George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The polis federation is a vehicle for two particular careerists at this moment in time. That said Mr Hamilton has actually been very overtly critical of the behaviour of the subset you refer to on several occasions that i’ve seen, indeed i believe the union bears submitted a formal complaint about him last year. Anyway its not my job to defend Mr Steele or Hamilton, but feel its only fair to provide some context, in particular when you are so wide off the mark in your assertion.

Obviously I'm not a Polis, and have no idea who these people are, but you can hardly blame me (or others) for thinking the Federation is a bastion of staunchess when they release a statement that strongly suggests that they are.

18 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just like to point out that the person who wrote that statement isnt elected by the membership and is taking a bit of a doing internally.

The wording of the statement is shite, I do feel it was an attempt at being flippant rather than making a serious point about ‘statue protectors’. From what I gather the Scottish Government have taken the reigns off and told the police to start jailing the trouble makers en masse now when previously it wasnt what they seemed to want.

Eta the federation at national level are particularly un democratic, un elected by members and resistant to reform. Calum Steele has political aspirations and is known to be trying to get his tentacles into the tory party, the membership of the federation largely hate him.

This notion of police being entirely made up of right wing staunch rangers fans etc isnt reflective of most of the police officers I know, most are actually quite socially liberal.

Socially liberal!!!

Since when?

Obviously I'm not a Polis, and have no idea who these people are, but you can hardly blame me (or others) for thinking the Federation is a bastion of staunchess when they release a statement that strongly suggests that they are.

Thats why im trying to give you a bit of context around the fact that the author of the statement is a rocket and actually not directly elected with a membership who are making moves to have them removed. Id go as far as to say most of the police federation members i know are celtic fans and anything but staunch. They do like donuts though so some stereotypes are true.

3 minutes ago, Gaz said:

*Poilias

5 minutes ago, dirty dingus said:

The most vandalised statue in Scotland by those antifa wags was the Bruce statue, if the goal is to protect statues why weren't the defenders of inanimate objects not flocking to Bannockburn to protect that one?

Why protect a statue that your own supporters have already defaced? 

2 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Why protect a statue that your own supporters have already defaced? 

He obviously wasn't Churchillian enough and there was less than  a few Walter Mitty veterans that were involved in his campaigns to defend his honour.

9 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Thought it was about protecting the statues.

image.thumb.png.941e43a02f26b4ac3d08123b4475d5e2.png

Don't know about anyone else, but whenever someone produces an Antifa flag in front of me, I immediately spring to my own defence by charging at them shouting about '****** b*****ds' and give them a good fucking kicking if me and my 40 or so other frightened bystanders happen to catch them.

The thing that annoyed me about the federation statement was the moralising and implication that people were wanting those p***ks arrested last night because they were breaking coronavirus guidelines for gathering, and that would be unfair because the BLM protestors hadn't been arrested for breaking those regs. 

No, it was the nazi salutes, sectarian chanting, and leathering f**k out of anyone in the vicinity that I was more feeling the cuffs could have been deployed for. 

Edited by madwullie

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

OK so I had to bite - though I tried not to.

I've never read or heard anything from the OO in Scotland by way of publications, speeches, its constitution or discussions/pronouncements/statements in local or county lodges that have been remotely fascistic.

Clearly you have so please share what you know.

In the interests of transparency I think I should quote Oswald Mosley after a search for the OO's links with fascism. Not sure if SPAD will approve. My search shall continue. 

Irelands Right to Unite When Entering European Union  

What interest has an Englishman in Ireland? The answer is that this Englishman proved his interest in Ireland and friendship for her people when, as the youngest member of the British Parliament, he became Secretary of the Parliamentary Committee which opposed the operations of the Black and Tans and demanded peace with Ireland. We succeeded at any rate in bringing the Black and Tan iniquity to an end, but we were only partially successful in winning peace for Ireland, because the Government of the day dismembered Ireland. The original Tory demand was for a nine county Ulster divided from Ireland, which would have subjected a 65% Catholic majority, to the Protestant minority in those counties. The final “partition” of six counties still included predominantly Catholic areas.

POLICEMAN’S KNOCK

The rule which followed has been a disgrace to Britain. What a bitter irony for the British war-time Prime Minister to advocate the “Union of Europe at the Hague and renunciate as his basic principle “freedom from fear of the policeman’s knock” in a period when the “policeman’s knock” is still the only means by which the Tory Party can maintain its rule in Ulster. For the six Counties are the first Police State in Europe : they have always had arrest and imprisonment without trial.

EQUIVALENT OF 18B

Their equivalent of 18B was not confined to war-time: it is their regular method of government in Northern Ireland. The rounding up of Catholics and holding them in prison without trial through the best- years of their young manhood is a commonplace of this system. Freedom from “fear of the policeman’s knock” indeed. We had arrest and imprisonment without trial in England during the war: we have it still in Ulster today.

For long past it has been my practice not to attack anyone who sincerely and strenuously opposes Communism. I shall not do so now, but I suggest that Europe – cannot be united on a basis of humbug, and that every Englishman is put in that position by the Ulster situation, if he advocates freedom from imprisonment without trial in the Europe of the future. For my part I have always stood for the principle of no imprisonment without trial. If a nation so desires, it can always alter the law to suit the facts of a new civilisation. But no nation has the moral right to imprison any subject who has kept the law and can be charged with no breach of the law.

TWO POLICE STATES

If the Government acts in this way it is guilty of a frame-up and a racket from which no one can be safe. Where is freedom if you say to the individual: “What you did yesterday was perfectly legal and according to law, but we are going to imprison you for having done it.” or alternatively: “you have not broken the law, but we fear you may commit some offence in future, so we are going to imprison you to prevent it.  Under such formulae of mis-Government no-one is safe from gaol and all freedom is a mockery. That was the war-time system in England and it is the present system in Ulster. Soviet Russia and Ulster share the distinction of having been the only two Police States in Europe to last for some’30 years. The first is run by International Communism, and the second by the British Tory Party.

UNION OF EUROPE

The Ulster disgrace must be brought to an end. Now is the time and opportunity to do it, all Western nations should soon have the chance to enter a wider Union of Europe. Admission to that larger community will bring a guarantee against the persecution of minorities which could not exist within the narrow hatreds of smaller societies. A minority of Protestants, of course, does exist in Northern Ireland. They have used their fear of persecution to secure from British Government the means to persecute an almost equal number of Catholics. Both the fear and excuse will be removed on entry to the Union of Europe. The large community of the future can guarantee freedom from persecution to such minorities. No further reason or excuse exists for the separate life of the Ulster State. Therefore, Union Movement affirms the right of Ireland to unite and then, as a united people, to enter the wider Union of Europe.

OSWALD MOSLEY

https://www.oswaldmosley.com/irelands-right-to-unite/

9 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

In the interests of transparency I think I should quote Oswald Mosley after a search for the OO's links with fascism. Not sure if SPAD will approve. My search shall continue. 

Why the DUP wanted shot of the EU.

To try and bring back the good old days.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

OK so I had to bite - though I tried not to.

I've never read or heard anything from the OO in Scotland by way of publications, speeches, its constitution or discussions/pronouncements/statements in local or county lodges that have been remotely fascistic.

Clearly you have so please share what you know.

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

No need to worry yer pretty little head.  We all know that you ken the square root of heehaw about the OO in Scotland and that the terms 'fascist' has been rendered useless by our big pal @mixufixu who has defined fascism as anything that you want it to be.

26 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

No need to worry yer pretty little head.  We all know that you ken the square root of heehaw about the OO in Scotland and that the terms 'fascist' has been rendered useless by our big pal @mixufixu who has defined fascism as anything that you want it to be.

The average Orangeman might not go near the Fash but you can bet the local Fash sniff around the fringes  of Orangeism big time.

Still trying to wrap me heid roon that SPAD statement

"We were going to demonstrate against human rights for asylum seekers peacefully until we saw someone unveil a flag that carried an anti-fascist statement so we had no option but to indulge in sectarian chanting and throw bottles at weans"

83239690_10163653605840004_3943002985043089894_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=XVrQE3UxnqUAX96dtKm&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.xx&oh=692289231044648b70f75a663e40826a&oe=5F136C2A

Someone wrote that statement and, at the end, thought "right. Just need to spell check now because that has cleared the air and shown who the real bad guys are"

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

I thought a wee thanks would have been in order, given that I showed that Britain's premier fascist's sympathies lay elsewhere. Perhaps he lived to early to see the recruiting potential within the West of Scotland PUL community.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I thought a wee thanks would have been in order, given that I showed that Britain's premier fascist's sympathies lay elsewhere. Perhaps he lived to early to see the recruiting potential within the West of Scotland PUL community.

I read your post and have read your recent reply.  Absolutely nothing to do with Scotland's Orange Order.  This is unsurprising,

My big take away from this bit of the thread is that 'fascist' is now a meaningless term and we're all welcome to use the word with no need to explain.

Edit:  You fascist b*****d.

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Thought it was about protecting the statues.

image.thumb.png.941e43a02f26b4ac3d08123b4475d5e2.png

GOADED! 

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As soon as the guys back is turned and hes running away he’s no longer a threat, i dont think that defence will work in any way, but in a trial by jury you get some mental verdicts.

If you've ever seen "Cops" you should know that "the innocent don't run" is the fundamental principle of policing in the states. 

10 hours ago, milhouse said:

I'm all for the following (who isn't?)

- people not being treated badly by the cops because of their race

- people being prosecuted for dishing out racist abuse 

- investigating historical figures and revealing them as nasty scumbags if they were nasty scumbags. However I'm not going to accept any personal responsibility for the actions of historical nasty scumbags.

However, it's easy to go on TV and scream "we need to stop racial inequality!", but I havn't heard anyone actually drill down into actions that results in this outcome. Positive discrimination is illegal in the UK. 

So it should be. No discrimination is positive. Positive action is perfectly fine legally  and should be encouraged. 

17 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I read your post and have read your recent reply.  Absolutely nothing to do with Scotland's Orange Order.  This is unsurprising,

My big take away from this bit of the thread is that 'fascist' is now a meaningless term and we're all welcome to use the word with no need to explain.

Edit:  You fascist b*****d.

GOADED!