Celtic's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Celtic's next permanent manager?  

445 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Eddie Howe is meeting the players today or tomorrow...

Confirmed by Laxalt over a game of Fortnite 😂

Think he miss understood  the question as French Eddie when asked about ‘Eddie’. I hope to be wrong though. Found it Funny regardless.

Edited by gannonball

On 26/03/2021 at 11:53, AJF said:

The fact that Lennon has been sacked, Gerrard won the league and stopped Celtic clinching the title they had been signing about for the best part of a decade and will go down as a Legend of the club whereas Lennon will be largely unwelcome at Celtic Park kinda suggests that Gerrard got the upper hand in this contest mate.

Don't you love Celtic - reaching out to the deaf community like that?

On 26/03/2021 at 21:52, Miguel Sanchez said:

I really don't know how any forum regular can bring themselves to respond to willy. What's the point?

Passes the time during "lockdown".

2 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

Lucian Favres name being mentioned on ACSOM also, i'd be surprised if we could tempt him

Also suggesting Dom McKay is wanting a significant say in this

I was about to say according to Derek Rae on Twitter it is Favre who has said he is interested, I then read the article and there was absolutely no direct quotes suggesting he has said this so there is probably nothing in it.

48 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I was about to say according to Derek Rae on Twitter it is Favre who has said he is interested, I then read the article and there was absolutely no direct quotes suggesting he has said this so there is probably nothing in it.

Yeah i'm not sure this one has legs at all other than him being available just don't see at his age what he gets from coming to Celtic from somewhere like BVB.

From what i understand we have spoken to Howe, Keane, an unamed Italian (Maresca?) Marsch who ruled himself out and the really interesting one is Rene Maric who is the assistant manager at BMG and only 28!!!

13 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Eddie Howe seems like a great guy. I hope I don't have to start disliking him.

I wouldn’t worry too much. If he does get/take the Celtic job, he will fail miserably. He has no idea what he is letting himself in for. Managing a team whose top home attendance is around 12,000, 12,000 people who are more concerned with whether they will be able to sunbathe on the beach the day after any match than the actual match, to a team who aspire to get 60,000 in each home game, I know they only get around 40,000, a lot of whom would do anything to get a result for their team.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Managing a team whose top home attendance is around 12,000, 12,000 people who are more concerned with whether they will be able to sunbathe on the beach the day after any match than the actual match,

Enough about the dons joey 

15 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I wouldn’t worry too much. If he does get/take the Celtic job, he will fail miserably. He has no idea what he is letting himself in for. Managing a team whose top home attendance is around 12,000, 12,000 people who are more concerned with whether they will be able to sunbathe on the beach the day after any match than the actual match, to a team who aspire to get 60,000 in each home game, I know they only get around 40,000, a lot of whom would do anything to get a result for their team.

You do wonder about his mentality.

Rodgers was an arrogant, overconfident, w****r of a man, but you probably need to be to succeed as a manager at Celtic/Rangers.

Howe didn't really strike me as that type at Bournemouth. The egos/pressure at Celtic will be far larger than anything he faced at Bournemouth. 

33 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You do wonder about his mentality.

Rodgers was an arrogant, overconfident, w****r of a man, but you probably need to be to succeed as a manager at Celtic/Rangers.

Howe didn't really strike me as that type at Bournemouth. The egos/pressure at Celtic will be far larger than anything he faced at Bournemouth. 

tbf that fits Neil Lennon pretty well too and he was a bit shit, ha.

I get what you mean, but I did have the impression Rodgers was also capable of a bit of quiet reflection/being a bit more softly spoken at times, which I never really got with Neil Lennon who just came over as a permaseething dick 99% of the time; I'm willing to bet him visibly frothing at the mouth with rage during matches was largely what he was like behind closed doors too.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

12,000 people who are more concerned with whether they will be able to sunbathe on the beach the day after any match than the actual match

This sounds like an absolutely class life to live tbh.

Howe is a good manager and he’ll be a good manager for Celtic if he signs there. Question is will he be given the time he needs to rebuild that team