George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

9 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Tasers can work in two ways, dry stun ie contact and by firing, with the two barbs, need clarity as to whether he knew it was entirely ineffective before we say that.

From what I gathered the taser only has two shots before it needs reset. (I guess that's the two projectiles with the wire attached?) He had already fired both into the fella and knew it couldn't be used again.

ETA:

"In announcing the charges Brooks revealed disturbing details about the incident. Howard revealed that Rolfe knew the taser Brooks took from him was not functional, as it had already been fired twice and thus was of no use when he shot Brooks twice in the back as he was running away.

The detail underscores that Rolfe was apparently aware he was in no physical danger when he fatally shot Brooks. Cameras also captured Rolfe kicking Brooks as he was on the ground struggling for his life.

“I got him!” the district attorney quoted Rolfe as saying."

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/17/rayshard-brooks-charges-atlanta-police-officer-garrett-rolfe

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

I actually had to step down from Facebook tonight. 
There are some folk that actually believe they are being discriminated against because they are white. 
These days, if you say you're English, you'll be arrested and thrown in jail

From what I gathered the taser only has two shots before it needs reset. (I guess that's the two projectiles with the wire attached?) He had already fired both into the fella and knew it couldn't be used again.

ETA:

"In announcing the charges Brooks revealed disturbing details about the incident. Howard revealed that Rolfe knew the taser Brooks took from him was not functional, as it had already been fired twice and thus was of no use when he shot Brooks twice in the back as he was running away.
The detail underscores that Rolfe was apparently aware he was in no physical danger when he fatally shot Brooks. Cameras also captured Rolfe kicking Brooks as he was on the ground struggling for his life.
“I got him!” the district attorney quoted Rolfe as saying."

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/jun/17/rayshard-brooks-charges-atlanta-police-officer-garrett-rolfe

It can be used to ‘dry stun’ but that said as i mentioned before its clearly out of range of that.

The defence they will go down the line that the officer shot the offender because he is a highly aggressive subject. Following him running away in possession of a taser they feared for the safety of the public. 

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought it was about protecting the statues.

image.thumb.png.941e43a02f26b4ac3d08123b4475d5e2.png

Surely if you're saying an 'anti-fascist' flag is inflammatory and provokes (goads) you to point of violence, then you are in fact admitting you're a fascist and can't really take issue with being labelled as right wing. 

There really are a lot of confused people kicking about right now. 

The defence they will go down the line that the officer shot the offender because he is a highly aggressive subject. Following him running away in possession of a taser they feared for the safety of the public. 

As soon as the guys back is turned and hes running away he’s no longer a threat, i dont think that defence will work in any way, but in a trial by jury you get some mental verdicts.

I'm all for the following (who isn't?)

- people not being treated badly by the cops because of their race

- people being prosecuted for dishing out racist abuse 

- investigating historical figures and revealing them as nasty scumbags if they were nasty scumbags. However I'm not going to accept any personal responsibility for the actions of historical nasty scumbags.

However, it's easy to go on TV and scream "we need to stop racial inequality!", but I havn't heard anyone actually drill down into actions that results in this outcome. Positive discrimination is illegal in the UK.