Conspiracy Theories

On 02/06/2022 at 14:00, ICTChris said:

From what I've seen airlines and airports have staff difficulties because people left during Covid or have left due to Brexit.  Airlines are having big difficulties recruiting for the same reasons.  It's also half term in England last week and there are extra bank holidays so there's probably been much higher demand on airlines and airports and they haven't coped with it. 

My mother in law and her partner had their flights cancelled coming home from Majorca last week, they were told it was due to an IT fault with Easyjet.  They were literally in the plane, on the runway when they were told it was cancelled.  The queues to get paid for accomodation were massive so they just booked a flight with a different airline and their own hotel, they will claim it back.  It does seem suspect and I can't find any details on what the fault was but EasyJet have had issues with IT in the past that were blamed on heavy load so perhaps the post-Covid/half-term/Jubilee rush borked them.

Also, they could have asked cops to announce flight cancellations in case anyone got violent.

Apparently EasyJet is going to get worse because they binned everyone due to Covid.

https://inews.co.uk/news/easyjet-pilots-flight-disruption-letter-airline-ceo-1678290?ito=social_itw_theipaper&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1654842746

24 minutes ago, steve55 said:

This is a experiment on wifi:

Saw something similar with pyramids for seed germination and razor-blade sharpening in the early 90s. The strongly positive correlations they found then were undermined by methodology: no blinding, let alone proper double-blinding; selection of the observations that "worked"; and insufficient number of observations.

To paraphrase the great Homer J Simpson, you can provide evidence for anything with weakly-designed trials.

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

We have a parlour palm that's doing very well less than a metre from our router. One each at half time on shady evidence for something. 

Yes, Officer, it's a "parlour palm". The wi-fi has made it look like marijuana, that's all ...

5 minutes ago, steve55 said:

Snopes is hardly a good source lol

All i did was post what some teacher and his students did.

The fucking cheek considering some of the "sources" you've quoted in the past!  :lol:

2 hours ago, steve55 said:

Snopes is hardly a good source lol

All i did was post what some teacher and his students did.

You're right, Snopes, who have worldwide recognition for their fact based information and have recieved huge amounts of money from the James Randi Educational Foundation to continue the work they do is hardly a good source, but @ThorDeplorable from twitter is much more trustworthy. 

Here's one: a big part of Brexit was to focus the gammony Tory base inwards and make them more insular and more racist, in turn allowing the Tory party to blame immigrants/asylum seekers/foreigners/anyone not white for any of the failings of the country. The focus on big queues at airports (widely featured across news sources and social media as a lead story) is a major part of this strategy as they want to propagate that going abroad is a chore and a pain etc.

Obviously the real aim of Brexit was to strip away worker's rights and 'red tape' (safety for workers), and remove certain regulations in the banking sector, all to make more money, but it's handy to be able to blame nasty non white non English folk for all the bad stuff that Brexit will win whilst the morons who vote Tory cheer on the scum who are increasing their profits at the expense of said idiotic voters.

P.S. I've never denied killing John Lennon either.

Edited by DA Baracus

I'd like to think that, if I wanted to create a mural about a miscarriage of justice, I'd remember to mention the miscarriage of justice somewhere on it.

Y'know, so I might get some support from people 'n' shit.