Will matches without fans make better referees?

Will the lack of fans being at games put less pressure on refs and hopefully lead to fewer bad decisions from the referees or linesmen making more decisions during a game.( Normally linesmen or (assistant referees) seem to agree with a ref rather than assist them or make a decision)

Edited by Bigaldo
Spelling mistake

Just because they're not being called "the mason in the black" doesn't mean they're NOT the mason in the black.

It's like trees falling in forests when no-one's there to hear.......

I’m not convinced the lack of fans will lead to any improvement in referee performance.

We are stuck with incompetence and guess work for the foreseeable until something fundamentally changes in how referees are trained/prepared.

I don’t know how that can be done, but something has to change.

At some grounds like Tynecastle and Pittodrie fans probably do influence refs a bit, we shall see if it makes a difference.  

Home games for us usually see the fans getting on our players backs if things aren't going well.

3 hours ago, bennett said:

At some grounds like Tynecastle and Pittodrie fans probably do influence refs a bit, we shall see if it makes a difference.  

Home games for us usually see the fans getting on our players backs if things aren't going well.

Oh you, what are you like?

11 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

If this proves to be the case the SPFL will have to hurriedly introduce VAR to give the match officials 2 opportunities to give decisions to the Old Firm. 

You do realise despite all the the attacks we would have had last season we were 7th in the given penalty table. To Try and lump us with Sevco on this is ridiculous.

I’m not convinced the lack of fans will lead to any improvement in referee performance.
We are stuck with incompetence and guess work for the foreseeable until something fundamentally changes in how referees are trained/prepared.
I don’t know how that can be done, but something has to change.

Changes already, players not rolling around with fake injuries and getting up and on with the game.
Wonder if that’ll catch on when crowds are back.

On 12/07/2020 at 10:00, bennett said:

You certainly like a laugh, I’ll say that for you.

4 minutes ago, retired said:

Changes already, players not rolling around with fake injuries and getting up and on with the game.
Wonder if that’ll catch on when crowds are back.

That might be a benefit - a byproduct of the less intense atmosphere perhaps?

Still, I’m not confident referees will be any less grim than they currently are. 

Maybe the refs will make a difference but then 5 subs will negate that because the big teams don't have enough in their favour already.
Just said that to my son, farce if we allow it if we have a chance to say no, the gap is already huge to combat this would make it ridiculous