Conspiracy Theories

20 hours ago, highlandmac said:

"Electronical"😂

Anyone know what was so special about the fourth of October that convinced this eejit that it had been selected for the biggest mass murder since the alleged flood?

I'm still here, by the way, and our "aloominm" foil remained in our kitchen cupboard.

8 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Anyone know what was so special about the fourth of October that convinced this eejit that it had been selected for the biggest mass murder since the alleged flood?

I'm still here, by the way, and our "aloominm" foil remained in our kitchen cupboard.

United States wide emergency alert system test on everyone’s cellphones.

35 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I hope your one worked better than ours. It was a bit of a shambles here; folk not getting it at all, or later than everyone else, or multiple times. 

It drove the QAnon types into a frenzy, so, yea, it worked fine. The actual event was a bit disjointed, with the first alert going out 2 minutes early to some, and the overall rollout took less time than expected. There's a rule/mandate this gets tested every three years (Trump Administration program), so we'll see more panic and wailing in 2026.

Hope the first plukey teenager who manages to get access to one of these emergency warning systems does a good job with the troll.

Get it right and an entire nation of people could struggle to look each other in the eye for years.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Has anyone made a conspiracy out of the fact that Russia tested their emergency response system at around the same time?

I didn't have any idea it was a national alarm. Florida and Ilinois you get the same thing (same beep noise as well) fairly often as a warning for mental weather and Amber Alerts (if you see car X, phone the cops - usually kidnapping). You'd have to think a fair amount of the tinfoil milliners would be in FL and they may not have noticed. 

30 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I didn't have any idea it was a national alarm. Florida and Ilinois you get the same thing (same beep noise as well) fairly often as a warning for mental weather and Amber Alerts (if you see car X, phone the cops - usually kidnapping). You'd have to think a fair amount of the tinfoil milliners would be in FL and they may not have noticed. 

When my sister was on holiday in Florida she got a text warning about 'falling iguanas'. Apparently if the temperature gets too cold the big lizards go into a coma and drop out of the trees.

1 hour ago, Zetterlund said:

When my sister was on holiday in Florida she got a text warning about 'falling iguanas'. Apparently if the temperature gets too cold the big lizards go into a coma and drop out of the trees.

IMG_0638.thumb.jpeg.3aab6c2e1ab32af968ea2fd96b0fa3db.jpeg

Genuine item.

Edit: As a bonus, the State of Florida also encouraged people to kill iguanas, in a humane manner, because they are over-populating. Recipes were offered by some members of the public.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/25/green-iguanas-florida-clarifies-message-kill-whenever-possible/1833420001/

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/the-ultimate-guide-to-cooking-an-iguana-13825120

Edited by TxRover

I got the alarm on my work phone but not my personal one. It was a bit of an odd experience because, firstly, I hadn't heard anything about it and secondly, I didn't know my work phone was in my jacket pocket on the back seat of the car as I was driving. Scared the bloody crap out of me. I was quite relieved to learn it was only a 5G Death Transmission.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

IMG_0638.thumb.jpeg.3aab6c2e1ab32af968ea2fd96b0fa3db.jpeg

Genuine item.

Edit: As a bonus, the State of Florida also encouraged people to kill iguanas, in a humane manner, because they are over-populating. Recipes were offered by some members of the public.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/07/25/green-iguanas-florida-clarifies-message-kill-whenever-possible/1833420001/

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/the-ultimate-guide-to-cooking-an-iguana-13825120

The clue here is Florida.

12 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

I've friends in Florida and one of them posted an iguana had fallen out tree in her garden. This is when I learned about this!

6 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Loads of iguana videos on YouTube. Some recipes but mostly people shooting at themwhich seems to be a new kind of state approved pastime.

Edited for clarity…Florida man is not an accurate shot.

On 05/10/2023 at 01:57, TommyDickFingers said:

I'm guessing everyone still here done the aloomium foil trick yesterday?

Genuinely, huge fan of the “fact” that whoever is behind this plot (presumably the new world order or something) are powerful enough that they can carry out a plan to kill everyone on earth, but they can’t work out a way around an incredibly widely available household item.