EPL 20/21

Derry Alli

Clear and obvious?  What happened to that
I wonder what all these hideously bad decisions we are being saved from are that make this nonsense worthwhile.

Seriously, surely no one, anywhere thinks VAR represents a net improvement in football.

Absolute shite.

Even if you think that should be offside, there were numerous chances for villa to defend that. Yet if someone launches one in the top bin from a free kick won by a dive, VAR won't even consider that. Pure pish

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I wonder what all these hideously bad decisions we are being saved from are that make this nonsense worthwhile.

Seriously, surely no one, anywhere thinks VAR represents a net improvement in football.

Absolute shite.

Even if you think that should be offside, there were numerous chances for villa to defend that. Yet if someone launches one in the top bin from a free kick won by a dive, VAR won't even consider that. Pure pish

They are showing the replay again and there are so many questions.  The way the camera angles are, you can't definitively determine when the pass is played, you can't definitvely determine that Cash did NOT touch the ball, and Jota is apparently offside by his wrist

Burnley a goal up early on v Newcastle, who were hoping for a penalty through a VAR review, it was the sort of challenge with a foot at head height that would be a free kick anywhere else on the pitch. Surprised it wasn't given tbh.

I know a still picture makes it look worse and Tarkowski clearly played it first, but if that's on the halfway line the ref gives a foul imo.20210411_124553.jpg

Yeah I'm scratching my head at how that's not a foul.

Can't use the "won the ball first" excuse either, as we are repeatedly told the follow through needs to be controlled these days, and you see plenty fouls / red cards in those situations.

I don't understand why the ref doesn't go to the monitor to make his own mind up either.

VAR is meant to reduce the number of incorrect and controversial decisions, but if it's going to continue to cause just as many as it solves then I don't see the point.

Kick man in head today "he won the ball first, no red card, no foul. " 

Kick man on knee yesterday : "he won the ball first but its a dangerous tackle, revoke yellow and give a red". 

Edited by Mr. Alli

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Kick man in head today "he won the ball first, no red card, no foul. " 

Kick man on knee yesterday : "he won the ball first but its a dangerous tackle, revoke yellow and give a red". 

Mike Riley is an absolute cheating weapon, it is his fault that VAR in England has been an utter shambles & he needs emptied quickly.