Conspiracy Theories

1 minute ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I won't. Cannae even stomach the idea of eating a langoustine. 

There's always cannibalism.

I've touted it before, but it doesn't seem to be catching on. People are so snobby about nouvelle cuisine.

5 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's always cannibalism.

I've touted it before, but it doesn't seem to be catching on. People are so snobby about nouvelle cuisine.

I'll probably just stick to, like, mushrooms and tofu. 

Unless there's a BBQ on obviously. Then it's back on the seagull

Just now, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'll probably just stick to, like, mushrooms and tofu. 

Unless there's a BBQ on obviously. Then it's back on the seagull

I take it gulls must taste like absolute dugshite. People certainly don't avoid eating them due to lack of availability.

I've only had pigeon once, but I remember it being surprisingly good, so maybe I'll start putting traps out for those wee buggers. Fewer birds means more insects too, so win-win.

Just now, BFTD said:

I take it gulls must taste like absolute dugshite. People certainly don't avoid eating them due to lack of availability.

I've only had pigeon once, but I remember it being surprisingly good, so maybe I'll start putting traps out for those wee buggers. Fewer birds means more insects too, so win-win.

I hate pigeon. Too gamey. 

It's illegal to kill seagulls but, I dunno, I guess they'd taste alright depending on what they've been eating. If they're coastal and eating fish they probably taste alright. If it's a big Weegie fucker surviving on a diet of Blue Lagoon cast offs I'd steer clear.

I hate pigeon. Too gamey. 

It's illegal to kill seagulls but, I dunno, I guess they'd taste alright depending on what they've been eating. If they're coastal and eating fish they probably taste alright. If it's a big Weegie fucker surviving on a diet of Blue Lagoon cast offs I'd steer clear.
Gulls diets are basically anything dead or alive, I reckon they'll be pretty disgusting and full of parasites.
Having caught and gutted trout that feed around where gulls frequently crap, the trout are usually riddled with worms.

4 minutes ago, Loonytoons said:

Gulls diets are basically anything dead or alive, I reckon they'll be pretty disgusting and full of parasites.

Yeah, I've noticed they quite enjoy snacking on cat vomit.

Vile.

Thank you.

Food wastage in some countries and sectors currently runs at 40%.  The worlds farmers produce enough food to feed everyone in the entire world, I think with plenty to spare.

Maybe there could be some things we could do to improve hunger rather than immediately jumping to eat mealworms.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Food wastage in some countries and sectors currently runs at 40%.  The worlds farmers produce enough food to feed everyone in the entire world, I think with plenty to spare.

Maybe there could be some things we could do to improve hunger rather than immediately jumping to eat mealworms.

image.png.68d8b4a2351a044b08425ddaefb4813d.png

3 hours ago, welshbairn said:

If you don't sort everything it's better to do nothing.

I think it's safe to say that letting the class of people and corporations who have caused the crisis control the solutions - and specifically design the solutions to increase their wealth and power- is unlikely to have a positive outcome. 

Just like the energy crisis market based solutions aren't going to work. There is loads that can be done to create a more sustainable society but the WEF solution of simply pricing people out of their lifestyles will just lead to even more right wing populism if not outright fascism. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I agree with that but none of this is about hunger. 

The overt reason as BFTD says is emmisions but clearly there are oligarchs like Gates who see this as an opportunity to create a monopoly on food production hence the laws Canada, Ireland and the Netherlands are introducing and the weird policies the Tories have introduced about buying up farmland.

18 minutes ago, Detournement said:

I think it's safe to say that letting the class of people and corporations who have caused the crisis control the solutions - and specifically design the solutions to increase their wealth and power- is unlikely to have a positive outcome. 

Just like the energy crisis market based solutions aren't going to work. There is loads that can be done to create a more sustainable society but the WEF solution of simply pricing people out of their lifestyles will just lead to even more right wing populism if not outright fascism. 

I don't think we get to "let" them do anything, unfortunately.

Fascism's definitely going to be the answer, one way or the other. That always goes well; should be fun.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I don't think we get to "let" them do anything, unfortunately.

Fascism's definitely going to be the answer, one way or the other. That always goes well; should be fun.

I vote for the version envisaged by our foremost postwar futurists. 

img_0415.png.a33a17b00778cbebe7f66561f64c7c77.png