Conspiracy Theories

On 23/09/2023 at 13:47, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Yer boy looking good for a 130 year old man. 

20230923_134452.thumb.jpg.52cd7d8911e6c19aa2d4b3b58657ecba.jpg

Going by the nick of Bill these days, that is clearly an old photo. 20 years at least, so Adolph would only have been approximately 110 here. 

Notice how the fly b*****d has changed the side of his parting in an effort to avoid identification? 🤬

Out of interest, what is the actual conspiracy theory with 15 minute cities?

i’m guessing that ‘they’ will be forcing people to stay entirely within their allocated 15 minutes large zone or something like that? I’m not sure what the supposed purpose of that would be but is that the general gist of it?

16 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The scientists who developed mRNA technology that was used in some of the Covid vaccines have been awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine.  Looking forward to the 100% normal reaction this will provoke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66983060

"Heads straight to Le Tissiers social media "

On HS2, pal of mine said last night that he reckoned this stuff about cancelling the Birmingham/Manchester section is pish and Sunak is going to play the hero card this week by "announcing" that they're going ahead with it.  Would that qualify as a conspiracy or is it just typical misdirection (telling lies) for political gain?

50 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

i’m guessing that ‘they’ will be forcing people to stay entirely within their allocated 15 minutes large zone or something like that? I’m not sure what the supposed purpose of that would be but is that the general gist of it?

People think it will be used to reduce mobility outside of the 15 minute area.

Oxford started talking about the idea at the same time as introducing measures to stop cars using residential areas as rat-runs, with some areas having cameras fitted which will fine people for using these roads at peak times.  I think people conflated these two things.

I think the difficulty about 15 minute neighbourhoods is that the theory sounds great - smaller shops every fifteen minutes, GP surgeries around the corner etc - but the reality might be less so.  We barely have enough GPs as things stand, wouldn't this mean a significant expansion of them?  Are small shops in every neighbourhood economical?  My mother-in-law (Les Dawson gif) lives in a village that has all these things but the shop there is shit, we went to visit her the other day and she was complaining that they didn't have vegetables.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

The scientists who developed mRNA technology that was used in some of the Covid vaccines have been awarded the Nobel Prize for Medicine.  Looking forward to the 100% normal reaction this will provoke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-66983060

I once fell asleep on a train pished and woke up in Helensburgh. As my punishment from the drinking gods I was given a taxi driver who turned to me after a few minutes and said "see how these vaccines are mRNA, that's them changing your DNA". As far as I could tell his evidence for this was that both things contained "NA". 

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Best summary: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-15minute-city/fact-check-15-minute-city-is-an-urban-planning-concept-that-promotes-easy-access-to-essential-amenities-idUSL1N3622AL#

Recent UN discussion: https://unfccc.int/blog/the-15-minute-city

TL;DR - Some whack job conspiracy theorists took a chance to twist an urban planning concept into a plan to control the world.

Women signs up for deranged Freeman on the Land stuff, stops paying mortgage, gets evicted.

It's actually sad to watch this.  There are big social media accounts that push FotL pish and they must know that it's bollocks.  Then you get people who buy into it and lose their lives.

Women signs up for deranged Freeman on the Land stuff, stops paying mortgage, gets evicted.

It's actually sad to watch this.  There are big social media accounts that push FotL pish and they must know that it's bollocks.  Then you get people who buy into it and lose their lives.

I always laugh at grown virgins in the 40s & older screaming "I DO NOT CONSENT" at the polis as they get launched in the back of the van at their protest events. All because they were told it works, it clearly doesn't yet they persist !

21 hours ago, TxRover said:

Best summary: https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-15minute-city/fact-check-15-minute-city-is-an-urban-planning-concept-that-promotes-easy-access-to-essential-amenities-idUSL1N3622AL#

Recent UN discussion: https://unfccc.int/blog/the-15-minute-city

TL;DR - Some whack job conspiracy theorists took a chance to twist an urban planning concept into a plan to control the world.

In that case they've been at work in Scotland for decades. I know plenty of people who must only leave their own scheme maybe a handful of times a year. not like you need a man with a gun to enforce it!

The Vatican float your placenta on the stock exchange.

Just...what? Glad to hear her kids are not with her. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Extended version..

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwD_RuKNtgD/