Conspiracy Theories

3 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

I spoke to a French lass last night who told me she doesn't eat spinach because the government puts nanobots in them. Anyone heard of this? I'm keeping clear for the meantime just in case.

She's getting confused because of the high iron content. Just tell her that's a myth - a decimal point ended up in the wrong place about a hundred years ago, and the image of spinach as full of iron stuck around. Spinach is no more likely to be full of nanobots than broccoli or sprouts.

...she's going to assume they're all full of nanobots, isn't she?

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

I spoke to a French lass last night who told me she doesn't eat spinach because the government puts nanobots in them. Anyone heard of this? I'm keeping clear for the meantime just in case.

I've watched enough Popeye to know there's definitely something suspicious in it.

9 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

She's one of these people who you lose all control of the conversation when you speak to them. She swiftly segued into the fact that she was immortal and knew that like she knew 1+1=2.

Tremendous. She could be our new Milky Gem.

Yeah, there really isn't any difference between crustaceans and insects - they're close relatives who just live in different environments. For the squeamish, they're also similarly alien-looking; I wasn't able to stomach a big paella feast of fully-intact King Prawn in Spain when I was a kid, for example.

Millions of people around the world regularly eat various types of insects, including Westerners - we use certain types of beetle in our foods already. It's been well publicised for years that it's a kind of protein that's might be part of the West's solution to the massive amount of cattle that we cultivate. There's no conspiracy; the option is coming.

I like giving new foodstuffs a go, so I've been quite looking forward to trying out things like locust for a while. Some things might be a bit beyond me, however.

@KnightswoodVanBear

Spoiler

Spider-Taste-Big-Eat-Food-Tarantula-Camb