Dundee United v Sevco 13/12/20

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Utd certainly showing up well here. Hopefully can continue to upset the wee buffalo. 

Regarding Tavernier, someone playing a blinder of a season doesnt always make them the best player in the country and that is generally the shout of a fool. 

The proof will be in the fact that he will remain at Rangers next season, which is to take nothing away from his form, which is outstanding. He wont be going for big money to the EPL, which would be the case if he was  genuinelythe best player in Scotland AND was on a massive streak of great form. 

He's a confidence player, right now he's playing above himself and the best I've seen from him. Remember we signed him for £200k to play in the championship  and he's not looked out of place against some good European teams. 

Is he a top level player,  ofcourse not but I'm glad we've got him. 

Having no fans at games has probably helped him too, no FFS Tav this season. 

5 minutes ago, G51 said:

The reason Tavernier won’t go to the EPL is his age. That’s the only reason though.

Hes the form player in Scotland, of that there is no doubt. Rangers are the form team. No doubt of that also. None of that changes that this is a full back who has been a defensive laughing stock up to and including your own fans calling for him to be dropped repeatedly, as recently as last season. 

Best player in Scotland isnt really a good shout though, since I imagine even mist Rangers fans would agree with what I already said.... He isnt even the best fullback at Rangers. Barisic is clearly a better footballer than him. 

Just now, kingjoey said:

It’s not great,  but the heart and goggles, regardless of what team the players play for, have to be made yellow cards.

I don't actually get the goggle thing. If it's in reference to "Can you see the Rangers coming?" Then it is top drawer, 10/10,  the best thing ever and if we win the league we must continue this, if it's unrelated then it can go. 

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

The highlight of the match so far has been Derek McInnes expert analysis. Oh, and Boyd being adamant that Morelos should have been off after about 15 minutes, which would have changed the match.

Not so sure. Both our goals from set pieces that Morelos had no part in. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Hes the form player in Scotland, of that there is no doubt. Rangers are the form team. No doubt of that also. None of that changes that this is a full back who has been a defensive laughing stock up to and including your own fans calling for him to be dropped repeatedly, as recently as last season. 

Best player in Scotland isnt really a good shout though, since I imagine even mist Rangers fans would agree with what I already said.... He isnt even the best fullback at Rangers. Barisic is clearly a better footballer than him. 

He’s a full back who was defensively exposed in a Mark Warburton team, like every full back in history that’s played for the guy. Same for Caixinha in what was a total disaster of a team. Since Gerrard came in his defending has improved a lot because he’s no longer hung out to dry facing 1v1’s. But the reputation stuck and it’s a difficult one to shake, even when the guys part of a team that concedes a goal every six games.

Taking the opinion of football fans on how good a player is isn’t a particularly great barometer, because we’re mostly clueless about football.

I can’t speak for others, but there’s zero doubt in my mind that Tavernier is a better footballer than Barisic. Better physically, better off the ball, better finisher. Barisic has better technique for striking a ball, but not many other better attributes. There’s a reason we send most of our attacks down the right rather than the left.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

How dors this c*nt get away with it every time.....

No fans screaming for a red has probably influenced the ref a bit, because it's Morelos though it'll.....

Celtic fans in the comments demanding bans while forgetting about Broonaldos antics during games.