EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

How's that one not a penalty? His arm is in exactly the same position as Gomez's was.
I thought the Liverpool player's arm was outstretched whereas the City player had his arm across his chest. Both right calls for me.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
12 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:
How's that one not a penalty? His arm is in exactly the same position as Gomez's was.

I thought the Liverpool player's arm was outstretched whereas the City player had his arm across his chest. Both right calls for me.

Is it more natural for your arm to be sticking out as you're running or for it to be across your chest as you jump?

FWIW, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your take, more the utterly ridiculous assessment by officials/law makers of what is and isn't a "natural position".

1 minute ago, Mark Connolly said:

Is it more natural for your arm to be sticking out as you're running or for it to be across your chest as you jump?

FWIW, I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your take, more the utterly ridiculous assessment by officials/law makers of what is and isn't a "natural position".

Its not judged on "natural position", its judged on your "silhouette".

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its not judged on "natural position", its judged on your "silhouette".

The Law actually says

touches the ball with their hand/arm when:

the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger

and that it's not an offence

if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally bigger

Now I'll accept that Cancelo hasn't made his arm unnaturally bigger, but surely the same must be said for Gomez? His arm is in a natural position for someone who is running, which he was.

6 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

The Law actually says

and that it's not an offence

Now I'll accept that Cancelo hasn't made his arm unnaturally bigger, but surely the same must be said for Gomez? His arm is in a natural position for someone who is running, which he was.

I understand you've got this troll shtick on the go just now, but there's a line between trolling and just coming across as thick.

EmUTGHpWMAApsmH.thumb.jpeg.af10080cb1d0fcf83a4e0d3dbbeefe80.jpeg

Watching on Bein Sports..... Keys and Gray.

Yuk.
Astro Supersport from Malaysia for me, Darke and Townsend.

Villa deservedly well ahead, been excellent right from the start.

Arsenal have been woeful, but this is just what you expect from them now. Go to Old Trafford and win fairly comfortably, then get reamered at home the next week.

Just seen Bamford's disallowed goal for Leeds on Saturday. What an absolute joke.
The worst thing is that VAR have taken Bamford's line as the end of his shirt sleeve whilst the defenders line has been taken from the shoulder. Surely both need to be taken from the same place?

Just now, Mr. Alli said:

Imagine how good he'd be if he wore shorts that fit him. He'd get a full range of motion in those legs. 

And pulled his socks up properly.