Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

He's booked for Pittodrie...

Nah, he'll end up at some dross outfit like Sheffield Wednesday next.

You've got Glass to look forward to.

Sounds like Celtic have agreed with Maresca, but it's dependent on getting the right structure in above him.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Nah, he'll end up at some dross outfit like Sheffield Wednesday next.

You've got Glass to look forward to.

Sounds like Celtic have agreed with Maresca, but it's dependent on getting the right structure in above him.

Not quite sure where you are getting the information it’s agreed with Maresca, talk of him has cooled significantly in recent weeks with all the Jesse Marsch talk.

Not to say it couldn’t be Maresca and if Harkin is appointed DoF it would point more towards him but nothing has been agreed with anyone as far as I’m aware

20 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Not quite sure where you are getting the information it’s agreed with Maresca, talk of him has cooled significantly in recent weeks with all the Jesse Marsch talk.

Not to say it couldn’t be Maresca and if Harkin is appointed DoF it would point more towards him but nothing has been agreed with anyone as far as I’m aware

It sounds like Harkin’s appointment is close. Looks a good appointment as he has a strong track record, may bring his own staff and therefore proven infrastructure with him and the bonus of him being from Donegal therefore a ‘Celtic man’ totally plays to the gallery.

Has Jesse Marsch not distanced himself from the role in recent days ?

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

After saying he was honoured to be linked with the Celtic job apparently he phoned Celtic to rule himself out, all in the same day.

:lol:

"Hello is that Celtic? Yes, just to let you know I'm not interested in the job you haven't offered me."

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

:lol:

"Hello is that Celtic? Yes, just to let you know I'm not interested in the job you haven't offered me."

I suppose it stops the endless speculation and the media  can move on to make up mere bullshite. 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He’s likely going to use Austria as a spring-board to the Bundesliga so won’t see any natural career progression in coming to Scotland.

Managers get payed to do a job it doesn't matter if it's Qatar China or Scotland. 

44 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I suppose it stops the endless speculation and the media  can move on to make up mere bullshite. 

Managers get payed to do a job it doesn't matter if it's Qatar China or Scotland. 

I think Desmond should dip deep into his pockets and offer to double either Pep or Klopp’s wages then - it’s a no brainier.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It sounds like Harkin’s appointment is close. Looks a good appointment as he has a strong track record, may bring his own staff and therefore proven infrastructure with him and the bonus of him being from Donegal therefore a ‘Celtic man’ totally plays to the gallery.

Has Jesse Marsch not distanced himself from the role in recent days ?

We aren’t getting Marsch, with rumours now that Marco Rose is about to get the bullet he’s without doubt going to the Bundesliga with opportunities at Schalke and possibly RBL or BMG a real option for him.

What it did do though was cool the Maresca talk so I was asking why someone was under the impression something was agreed with him not as a challenge but I was genuinely intrigued as to what has been heard to suggest it’s that close

Don’t get me wrong I’m not opposed to it, with him and Harkin there will be a long term vision at least so he will have to be given time if it is him and Harkin

Just don’t be Roy Keane

Edited by Jinky67

Would imagine Celtic will announce the DOF sometime during the international break. Season ticket renewals must be soon, surely? Celtic fans will want a few answers on the direction the club is taking before that.

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

We aren’t getting Marsch, with rumours now that Marco Rose is about to get the bullet he’s without doubt going to the Bundesliga with opportunities at Schalke and possibly RBL or BMG a real option for him.

What it did do though was cool the Maresca talk so I was asking why someone was under the impression something was agreed with him not as a challenge but I was genuinely intrigued as to what has been heard to suggest it’s that close

Don’t get me wrong I’m not opposed to it, with him and Harkin there will be a long term vision at least so he will have to be given time if it is him and Harkin

Just don’t be Roy Keane

That’s what I said in a subsequent post about Marsch mate.

Maresca has worked with Harkin before so a tried a tested combination - you mate need to be patient though to maximise benefit as may not click overnight. Your whole infrastructure needs reviewed and changed and given time, these guys could be a success.

Keane will appeal to an element of your support but I don’t think it’s the right move.

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think Desmond should dip deep into his pockets and offer to double either Pep or Klopp’s wages then - it’s a no brainier.

Managers that are already at clubs that play in the champions league don't need to come to Celtic but the ones that want to manage in the champions league after next seasons league win will.

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Hypocrite.

Lennon was given time he fucked it. 

A new manager isn’t starting from a position of strength like Lennon did so the goals will be different.

Hes also an odious little p***k who should never have been the manager in the first place 

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Lennon was given time he fucked it. 

A new manager isn’t starting from a position of strength like Lennon did so the goals will be different.

Hes also an odious little p***k who should never have been the manager in the first place 

We're not posting about Lennon that is done and dusted M8, we are posting about the next manager(head coach) no grace given.
If hes out of Europe or doesn't win the league by your own expectations he gets the sack.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We're not posting about Lennon that is done and dusted M8, we are posting about the next manager(head coach) no grace given.
If hes out of Europe or doesn't win the league by your own expectations he gets the sack.

Why do you twist people's words to insinuate they've said something they haven't?

I’m In no way a Celtic fan but Christ if they get the axed Preston manager then that just shows where Scottish football is at the moment , Celtic are a much bigger club than Preston and shouldn’t be taking there off cuts , fwiw I don’t think they will actually go for Neil 

Edited by Rcfc fan