George Floyd/Black Lives Matter Protests

33 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

So you didn't see the 'kill a white on site' leaflets that were handed out in Dundee and Glasgow a few months ago?

Still sticking with this then? What a fucking numpty.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/blm-flyer-enemy-of-people/

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/fake-kill-white-flyers-edinburgh-18423128

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

I didn't realise there were quite so many lefties on here 😂 

You don't need to be a "leftie" to enjoy making a right wing fruit loop to get so confused s/he ends up inside out

stress i need a drink GIF

1 minute ago, Binos said:

There used to be no police

They had to make up god and the ten commandments to stop people butchering their neighbours

And the police force in the US was set up to catch runaway slaves, so it’s not unreasonable to think black folks might have a bit of a historical issue with them, even if they hadn’t been murdering black folks with impunity ever since then. 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

You don't think that shutting prisons should be the aim of any functioning democracy? I'm sorry but that is a barbaric view - A country should aim to bring all its citizens up as well rounded individuals in a safe environment to cut reoffending rate or are you saying if murder rates go down we should lock people up for lesser crimes?

People should be in the jail if they are a danger to society and it should be societies job to ensure fewer and fewer people experience the circumstances that lead them to commit the acts that mean folk end up in the jail. 

You're getting confused. Pay attention now because this is difficult for right wing knuckle draggers to understand. If you ask a farmer to count his cows he will tell you there are 30 if you then remove him from his job and ask him (he's not there) to count his cows he won't say anything - does that mean the cows have disappeared or have you cut the number of farmers?

Now try the same with police officers and crime - you confuse lawlessness and crime you can have one without the other.  

If they are running below capacity then yes but last I heard UK prisons were almost full. Get the crime levels down first then reduce the number of prisons. Reducing police is just a no for me. I'm not sure how anyone can't see that no police would just give criminals the freedom to do what they want and then on seeing them getting away with it more and more people would join in. No police equals people doing whatever they want and a very quick breakdown of law and order. Can you tell me what you think would happen at and old firm game with no police or stewards? Do you think fans would just behave and segregate themselves or do you think they would batter f*ck out of each other with hundreds of people being injured.

2 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

And the police force in the US was set up to catch runaway slaves, so it’s not unreasonable to think black folks might have a bit of a historical issue with them, even if they hadn’t been murdering black folks with impunity ever since then. 

Needless to say

Disbanding the police would not create no crime, which was the post I was responding to

Just now, rossi30 said:

If they are running below capacity then yes but last I heard UK prisons were almost full. Get the crime levels down first then reduce the number of prisons. Reducing police is just a no for me. I'm not sure how anyone can't see that no police would just give criminals the freedom to do what they want and then on seeing them getting away with it more and more people would join in. No police equals people doing whatever they want and a very quick breakdown of law and order. Can you tell me what you think would happen at and old firm game with no police or stewards? Do you think fans would just behave and segregate themselves or do you think they would batter f*ck out of each other with hundreds of people being injured.

Thats because folk are in the jail for nothing and England spends a lot of money continually locking folk up and not money whatsoever trying to figure out why young guys keep doing 2 stretches.

If reducing the police is a no for you then why the f**k did you vote tory?

And again you totally miss the point the fastest way to have Zero crime it to have Zero police as there is no one to report crime to - It would be utterly pandemonium but the official stats would show Zero crime.

2 minutes ago, JMDP said:

Apparently, QPR and Millwall won't be kneeling but standing arm in arm now. Cowardice. 

I would have no problem with that, it's not a direct symbol of support for blm but it's an anti racism message so what's the problem.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Absolutely guaranteed that he knows full well that what he posted is total bollocks but will still keep spreading this vile rumour. That's a large part of why social media has been such a godsend for racists. Before they could maybe convince half a dozen people in a pub with their "evidence" that [insert minority group] were all wrong 'uns, now they can communicate with millions.

The Left, Centrists and moderate Right Wingers need to work together to debunk this bullshit, but I confess I'm not sure how, sadly. Especially as the latter group seem to have embraced the racists as useful idiots. Maybe a wider debate for another thread.

Edited by Bully Wee Villa

2 hours ago, rossi30 said:

There's some seriously out of touch opinions on here. Can't be bothered reading through every page but a comment that I saw on another forum sums it up for me... "I would 100% report anyone who racially abused somebody at a game, I 100% don't support blm" 

Personally if they're still doing it when fans are allowed back up here i'll be booing it.

You can boo it if you wish, that's your choice, but my guess is that there will be a reasonably sized queue of people within Fir Park lining up to give you a good hard rap in the pus for dragging their club's name through the dirt. That's their choice.

Just now, Jimi Shandrix said:

You can boo it if you wish, that's your choice, but my guess is that there will be a reasonably sized queue of people within Fir Park lining up to give you a good hard rap in the pus for dragging their club's name through the dirt. That's their choice.

Well no it's not their choice because that would be illegal, booing isn't.

Just now, Mr X said:

I could tell you but you clearly wont understand. And, none but I dont see how thats relevant

Well numerous people have given me abuse and I haven't said anything back that would break the rules so will they all be banned too? Or could it be that freedom of speech only applies to people who toe the line and share your opinion?

3 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

Why exactly would I be banned? Can you tell me what rules i've broken...

Posting fake news m7, very badly thought of here.

39 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

So you didn't see the 'kill a white on site' leaflets that were handed out in Dundee and Glasgow a few months ago?

33 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

It took me about two seconds to disprove the "BLM want to kill white people" conspirobollocks. Do you not have Google, or do you just not bother to check "facts" when you know that doing so would instantly disprove your fatuous argument?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/blm-flyer-enemy-of-people/

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

The politicization of the whole thing is undeniably a victory for the bigots. They have managed to drive this Marxism BS into the discourse, and have done so for reasons of racism (and their perceived right to be racist)

It's a shite that footballers have to take more of a stand than most, but they probably face more brazen, open racism than anyone else tbh. It's time for the players to go militant and walk right off the pitch IMO. Next time someone boos taking the knee, just walk off and concede the three points. Or better still both teams walk off and tell the FA they will play again BCD, until the fans get the message.

The FA and the clubs need to come out and back extreme action from the players though, which wont happen for fear of upsetting Sky.

Fairly sure the Marxist angle came from some US militant protesters that hijacked the name of the popular movement for their own radical/studenty political agenda. It was just a gift to the morons. 

1 hour ago, rossi30 said:

Show racism the red card, kick it out ect stand for opposing racism, why not show support for them? Instead we get a symbol of support for a movement that has some seriously questionable far left political views...

The knee is not a gesture of support for the above mentioned twats. It is a gesture of support for the popular movement and it's disingenuous to pretend otherwise. 

46 minutes ago, rossi30 said:

I said some of their core support are anti white, clearly you never saw the banners some of them had in the US? But like i've said it's just typical of the leftist types, he disagrees with us so he must be racist. No attempt to counter the valid points that i've made.

I'll counter each of your valid points in detail:

There

13 minutes ago, Binos said:

There used to be no police

They had to make up god and the ten commandments to stop people butchering their neighbours

It's worked a treat in that neck of the woods