • I'd also be very proud to be DA Baracus' father, but I've never pumped a girl from Fife. And I'll leave that there to be FTFY'd.
  • My beard is never itchy, so there may be something to the regular washing thing. I may be a tramp, but a hygienic one.
  • Top lip trimming is essential. Those Old West laddies with the massive soup-strainer used to carry implements around just to move their 'tache in order to take a drink. f**k that shit!
  • Trimming pubes = fine. Full-on shaving/waxing is for masochists and looks fucking weird. Male genitalia looks bizarre and freaky at the best of times; you don't want that shit fully exposed.

My maw is from Glasgow.

My supposed father is too.

In fact they were both born in the same hospital.

In the same ward.

On the same day.

On 21/05/2020 at 11:41, Smurph said:

I probably trim my beard every six weeks, just to make sure the neck hair doesn't fuse with my chest hair and so I can eat burgers without causing myself physical pain. Takes 5 minutes all in. How long does it take to shave?

It's pretty much just like getting a hair cut. Imagine that. What posers.

You come across as a bit of a tramp, TBH. 

What about the beard oil? 

On 21/05/2020 at 16:27, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

I just don't want to, I'm more caveman/tramp/natural look.

You grow a beard? You spend time with a mirror trimming it and shaping it. A poser.

You should take pride in your appearance. Have some self respect man. 

On 27/05/2020 at 22:44, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

You come across as a bit of a tramp, TBH. 

What about the beard oil? 

My first post on this thread was that I wash regularly and beard oil is a load of nonsense.

Anything else?

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, hividoy said:

Everytime I think just let the beard grow as it will off set the bald head I get so far before I get annoyed and shave it off. It just grows into a big spikey jaggy homeless look mess if i'm honest, how do other guys do it?

Phone up the Boston Red Sox and ask them.

Red Sox Beard.jpg

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

My eyebrows are needing trimmed and shaped.
Taking clippers to them made it look like I have alopecia.

Any suggestions? Should I comb them up and cut across with scissors?

Funnily enough, for the 1st time on Sunday my barber used the clippers to trim my eyebrows - No 1 blade.  I was anxious but it worked out fine.  Previously, the barber has just combed up and trimmed with scissors.  Different barber each time, though. 

All included in the price of £1.50 including tip - I rejected the offer of a shoulder massage as I was in a bit of a hurry. 

7 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

At the current rate of barber add-ons, it won't be long before they're asking if you want a pubic trim.

That's an extra 50p in my barber's. 

48 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

At the current rate of barber add-ons, it won't be long before they're asking if you want a pubic trim.

I dont have time for that. Asshole wax takes precedence. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Funnily enough, for the 1st time on Sunday my barber used the clippers to trim my eyebrows - No 1 blade.  I was anxious but it worked out fine.  Previously, the barber has just combed up and trimmed with scissors.  Different barber each time, though. 

All included in the price of £1.50 including tip - I rejected the offer of a shoulder massage as I was in a bit of a hurry. 

A shoulder massage from a barber?

I just can't get my head around that one. Does he break out the scented candles and stick on an Enya CD, too?

28 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

A shoulder massage from a barber?

I just can't get my head around that one. Does he break out the scented candles and stick on an Enya CD, too?

I guess he would if you asked him.

It's totally normal here to give a 2 or 3 minute shoulder massage - I find it kinda weird and always say no if they ask but usually they just fire on.  All included in the princely sum of £1. 

3 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I guess he would if you asked him.

It's totally normal here to give a 2 or 3 minute shoulder massage - I find it kinda weird and always say no if they ask but usually they just fire on.  All included in the princely sum of £1. 

One last thing. 

Is "shoulder" a euphemism here? Are we talking about a haircut with a happy ending?