Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Where did I twist his words?

Well, he literally said in the post that you quoted that the goals for any incoming manager will be different compared to Lennon's due to the mess that he has left you in. Just because he wanted Lennon gone for those failings doesn't mean the next manager is going to be held to the same standard - not immediately anyway.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Well, he literally said in the post that you quoted that the goals for any incoming manager will be different compared to Lennon's due to the mess that he has left you in. Just because he wanted Lennon gone for those failings doesn't mean the next manager is going to be held to the same standard - not immediately anyway.

The goals are the same plus his own expectations as a Celtic fan are the same.

42 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We're not posting about Lennon that is done and dusted M8, we are posting about the next manager(head coach) no grace given.
If hes out of Europe or doesn't win the league by your own expectations he gets the sack.

That’s no what I said at all as those were my expectations of Lennon considering the position of strength he was in and the team he inherited.

We are no longer in a position of strength so the expectations have to be different, we will be a in period of rebuild that takes time. Once an adequate period of time has passed for the next manager to rebuild the squad then he will be held to the same standard

Nice try though 

Edited by Jinky67

52 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Managers that are already at clubs that play in the champions league don't need to come to Celtic but the ones that want to manage in the champions league after next seasons league win will.

You should just go out and get Ancellotti, Allegri, Bielsa, De Zerbi or Benitez if they are queuing up for the job then mate.

19 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The goals are the same plus his own expectations as a Celtic fan are the same.

I won't claim to speak for Jinky, but given that his own words were that the goals for any incoming manager will be different to those which Lennon had, then it appears you are wrong.

Lennon inherited an all-conquering Celtic side that was lightyears ahead of the competition in Scotland. He then proceeded to turn that team into a shadow of itself due to his coaching and lack of tactical awareness.

Don't get me wrong, Rangers improved massively under Gerrard and I think it would've been a tall order for Celtic to win the league this season even if they had a semi-competent manager, but the manner in which Celtic rolled over and accepted second best this season is largely down to Lennon.

Any incoming manager for Celtic will be in a similar position to Gerrard when he arrived at Rangers in my opinion. They clearly had the potential to do a lot better than they were, they just needed the right manager/coaching team to elevate them. I'd be very surprised if the next Celtic manager is sacked for failing to win the league unless it is a similar scudding to the one they've taken this season (which I doubt it will be because any manager coming in is likely to be superior to Lennon).

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I won't claim to speak for Jinky, but given that his own words were that the goals for any incoming manager will be different to those which Lennon had, then it appears you are wrong.

Lennon inherited an all-conquering Celtic side that was lightyears ahead of the competition in Scotland. He then proceeded to turn that team into a shadow of itself due to his coaching and lack of tactical awareness.

Don't get me wrong, Rangers improved massively under Gerrard and I think it would've been a tall order for Celtic to win the league this season even if they had a semi-competent manager, but the manner in which Celtic rolled over and accepted second best this season is largely down to Lennon.

Any incoming manager for Celtic will be in a similar position to Gerrard when he arrived at Rangers in my opinion. They clearly had the potential to do a lot better than they were, they just needed the right manager/coaching team to elevate them. I'd be very surprised if the next Celtic manager is sacked for failing to win the league unless it is a similar scudding to the one they've taken this season (which I doubt it will be because any manager coming in is likely to be superior to Lennon).

No you pretty much nailed how I see our current situation 👍

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That’s no what I said at all as those were my expectations of Lennon considering the position of strength he was in and the team he inherited.

We are no longer in a position of strength so the expectations have to be different, we will be a in period of rebuild that takes time.

Nice try though 

It's good to see you will be lowering your own expectations for next season.
I disagree about Celtic not being in a position of strength next season.

44 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Once an adequate period of time has passed for the next manager to rebuild the squad then he will be held to the same standard

I know you like to add wee bits to your posts,you're still a hypocrite I will be looking forward to your posts every time Celtic lose a game.
You don't rate Lennon as a manager but you held him to a higher standard than the new manager coming in?

37 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It's good to see you will be lowering your own expectations for next season.
I disagree about Celtic not being in a position of strength next season.

Curious as to why you have that belief?

Edouard, Ajer, Christie, Kenny, Laxalt, Duffy, Moi and possibly Brown all likely to leave you have just removed the core of our starting 11.

We need a goalkeepers, both fullbacks, another centre back if not 2, we need to strengthen our midfield significantly and we don’t have a striker that inspires any confidence so I’m really curious as to where you see the strength. Don’t get me wrong the new manager could smash the transfer market but just now we don’t know who that will even be

2 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I know you like to add wee bits to your posts,you're still a hypocrite I will be looking forward to your posts every time Celtic lose a game.
You don't rate Lennon as a manager but you held him to a higher standard than the new manager coming in?

You look forward to Celtic loosing games so you can have a bitch on a forum? What an odd little fellow you are.

And yes I held Lennon to a higher standard because the team he inherited was strong, had a winning mentality and won every trophy available to them for the previous 2 and a half seasons. The new manager inherits a team in ruins because of the previous managers ineptitude so how can he possibly be held initially to the same standard? This should be a simple concept to understand....even if you’re a fuckwit

29 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Willy, Neil Lennon isan awful football manager. Surely you’ve come to realise that?

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You look forward to Celtic loosing games so you can have a bitch on a forum? What an odd little fellow you are.

And yes I held Lennon to a higher standard because the team he inherited was strong, had a winning mentality and won every trophy available to them for the previous 2 and a half seasons. The new manager inherits a team in ruins because of the previous managers ineptitude so how can he possibly be held initially to the same standard? This should be a simple concept to understand....even if you’re a fuckwit

Celtic lose games every season bar one just like sevco this season,we know every season is different but Celtic haven't fell off a cliff.we don't know who is leaving or staying so stop making shit up.

2 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Willy, Neil Lennon isan awful football manager. Surely you’ve come to realise that?

Every manager his there faults nobody is perfect,I look at the bigger picture Lennon won what is it 10 trophies with Celtic as a manager?
The club made mistakes this season Lennon was part of that.

29 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Celtic lose games every season bar one just like sevco this season,we know every season is different but Celtic haven't fell off a cliff.we don't know who is leaving or staying so stop making shit up.

Celtic haven’t fallen off a cliff? Really? Finished on 80 points after 30 games last season and currently we have 69 after 33, what else do you call that? 🤣

But i’m making shit up aye? Just remember who told you after Ferencvaros how this season would pan out and is painful as it is has been right with almost every prediction while you remained blinkered to the reality of what was going on at Celtic and how out of his depth Neil Lennon was. 

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Celtic haven’t fallen off a cliff? Really? Finished on 80 points after 30 games last season and currently we have 69 after 33, what else do you call that? 🤣

But i’m making shit up aye? Just remember who told you after Ferencvaros how this season would pan out and is painful as it is has been right with almost every prediction while you remained blinkered to the reality of what was going on at Celtic and how out of his depth Neil Lennon was. 

Why are you comparing one season to another?
Every season players leave players come in,whether you win the league by 106 points or 79 points you still win the league.
Ferencvaros went on to make the group stages who cares,it has nothing to do with our league form.
This thread is about a new Celtic manager and going by your posts you have written off the league before it starts.
The players we have lost during this 9iar has been incredible yet we still went on to win the league.
You said you were willing to give the new manager time to get it right yet the precedent was set by your own expectations.
So you are willing to take the same position as I took this season making me right all along.
My expectation of the club remains the same it doesn't change yet you are all over the place if, buts and maybes. 

17 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Why are you comparing one season to another?
Every season players leave players come in,whether you win the league by 106 points or 79 points you still win the league.
Ferencvaros went on to make the group stages who cares,it has nothing to do with our league form.
This thread is about a new Celtic manager and going by your posts you have written off the league before it starts.
The players we have lost during this 9iar has been incredible yet we still went on to win the league.
You said you were willing to give the new manager time to get it right yet the precedent was set by your own expectations.
So you are willing to take the same position as I took this season making me right all along.
My expectation of the club remains the same it doesn't change yet you are all over the place if, buts and maybes. 

Again for the last time, a new manager starts from a completely different position from where Lennon did this season. He isn’t inheriting a side capable of winning the league like Lennon did, he will have to build one and that takes time. He could win everything like MON did but we don’t even know who the person is yet so you arguing with me about it is one of the most idiotic situations I’ve ever found myself in on this forum. 

Genuinely convinced your parents were fucking siblings. I won’t reply again I’ve made it clear my view which is pretty obvious to everyone bar you 

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Again for the last time, a new manager starts from a completely different position from where Lennon did this season. He isn’t inheriting a side capable of winning the league like Lennon did, he will have to build one and that takes time. He could win everything like MON did but we don’t even know who the person is yet so you arguing with me about it is one of the most idiotic situations I’ve ever found myself in on this forum. 

Genuinely convinced your parents were fucking siblings. I won’t reply again

Wim Jansen did as well so basically your posting pish about giving a new manager time.
Every manager starts the next season in a different position whether it's his first or last.

1 hour ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Well no, Willy is a troll who seems to still provoke responses from all and sundry on here despite showing no sign whatsoever of engaging in good faith debate.

The fact that all and sundry do respond frequently indicates that he is, in fact, very good at it.