Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My gran could have managed Celtic to the titles that Neil Lennon and Ronny Deila did. They may have won the titles, but that was the very minimum that was expected and they had some stumbles along the way that a more astute manager would have avoided. 

The difference that someone of Brendan Rodgers calibre made was that he won his titles in style. The rest of the league could hardly lay a glove on Celtic under Rodgers.

The appointment of Roy Keane would basically be hilarious, as he is from the same school of management as Lennon. Make it happen.

8 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Presumably there's a reason why Celtic appear to be planning on getting relegated next season?

Obviously jealous of the champions Petrofac Cup, imho.

10 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

My gran could have managed Celtic to the titles that Neil Lennon and Ronny Deila did. They may have won the titles, but that was the very minimum that was expected and they had some stumbles along the way that a more astute manager would have avoided.

Got to say I don't buy the "anyone could have won those titles" claim. I think it's insulting to the rest of the chasing pack. Not that Celtic didn't have a big advantage, of course.

10 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This is Celtic's very own Alan Stubbs moment. 

c**t comes in, pisses everyone off in double quick time and sails off into the sunset with a P45 and a big wad of moolah. 

It absolutely has that vibe, doesn't it? Are we sure he's not being spoken to for some other role in the club, like an ambassador or director of football? Out of work for ages, bad temperament in public and a very questionable record makes for a very odd managerial appointment.

7 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I still refuse to laugh at Keane until it’s official. As struggling to get my head round why he’d be seriously considered. 

The reasons are quite simple 

he ticks the Celtic boards boxes of manager requirements . Tactical awareness such as Brendan Rodgers was just an added unexpected  bonus 

5 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The reasons are quite simple 

he ticks the Celtic boards boxes of manager requirements . Tactical awareness such as Brendan Rodgers was just an added unexpected  bonus 

A bit like spending years building up Ally Mccoist as the chosen one then.

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

A bit like spending years building up Ally Mccoist as the chosen one then.

Well no two completely different scenarios 

McCoist had spent the previous 6 years working as Smiths assistant during successful spells with Scotland and us . I mean he was part of the set up which landed us 3 titles in a row and got us to a European final . 

We had hopes that he had learned his trade and picked up some of the qualities of Smith in that time but of course this turned out to be very wrong.

celtic are going for a guy who has spent the last ten years arguing with Jamie Redknapp and telling everyone On a weekly basis who he would be swinging for in the changing room 

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Well no two completely different scenarios 

McCoist had spent the previous 6 years working as Smiths assistant during successful spells with Scotland and us . I mean he was part of the set up which landed us 3 titles in a row and got us to a European final . 

We had hopes that he had learned his trade and picked up some of the qualities of Smith in that time but of course this turned out to be very wrong.

celtic are going for a guy who has spent the last ten years arguing with Jamie Redknapp and telling everyone On a weekly basis who he would be swinging for in the changing room 

Oooft. You almost pulled @Dons_1988 in to the North Sea there.

47 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I still refuse to laugh at Keane until it’s official. As struggling to get my head round why he’d be seriously considered. 

He's "Celtic Minded", Paddy. Played for the RoI. Got a chip on his shoulder. A bit mental. Ticks all the boxes, imo.

51 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You've clearly forgotten the role of 'Celtic-minded' top trumps in everything that football club does then. A clear downgrade from oppressed Northern Irish Catholic Neil Lennon of course, but it's difficult to see how they could have topped that all-time high score. 

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

You've clearly forgotten the role of 'Celtic-minded' top trumps in everything that football club does then. A clear downgrade from oppressed Northern Irish Catholic Neil Lennon of course, but it's difficult to see how they could have topped that all-time high score. 

James Mclean as player manager ?

Edited by Forever_blueco

I'm looking forward to see what kind of marketing slogans Celtic will use alongside the announcement of Keane to build the hype and sell season tickets.

"Join the Keane Machine and secure your seat in Paradise NOW"

"Don't be coy, get on board with Roy! Use the code ROYSREBELARMY for a 5% discount on all Celtic products".

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm looking forward to see what kind of marketing slogans Celtic will use alongside the announcement of Keane to build the hype and sell season tickets.

"Join the Keane Machine and secure your seat in Paradise NOW"

"Don't be coy, get on board with Roy! Use the code ROYSREBELARMY for a 5% discount on all Celtic products".

Not as eye catching as an orange strip, that's for sure.