Scottish Infrastructure

jamamafegan

Quelle surprise: those CalMac ferries building in Port Glasgow, now running 6-7 years late and now costing £380m against the original £97m are delayed another 5 months - and need another £24m (plus additional £20m 'contingency funding')... corridors built too narrow + insufficient stairwells.

Their passenger capacities are also being reduced by 15%.

Ferguson shipyard: Ferry costs rise again after safety changes ordered - BBC News

26 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Quelle surprise: those CalMac ferries building in Port Glasgow, now running 6-7 years late and now costing £380m against the original £97m are delayed another 5 months - and need another £24m (plus additional £20m 'contingency funding')... corridors built too narrow + insufficient stairwells.

Ferguson shipyard: Ferry costs rise again after safety changes ordered - BBC News

Wegies gonna wege 

38 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

The levels of incompetence in this project are incredible. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

The levels of incompetence in this project are incredible. 

While Hanlon’s Razor is certainly in play here, it surely seems the existence of an investigation about allegations of bid rigging suggest incompetence may not be the lead story here.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

While Hanlon’s Razor is certainly in play here, it surely seems the existence of an investigation about allegations of bid rigging suggest incompetence may not be the lead story here.

^^^ Contributing absolutely nothing, as usual. 

52 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Just can’t get me out of his mind…living rent free.

It's best to just put "Dr" Cyril Sneer on Ignore, if they don't get to win the Internet on an hourly basis, they get very baselessly condescending. Ainsley & clown, among other insults, will follow but thankfully unless some other bollock quotes him I will have no idea what he is ranting about. His wee pet Saintee pal will downvote this post, which will say more about them than me. I remember the good old days when you could set your watch on 7 reddys from the clique.

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

It's best to just put "Dr" Cyril Sneer on Ignore, if they don't get to win the Internet on an hourly basis, they get very baselessly condescending. Ainsley & clown, among other insults, will follow but thankfully unless some other bollock quotes him I will have no idea what he is ranting about. His wee pet Saintee pal will downvote this post, which will say more about them than me. I remember the good old days when you could set your watch on 7 reddys from the clique.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Your ignore strategy clearly hasn't worked very well chump.

We already have a dedicated sub forum where 

Rangers and Celtic fans can goad each other in here in this specially designated area. Keep it out of the main forum please, nobody else is interested!

maybe we should have another one specially designated for people to argue about whether virginton is an arsehole or isn’t an arsehole

9 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We already have a dedicated sub forum where 

Rangers and Celtic fans can goad each other in here in this specially designated area. Keep it out of the main forum please, nobody else is interested!

maybe we should have another one specially designated for people to argue about whether virginton is an arsehole or isn’t an arsehole

That’s hardly fair, it’d be more like a dedicated Rangers and Bonar Bridge forum.

19 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

Not sure why you've brought me into it, unless you're referring to someone else.

Suppose I may as well live up to my reputation!

11 hours ago, CarrbridgeSaintee said:

Not sure why you've brought me into it, unless you're referring to someone else.

Suppose I may as well live up to my reputation!

Could have been any Saintee, how are your alter egos going since Tynie clocked your IP running with 3 usernames? Just asking, like.

38 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

South Koreans in better at building ships than people from Inverclyde shock

I don’t blame the shipbuilders of Inverclyde. Might as well milk the Scottish Government for all they can get. It’s not like they’re likely to get any further orders. Unless the Scottish Government are after some more ferries.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

Apparently it's easy to build ferries.

Which then didn't sail because of a bit of wind on its second day, and needed the old boat to sub in for it.

Still, the nonsense up here is beyond a joke.

3 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

South Koreans in better at building ships than people from Port Glasgow, shock

FTFY.

If it were #Greenock Boys building them they'd have more boats than government scandals by now.

Edited by ClydeTon
Typo