Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fairly high profile Celtic fan (27k followers) is saying Harkin is the new DOF, Roy Keane is the new manager, and Nicky Butt will be his assistant...

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly high profile Celtic fan (27k followers) is saying Harkin is the new DOF, Roy Keane is the new manager, and Nicky Butt will be his assistant...

Just announced also Nicky Butt has quit as head of first team development at Man U

Please f**k no

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Paul the Tim?

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Paul the Tim?

No idea?

Paul John Dykes so maybe? I don't really follow OF fans enough to know who's well known gobshites etc., just seen a sensible Celtic account I follow talking about it as if it has substance.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

No idea?

Paul John Dykes so maybe? I don't really follow OF fans enough to know who's well known gobshites etc., just seen a sensible Celtic account I follow talking about it as if it has substance.

Ah no, Paul John Dykes hosts a podcast. Paul the Tim is a guy who's some kind of Celtic superfan.

Roy Keane in charge would be... interesting.

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Ah no, Paul John Dykes hosts a podcast. Paul the Tim is a guy who's some kind of Celtic superfan.

recipe for disaster imo.

Can Nicky Butt be for Keane what Beale is for Gerrard and can Keane allow his ego to allow him to have input?

I hope he proves me wrong

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, G51 said:

It would be brilliant fun for the rest of us tbh. He's effectively just Neil Lennon as a manager, good early impact as he brings about a response, then his management style begins to grate, then annoy, the squad and he completely loses them. Tactics are irrelevant.

Best bit will be the delighted Celtic fans based on "kicking arses" and "not taking any shit", IMO.

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

recipe for disaster imo.

Can Nicky Butt be for Keane what Beale is for Gerrard and cant Keane allow his ego to allow him to have imput

I hope he proves me wrong

Keane will have an ego, the same as Gerrard does - if you were that good a player, then you will have one.

I know absolutely f**k all about Nicky Butt's coaching career. He could be great, he could be shite. A wildcard.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It would be brilliant fun for the rest of us tbh. He's effectively just Neil Lennon as a manager, good early impact as he brings about a response, then his management style begins to grate, then annoy, the squad and he completely loses them. Tactics are irrelevant.

Best bit will be the delighted Celtic fans based on "kicking arses" and "not taking any shit", IMO.

Been a long time since he was in management. Will be interesting to see if he's softened any working with O' Neill. Eamon Dunphy was pretty aggressive about him a few years back: https://www.joe.ie/sport/eamon-dunphy-launched-blistering-attack-roy-keane-630941

On 22/03/2021 at 11:58, Rcfc fan said:

I’m In no way a Celtic fan but Christ if they get the axed Preston manager then that just shows where Scottish football is at the moment , Celtic are a much bigger club than Preston and shouldn’t be taking there off cuts , fwiw I don’t think they will actually go for Neil 

From one set of invincibles to another...

Edited by Jacksgranda
Sleppnig

On 22/03/2021 at 12:35, AJF said:

I won't claim to speak for Jinky, but given that his own words were that the goals for any incoming manager will be different to those which Lennon had, then it appears you are wrong.

Lennon inherited an all-conquering Celtic side that was lightyears ahead of the competition in Scotland. He then proceeded to turn that team into a shadow of itself due to his coaching and lack of tactical awareness.

Don't get me wrong, Rangers improved massively under Gerrard and I think it would've been a tall order for Celtic to win the league this season even if they had a semi-competent manager, but the manner in which Celtic rolled over and accepted second best this season is largely down to Lennon.

Any incoming manager for Celtic will be in a similar position to Gerrard when he arrived at Rangers in my opinion. They clearly had the potential to do a lot better than they were, they just needed the right manager/coaching team to elevate them. I'd be very surprised if the next Celtic manager is sacked for failing to win the league unless it is a similar scudding to the one they've taken this season (which I doubt it will be because any manager coming in is likely to be superior to Lennon).

F***, you've done it now...

9 minutes ago, G51 said:

Keane will have an ego, the same as Gerrard does - if you were that good a player, then you will have one.

I know absolutely f**k all about Nicky Butt's coaching career. He could be great, he could be shite. A wildcard.

Been a long time since he was in management. Will be interesting to see if he's softened any working with O' Neill. Eamon Dunphy was pretty aggressive about him a few years back: https://www.joe.ie/sport/eamon-dunphy-launched-blistering-attack-roy-keane-630941

Screenshot_20210324-190157_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d5d9f334a7d89955f0c09965e98bb44c.jpg

Apparently Aiden McGeady and Shay Given said that they done absolutely no tactical, or opposition, work while O'Neill and Keane were in charge of Ireland.

Jinky posts this:

On 22/03/2021 at 13:36, Jinky67 said:

You look forward to Celtic loosing games so you can have a bitch on a forum? What an odd little fellow you are.

And yes I held Lennon to a higher standard because the team he inherited was strong, had a winning mentality and won every trophy available to them for the previous 2 and a half seasons. The new manager inherits a team in ruins because of the previous managers ineptitude so how can he possibly be held initially to the same standard? This should be a simple concept to understand....even if you’re a fuckwit

Willy reads this

On 22/03/2021 at 13:36, Jinky67 said:

You look forward to Celtic loosing games so you can have a bitch on a forum? What an odd little fellow you are.

And yes I held Lennon to a higher standard because the team he inherited was strong, had a winning mentality and won every trophy available to them for the previous 2 and a half seasons. The new manager inherits a team in ruins because of the previous managers ineptitude so how can he possibly be held initially to the same standard? This should be a simple concept to understand....even if you’re a fuckwit

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

And "Celtic minded", shirley?

Roy Keane is Lennon 2.0 - get angry at shout at folk and hope you get a reaction out of it. If it doesn't work just throw chairs at folk. 

Kind of management that worked 10 years ago but not now. Players don't take abuse off managers anymore. It'll be hilarious. Great for Scottish football