UEFA Champions League 20-21

GNU_Linux

Chelsea probably shaded that half. If I was Pep I'd be pushing Sterling through the middle, dropping KDB into the middle and Foden out wide.
Ideally though, if be putting Aguero on. 
Edit : right at that, Havertz has the freedom of the whole half. [emoji38]
I thought Chelsea started the better (much better) but then City got control. Thought Chelsea were looking a bit toothless and a bit under pressure in the last 10 minutes - but that goal changes everything.

I think Chelsea deserve to be up. Werner hasn't been great, but at least he's working the Man City backline and pulling them around a bit, and getting in the box. Man City don't have a focal point and everything is in front of the Chelsea backline.

Lovely pass from Mount.
Remember when everyone thought Mason Mount was only in the team because of Lampard? He's been tremendous in this half.
He's one of those English players that has been hyped massively, and therefore a lot of folk up here have went so far the other way.

But him and foden are both top class players, and they're only going to get better (said with an ominous tone).

I think Chelsea deserve to be up. Werner hasn't been great, but at least he's working the Man City backline and pulling them around a bit, and getting in the box. Man City don't have a focal point and everything is in front of the Chelsea backline.
The midfielder as a "false 9" shite reeks of trying to look like a clever manager, rather than trying to put a team on the park to win a football match.

3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Chelsea could do so much better than werner.

Werner is an all round quality player. He might miss some chances but when you get players around him he creates a lot, both through direct assists and his movement.

Even at the goal tonight, when the ball first goes out wide it's Werner who's in the centre of the pitch. His run outside drags a defender with him and creates the space for Havertz.

Guardiola has fucked up massively with that starting line-up and leaving out Fernandinho/Rodri. You can understand that he wants to avoid getting bogged down like in the Fa Cup semi, but Chelsea are walking through that midfield on the counter and if they had even a modest upgrade on Werner, they'd be 2 or 3 ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 minutes ago, GAD said:

The midfielder as a "false 9" shite reeks of trying to look like a clever manager, rather than trying to put a team on the park to win a football match.

Yeah, I mean obviously big successful teams have used it to win competitions, but sometimes, like today, it looks really blunt when nobody seems to be taking the responsibility to be the "9".