COVID-19 In Scottish Football

29 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

The lack of cases in Scottish football is more to do with clubs not reporting the cases to the press than no cases being present.

So you mean to say that clubs are ignoring positive covid tests and allowing players to play? Or they are attributing their absence to a different reason?

Yeah, I'm not buying that at all.

1 hour ago, monthelie' said:

Couple of reporters whining on the lunchtime update about football being allowed to continue. I think if it gets any worse, the wee boot wont hesitate to suspend professional sport. 

Only window licking wallopers will take you seriously if you're referring to her as a "boot" or Kranky etc. 

While I don't think professional full time football needs to stop there's certainly a reasonable case for part time having to stop. Guys going to their work, playing football without any tests etc. 

I'd love to win the 10 on the park but public health must come first. I am sure that Rangers will fully agree that null and void is the only possible outcome here. Remember, it should be won on the park, not awarded in a board room.

We should rip up our park anyway just in case.

E993C206-95E7-4B6F-BED3-06B33CDB8A07.png

12 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I'd love to win the 10 on the park but public health must come first. I am sure that Rangers will fully agree that null and void is the only possible outcome here. Remember, it should be won on the park, not awarded in a board room.

We should rip up our park anyway just in case.

E993C206-95E7-4B6F-BED3-06B33CDB8A07.png

Rangers wanted the 19/20 season played to a finish. That was the stance the club took. Additionally, Steve Bruce, manages in a league that actually did finish their season despite the initial Covid disruption.

It's very pleasing to see Celtic fans push this narrative recently. Regardless if there is a pause, now that clubs have testing in place, I would imagine that the season will be played to a finish.

2 hours ago, monthelie' said:

Couple of reporters whining on the lunchtime update about football being allowed to continue. I think if it gets any worse, the wee boot wont hesitate to suspend professional sport. 

No idea who you mean - but the emperor Caligula died in 41 AD.

Just now, AJF said:

It's very pleasing to see Celtic fans push this narrative recently. Regardless if there is a pause, now that clubs have testing in place, I would imagine that the season will be played to a finish.

It's mostly just a wind up technique to be fair.

21 minutes ago, AJF said:

Agreed, but it's pleasing to know that deep down they are actually hoping the league does get called to a halt.

I’ll be honest, last season I was totally opposed to this but pleased to admit to being wrong. I’ve thought about this long and hard and agree it should be cancelled.  😉

Football potentially being suspended in England should not necessarily correlate to the same happening in Scotland. At least not for a significant amount of time. We are not at the level of crisis that England are seeing and really, shouldn't ever get to that stage seeing as we have gone into the same levels of restrictions at the same time but  from a lower starting point.

Hopefully in a few weeks, this will lead to reductions in case numbers being seen again that will lead to any suspensions being minimal. 

9 hours ago, monthelie' said:

P&B: A forum of iconoclasts where every politician is fair game.
Also P&B: A forum where grown men start to greet if you call the self-styled Chief Mammy a bad name.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Football potentially being suspended in England should not necessarily correlate to the same happening in Scotland. At least not for a significant amount of time. We are not at the level of crisis that England are seeing and really, shouldn't ever get to that stage seeing as we have gone into the same levels of restrictions at the same time but  from a lower starting point.

Hopefully in a few weeks, this will lead to reductions in case numbers being seen again that will lead to any suspensions being minimal. 

If your claim is that the situation will improve soon in Scotland then that's an argument for suspending football right now, not against it. While the general public are being pleaded with not to leave the house, to avoid all non-essential travel, to not to interact with more than one single person outdoors, the notion that seven tiers of Scottish football clubs can go travel up and down the country as normal for the purpose of what is, fundamentally, an inconsequential sport is risible. Once those wider restrictions are lifted then professional football should of course be given the green light to proceed.

Edited by vikingTON