COVID-19 In Scottish Football

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Football potentially being suspended in England should not necessarily correlate to the same happening in Scotland. At least not for a significant amount of time. We are not at the level of crisis that England are seeing and really, shouldn't ever get to that stage seeing as we have gone into the same levels of restrictions at the same time but  from a lower starting point.

Hopefully in a few weeks, this will lead to reductions in case numbers being seen again that will lead to any suspensions being minimal. 

St Mirren being still in with a chance of winning League Cup wouldn't be clouding your judgement would it now? 

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

St Mirren being still in with a chance of winning League Cup wouldn't be clouding your judgement would it now? 

St Mirren would still be in with a chance of winning the League Cup if they suspended the season, just like your club did with the Scottish Cup until they turned up at Hampden and bent over in front of Celtic as usual.

Edited by craigkillie

Don't really see the point of suspending football unless we start to see outbreaks within it. Players and staff are being regularly tested and so far, touch wood, there's no sign of mass outbreaks and higher prevalence of the virus that we're seeing in the rest of the country.

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Honestly never even considered it. I don't think there would be too much chance of the season being binned outright, merely postponed. 

If anything, my judgement should be clouded towards postponement as Id love the chance of getting to see it live rather than the fucking group chat me and my mates have got organised to at least pretend we are watching the semi in some sort of social capacity. 

There is very little argument for playing below the full time pro level. At that level it's work, the main source of income, and given the social benefits (christ it's about the only thing we can still look forward to) to the wider community sport in general and football in particular to us on here provides, it should continue. At part time or hobby level, there is very little argument to keep going.

We all know though that the two cheeks situation means it will continue up here at least to a stage where a "winner" can be declared.

There is very little argument for playing below the full time pro level. At that level it's work, the main source of income, and given the social benefits (christ it's about the only thing we can still look forward to) to the wider community sport in general and football in particular to us on here provides, it should continue. At part time or hobby level, there is very little argument to keep going.

We all know though that the two cheeks situation means it will continue up here at least to a stage where a "winner" can be declared.

I don't understand this post - you've just said you think full-time football is fine, so what do the "two cheeks" have to do with anything. They'd be playing on regardless of whether part-time football stopped.

I don't understand this post - you've just said you think full-time football is fine, so what do the "two cheeks" have to do with anything. They'd be playing on regardless of whether part-time football stopped.
I do think it's fine. Nothing hard to understand in pointing out that the powers that be will not can it as it in no way makes any difference to my opinion that pro football is fine to continue. It's MY opinion it isn't necessarily how anyone else thinks SPFL included. I just don't see them calling it a day if at all until "winners" and "losers" can be called if that was how they were leaning which at this time they are not.

Nothing surprises me about Celtic this season and the utter fuckwittery of those in charge, if it is indeed someone returning from Dubai then we learned nothing from the earlier outbreaks.

Best wishes to the player though hopefully it’s not too severe

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Nothing surprises me about Celtic this season and the utter fuckwittery of those in charge, if it is indeed someone returning from Dubai then we learned nothing from the earlier outbreaks.

Best wishes to the player though hopefully it’s not too severe

There are guys on kerrydale claiming Leitch in the Scottish Government was making numbers up to make Celtic look bad. He quoted 5,000 UAE cases in the last 24 hours. It's actually 5,000 in 48 hours. But hey, that proves it's all a conspiracy against Celtic. They do all they can to avoid how Celtic themselves have handled this.

From how the title has gone to the Dubai travel, it seems the Board at Parkhead has lost any focus at all. Almost like they dont care anymore.