Playoff Semi Final , 18th October 2020

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:
8 minutes ago, ropy said:
The ref stopped the game twice after Israeli goal kicks, is there a rule that they must be played forward? 

It was because one of our players was in the box each time.

I see, ta 

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

O’Donnell made that Elhamed look like season 2001-02 Zidane and Andy Robetson made their right-back look like Roberto Carlos.

Embarrassing how brutal we were last night.

its even more brutal playing well and losing 

also their wee right back looks a player tbh

Edited by greenockraver

Just now, greenockraver said:

he has been superb against us . and against andy robertson thats no mean feat. 

Defo, he looked a smashing wee player last night..... I heard Crocker say he had kept Robertson quiet in the game 5 weeks ago.

6 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

Hate how we've made it to the final and don't have to face Halaand & Norway... yet all we seem to want to do is circle jerk about how *amazing* Serbia are. They're a step up, but they're hardly 2010 Spain. Calm down, we have a decent chance here.

Their quality is almost not the point. It's how absolutely horrific we've been in recent games. We managed to get away with it due to playing honking opponents, but Serbia are a step up and so will almost certainly smash us.

We didn't have a single shot on target at home against Israel. How are we going to beat a Serbia?

3 hours ago, Aufc said:

Genuinely couldnt give a f**k if scotland got horsed 3-0 every game at the euros. Just qualifying for a tournament would be fucking magic. Spent a fortune travelling to see Scotland mostly getting hammered all over europe.

Although it is typical that we will qualify and there will be no fans allowed at the games.

Even if fans are allowed, we won't be playing across Europe if we qualify. We'll get to play at Hampden and one at Wembley. Joy.

2 hours ago, ropy said:

I thought VAR was meant to interrupt the game all night, but nothing?

I think even VAR was bored with that gash.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Their quality is almost not the point. It's how absolutely horrific we've been in recent games. We managed to get away with it due to playing honking opponents, but Serbia are a step up and so will almost certainly smash us.

We didn't have a single shot on target at home against Israel. How are we going to beat a Serbia?

Penalties.

20 hours ago, greenockraver said:

Its nice to have some tedious success instead of glorious failure for once

People keep saying this as if glorious failure is our thing.  

We've not even had any of that for ages.  Abject, pitiful failure is our thing.

My biggest fear at the moment is beating Serbia and then the whole thing gets scrapped due to Covid, rather than it just being played behind closed doors.

Have UEFA confirmed what the plans are if the virus is still a major thing next summer?

My biggest fear at the moment is beating Serbia and then the whole thing gets scrapped due to Covid, rather than it just being played behind closed doors.

Have UEFA confirmed what the plans are if the virus is still a major thing next summer?

They haven't said anything, but there's no way they'll bin it off. If there are still issues I reckon they'll play the whole thing in somewhere like Germany behind closed doors.